July 28, 2014 | 2069 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - In Control Curious

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2006 9:26:00 AM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this scent. It smells a lot like Aquolina's pink sugar but not quite as sweet. The bottle with the atomizer is really lovely as well. It's a huge bottle so I definitely won't need to buy another one as this will last a very, very long time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Curious and Fantasy, and at first, I liked this, too. Yet, I HATE the atomizer spray, and for some weird reason, the scent changes after the first spray. It almost has a peppery scent and it really stinks. Thankfully, the perfume doesn't last long, either. I don't know where that pepper smell comes from but it stinks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2006 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sirenette

There are some nice things about this scent. I too smell something reminiscent of the candied fruit of ginestat botyris. The bad news is there is a powdery, tickle your nose type of scent and a strange, sharp, flammable smell running through the whole thing. Is it nail polish? hairspray? gasoline? Im not sure but it is unpleasant. If you happen to like this fragrance you are in luck because it lasts forever. Scrubbed twice and showered I can still smell it the next day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

Interesting, I see the similarities to Collection with that honey sweet thing going on but this is waaaaay more gourmand. I hated it at first, now it's growing on me. It is totally different from Curious which I really like as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My relationship with the Britney Spears line hasn't been good. I hated Curious, which was the white floral fragrance from hell on me, and Fantasy was way too musky for me. In Control is definitely better than the first two. Orchid is one of my favorite floral notes and all of the other foodie notes in this one really appealed to me.

In Control is like dusky black orchid smothered in creme brulee and vanilla bean. It's a pretty good combination, in my opinion. Silky, sultry, and sweet.

Staying power is... lacking. It's strong for about a half hour on me and then I can only smell it if I press my nose up against my skin. It clings close to my skin for around 8 hours, but it doesn't have much throw. It's much weaker than I like my fragrances to be.

The packaging... looks deceptively cute on sephora's website. In person it's honestly kind of a cheap looking bottle.

This isn't the sort of fragrance that I couldn't live without, and I doubt that I'd spend over $50 to get another bottle, but I'll probably actually use up the bottle that I do have. The fragrance itself isn't bad at all, but probably a bit overpriced.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by honkytonkangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For Pete's sake, Britney. Enough. Sheesh!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

This is nice! It's still in the process of growing on me (and I'm obviously allowing it to), but it's because it's very interesting and different from most of the sweet scents that are currently being manufactured and shipped out by the split-second. I notice a lot of sweetness, but not cloyingly so. It's a lot mellower than Fantasy, which is a plus for me. The only downfall is that I don't like the bottle or the name. :-/ I've only seen the 3.3 oz. bottle being sold at stores for $54.50. It looks like it comes with a bulb atomizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ox_anabella_xo

Curious and Fantasy had a baby and named it In Control. I suppose they have a sense of humour. In Control has the floral of the former, and the yummy foody-ness of the latter that makes me want to eat it. For some reason on me it dries down to smell in between a sweet floral and fruity candy. If you are a fan of Pink Sugar you will like this. Unfortunately In Control has also inherited Curious' very poor staying power. The bottle is also very tacky, dollar-store esque and it's a damn good thing we can throw away the box after it's opened. Either way, what is the point of wearing perfume when you have to assault yourself to be able to smell it, and even then it wears off within the hour? I wish I waited until Sephora got this to buy it, but my impatience has once again faltered me as I bought this unsniffed on Macys.com as soon as I heard about it, and they don't have the lenient return policy Sephora has. So I will finish this up, but that will be all

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Britney Spears In Control Curious today at Macy's. To my nose, it's an even sweeter derivation of Calvin Klein Euphoria, with a lot more vanilla. It has "loquat fruit" instead of pomegranate, "midnight orchid" instead of black orchid, and "sugared sandalwood" instead of amber and mahogany. Same red fruit / orchid / sweet wood idea. Same poor staying power, too! And the bottle is really cute, but it sprays all over itself. I won't even comment on the irony of naming this fragrance "In Control" at a point in time when its namesake is anything but.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Lesly101

I sampled this twice so far - at first try, this smelled really, really good - a definite "caramelized sugar" note, which, i imagine, is the creme brulee. However, it seems to disappear within an hour, if that, and on the drydown smells very similar to Fantasy (same synthetic plastic sweetness). I'll have to give it another go, but so far it doesnt look like a possible purchase.