Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 7/9/2011 7:20:00 PM

This is probably the worst sunblock I've ever used. There is a color tint to it that is hard to match skin tones too. It goes on and it looks like a chalky white mask. Feels oily and heavy. Will be pawning this off to somebody else and will not buy again.

on 7/9/2011 7:09:00 PM

There are lots of sunscreens on the mark to choose from but I decided to buy this sunscreen because I know its a favourite of one of the make-up artists and beauty gurus on youtube. The first day I started wearing this my skin looked more clean and polished than ever. I love wearing foundation and this sunscreen really does double-up as a good primer for underneath my make-up. I'm impressed that this doesn't look greasy or white cast in any way-so you can't even tell you have anything on your face. It comes out the tube looking tinted but seems to blend in with my fair NC 15 skin tone with no problems. Sunscreens are generally quite expensive, in my opinion, so this one isn't any more pricey than the average.
My skin can be quite sensitive to heat bumps and sometimes I feel this product makes my reaction towards them worse, this is only a very ocassional problem for me but I would advise very sensitive skin types to test this product before buying just to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin.
Overall, a really nice product that I would be happy to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have a very oily t-zone and i love this product. I use it everyday under my MAC pro longwear foundation. I put it on at 6am and I blot at 12pm. So i wont be using another sunblock on my face.

on 6/15/2011 1:33:00 PM

This stuff is terrible. Very slimy application, greasy and slimy after it's on your skin. I waited 20 minutes for this to soak in. It barely absorbed. I ran my finger across my skin and it came back shiny and greasy feeling. It just would not sink in!!

I applied my powder makeup after the 20 mins, and my brush dragged across my face. After I was done, my makeup brush felt greasy and gross.

This is just absolutely DISGUSTING. I am returning it asap.

STAY AWAY!!

on 6/1/2011 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic.
Gives a radiant, non oily shimmer to my skin and an over all very groomed finish.
I even nearly stopped using foundation, which I love, because this is so good.
It even gives coverage but you would never guess there is a tinted product on your face. Goes on very easily. Neither dry, nor oily or sticky. Oil free and perfect for acne prone skin.

Only thing I cant figure out is- is it once a day?

on 5/11/2011 12:14:00 PM

Great physical sunblock! I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have been using this sunblock for years. Trying to avoid any oxybenzone sunscreen products so this one is great. It is tinted, which is not a problem for my fair skin. Comes in a tube. Highly recommend it!

on 5/7/2011 10:54:00 PM

I would love this if it applied more easily and stayed on better. City Block is non-greasy and non-sticky, only slightly shiny, and is completely non-irritating, although it's slightly drying on my cheeks. Since it doesn't go on well over a moisturizer (it streaks and pills up), I just use it on my T zone and use another sunscreen on my cheeks. City Block is pigmented to compensate for the white cast of the minerals, but goes on sheer.

on 5/6/2011 3:54:00 AM

I bought this after seeing a positive review on a few blogs, and liked the high SPF. The packaging and price point were also pretty good (not too expensive in the UK apparently). However, this product has a couple of major downsides: it's tinted, which it doesn't state on the packaging, so it turns me yellow/orange (I'm too pale for MAC foundations, with pink undertones). It also balls/pills up to a ludicrous extent, making application really, really hard. And it gives a greasy sheen to the face which you have to cover with loose powder. After a painstaking process it does look ok (if yellow), but I then wonder if rubbing off all the balls of product has decreased its effectiveness. So overall, misleading packaging that doesn't state the product is coloured, and terrible application - definitely would not repurchase, which is a shame as I wanted to love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Just as I was about to take the plunge and buy this, I swallowed my pride and asked to try it on first, so glad I did because It was horrible. Im NC43 and it left an obvious lavender tint on my face that looked horrible (literally looked like a light dusting of lavender eyeshadow all over my face), it creased on my eyelid, plus it balled up under my eye and looked like eye crust ( ew). Try before you buy !!

i don't love this product or hate it. but for the price i would recommend the shiseido sunscreen. i also found that the product balls up while applying which is really annoying. but i kept experimenting and i found that this is because it dries really fast. i have found the best way to apply it is to apply half a pea sized amount onto each section of my face (i have to use my hands to apply it though) one at a time. that solved the problem