MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 11/6/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i have 2 shades of this, NC30 and NC35. I have very oily skin and I have big pores. I have tried other foundations like revlon colorstay but it was too heavy and looked ashy but with this one, it is perfect! It's looks like my 'second skin'. When I apply it, I use a stippling brush and it looks flawless and airbrushed especially if you make sure that you blend,blend, blend. A little amount of product is all I need, just a tiny drop. It doesn't look cakey, just beautiful matte finish which is perfect for oily skin. I also love how MAC has that very flexible shades. I use NC30 and NC35 alternately and both matches my skintone. I'm in love with MAC studio fix.

on 11/4/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this since I've never had a problem with any other MAC products. When I purchased it I used it quite a lot, and I found it gave good coverage, but only okay staying power. Because it was an expensive foundation I didn't use this every day, and after a couple of months I sort of forgot about it (since Revlon Colorstay is much better anyway). I thought since I had paid so much for it I should just use it up, so I did start using it consistently every day, and my skin broke out like mad. I had the worst cystic acne and at first I couldn't figure out why (I would get some acne from it in the past but it was only very minor), only then did I realze it was the MAC foundation and that it had happened to countless other girls as well. If you are acne prone (I am, but no product has ever caused me to break out like that before) I would stay away from this. I don't have sensitive skin either, so it was bizzare. The packaging is awful, I paid $50 AUD for this and it doesn't come with a pump, you have to pay extra for a pump...I mean seriously, if cheap drugstore foundations can afford to put pumps on their bottles so can MAC. Hate it and would not buy it ever again.

on 11/4/2014 9:14:00 PM

For a while ive always thought that MAC foundation is very heavy and cakey until I tried it. For reference I am NC 20 (perfect match for me), Asian, and have combination/oily skin. I used this everyday to work since august 2014 and it holds well for about 8 - 9 hours with a primer (hourglass mineral veil primer). Surprisingly, I don't have to blot during midday as I usually do which is super good but that may be due to primer + moisturisers I use. Also, this foundation depends what type of brush you use. I find it works best with my tom ford cream foundation brush as it blends the foundation nicely and don't get that cakey heavy look. this may be my HG foundation! will def repurchase :)

on 10/29/2014 9:48:00 PM

Great Coverage. Flawless !!!

on 10/28/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product over a month ago for the first time...considering the price, I probably should have read the reviews first as I am very prone to break outs...not joking, EVERYTHING BREAKS ME OUT!!....I instantly regretted buying it after reading about 30 reviews!!

I decided to give it a go anyway because I couldn't bare to watch it just sit there un-opened...long story short, 6 weeks later, wearing it everyday to work & on weekends (when I would usually only wear mineral powder to work because of my horrible skin problems) I very surprising, absolutely LOVE this product!! It hasn't made me break out, it stays on all day & I only need to use a very little bit...if you put on too much it tends to look a bit cakey..It covers everything you need it too and looks really nice on my skin!! It does look shinny when you put it on but that's nothing a bit of powder on top can't fix.

I'm glad I didn't toss it to this side without trying it first. I spend so much money trying to find products that my skin agrees with and I have finally found a foundation that works for me!

I absolutely love this foundation and I have recently bought my second bottle. Many reviews say that its cakey but I do not find this at all if I use correct blending. Beautiful Matte Coverage.
The only downside is the packaging, as the product gets lower, you kind of have to swing the bottle to get the foundation out or keep it upside down. Can get messy but its worth it as I have had no luck with previous foundations. I use colour NW20 and it blends in perfectly.
I would recommend this product!

on 10/26/2014 12:35:00 PM

4 stars it's not perfect but makes skin look clear, flawless and even. Great for oily skin types, lasts all day on face, my fave foundation so far that I have tried in 6 years

on 10/22/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had read so many good things about Studio Fix Fluid here and on YT videos. I got my usual NC20 color which is perfect for me in Mineralize liquid foundation, C1-N2 in Face & Body. I had wanted to try the matte look that's been popular this season. NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid was too yellow and too dark for me, and the finished texture was extremely dry, accentuated every line around the eyes. It does cover blemishes. This formula would seem to work best on young, oily skin. If you do get it, consider going lighter and more neutral than you think you'd need. Test on face near hairline before purchasing -- don't try to get the color right by using just hand or jawline. I'll stick with Mineralize liquid and F&B.

on 10/21/2014 11:37:00 AM

its amazing.. but it is not an everyday wear foundation..it does dry out fast and its coverage is really amazing.. its not an everyday foundation because its too heavy and isn't moisturising or nourishing..

on 10/15/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE - I got this in NC35. I'm Asian with light medium skintone and warm undertones. NC35 is a good match for me.

FINISH - At first, I really didn't love this. There was just something off about the finish but then I used it with a good primer and voila! Flawless, awesome, brilliant! If you haven't been able to make this work for you, experiment with different primers underneath. The one that I love using with this right now is a Korean primer - A'Pieu Magic Pore Cover Balm.

COVERAGE - It's full coverage. I use the smallest amount, like a tiny dot, for everyday use. You can thin it out even more with your moisturizer for even lighter coverage. For more coverage, it's very buildable. Apply in thin layers until you get where you need to be. Side Note: There's something latex-y about this, if you know what I mean (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). It's like it forms a thin film but it's not mask-like as long as you apply with a light hand. If you have zits, acne scars, blemishes, or dark spots, you'd still need a touch of concealer.

LASTING POWER - Good and even better with a good primer.

PACKAGING - It comes in a bottle with a twist cap. The consistency of the foundie is thick and the opening of the bottle is small. My bottle is still mostly full but I imagine It would be a challenge to get stuff out when it's less full. This is not cheap so I want to get every drop I can out of it. :P The packaging makes that difficult.