April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was initially drawn to this as it cotained a high SPF, however, I found this product very disappointing. I had hoped to use it as an every day moisturiser under my make up but found it makes my skin look very dry and flaky.
The product didn't rub in well and made my face look shiney on initial application. Applying powder to counteract the shininess only made matters worse by accentuating fine lines on my face and giving me dry patches. I also tried applying a moisturiser underneath it to see if that made a difference but to no avail. Perhaps this product works well for oily complexions but steer clear of it if your skin is in any way dry. I will now be using this as a sunscreen when I am out running.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

Too oily and greasy - espeically in the summer. Doesn't soak in very well.
Usually I mix it in with my regular moisturizer just so it's not totally greasing up my face. That makes it a bit better, but I still don't like to use it too much. Not too fond of the price, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by mssquirrel

This is a great product for me as I have sensitive and acne prone skin so need oil free products. This does not break me out and is a great barrier against sun, smog and humidity. I find it absorbs beautifully and is a great primer and the colour gives me a light coverage which I like. The high SPF is great if like me you are having microdermabrasion or using glycolic or scaylic acid treatment so trying to protect your skin. Can make my skin slightly shiny looking

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this thing is nasty. i have heard so much about it when i found the earlier sunscreen was breaking me out and making my skin rough i went online and order this. i opened it with great hope, it came out as a yellow tint cream and it smells like some industrial paint(if there is such a thing), i mean, it smells nasty.and the texture itself is kind of funny too,it is like it has seperated from water..kind of runny while it was a cream. when i put it on my face, it just make my skin looking flaky, instantly age me by ten, no kidding. horrible. i returned it and i went to local deparment store just to check if it was only my tube. no, all of it. horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by anirbef

too greasy and makes my skin looks oilier! yuuuck!! this product just cant work on my combi skin, definitely will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's really hard to find a non-greasy, effective sunscreen that has a high enough SPF. I had really high hopes for this product since it totally fit the bill but it was too watery. It doesn't absorb the way I want it to and my skin gets shiny really fast with this. I'm sure it could work well for other people but I just found myself reaching for it less and less until I just wanted to throw it away. I much prefer using a moisturizer or foundation with SPF built into it instead. Will not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LeviClinique

Excellent solely as a makeup primer.

Very nice smell (if your into the smell of SPF)

photo stable (suprizingly enough, not all products containing spf are photo stable)

Perfect for slowing the effects of ageing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by theotherphaeton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really desperate for a decent sunscreen-stroke-tinted moisturiser, and having vampire pale skin was really hoping City Block would do the trick. I pinched a bit of my mum's to try, but it really stung my skin. I washed it off after an hour. Like a lot of Clinique products I've tried, it's just too much for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by raquelkeki

Non-greasy, nice color, no fragrance, and SPF 40! I have combination skin and this makes my skin matte all day long. I've been using it for 2 years, even around my eyes.
I'm sure you girls living in USA and Europe can find good stores and maybe get some samples (samples are so hard to find here in Brazil). Give this product a try, you won't regret. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by lesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG sunscreen, hands down! Super gentle even when my skin is raw from retinoid over-application, non-greasy, and doesn't irritate/cause breakouts despite my 'cone sensitivity. I briefly cheated on it with the new Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid, and sorely regretted it as soon as I applied and my skin started to sting! At $17.50 for the Clinique and only $3-4 less for Neutrogena, I definitely think the Clinique is worth every penny.

It's a primarily physical sunblock, though it does have a few chemical sunscreen ingredients, for those who are allergic or sensitive. It has done a great job protecting my skin from burning on an everyday basis, though if you are in harsh sun or sweating/swimming, you will probably need to reapply every so often.