April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ciarar

I bought this as it's supposed to repair barrier function. I don't know if it will do that but it has helped a lot. My skin is parched from using aggressive treatments to treat other skin ailments. I find that some moisturizers work to calm my skin for a while but by the afternoon my skin is parched, taught or peeling.
This applies like a paste, thick and quite greasy at first but it does absorb somewhat although not fully. If I am applying powder or smthg that will clump I finish this cream with a drop of Murad's perfecting serum which seems to take the oily finish off but seals in the moisture. As a night cream it is great. I have plastered it on expecting some break outs or clogged pores but it that hasn't happened. It calms my skin when it's irritated. If you have ever experienced tight "burnt" skin from acid treatments or just cold weather then I'd advise investing in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SofeYG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on the reviews. i have a tendency to pop my pimples and sometimes it leaves a big crust and mark that takes forever to heal. I bought this cream and applied 2 or 3 times a day on the areas. it still takes a couple of days but it definitely healed it really well and better. I had a crust for 2 days and then it's like it almost disappeared. Now I have a pink-ish mark (day 3) but am confident it will go away much faster.
My skin also craves hydration since I am on RAM and Azelex for my acne. This cream soaks into my skin leaving it smooth. I am planning to use it on my face evry night during my trip in Hawaii to limit sun damages...
Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

I ran across this cream when searching for something to help repair my barrier function. It was really suffering due to continued aha use, plus a change in retinoids to a different, stronger one. My skin was dehydrated yet oily, extremely sensitized and reddened, as well as being very very acne prone. Enter Cicalfate.

According to the box:

-Micronized sucralfate helps the healing process when topically applied

-Copper sulfate and zinc sulfate work synergistically to promote and maintain a healthy enviroment during skin recovery

-A high percentage of Avéne theraml spring water helps soothe and soften the skin

-Preservative free, fragrance free

This cream helped me hydrate my skin, while keeping it in a naturally antibacterial environment so it could heal itself. And it did. Suprisingly without breakouts. It's a thick white cream that looks very white while I spread it on, but it disappears quickly. I use this at night due to the heaviness b/c I really slather it on. I wake up without any redness whatsoever. On days when it's really cold and windy, I put this on under my sunscreen and my skin stays happy. I couldn't be more pleased to have found this product as well as this line.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Neiddi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This antibacterial and soothing cream with zinc, copper and sucralfate is a very nice product for skin emergencies. I use it on rashes that i get on my neck and hands and it calms them down very quickly. I like the fact that unlike cortisone creams, this stops the itching without thinning the skin. I also use it when the corners of my eyes or mouth crack. But it doesn't work on the very dry, red and flaky areas on my face (it just seems to dry them out more, probably because of the zinc), nor for my rosacea flares. But for anything else, it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lavanilo

this is good stuff. really really good stuff. i remembered when i was in singapore, my face nose was oily but the skin on my nose are flaking. i don't know what to do so i've decided to try this creme as they say it helps with redness and flaking. and i'm happy. i used this for 3 days at night, and my skin on the nose starts recovering. i find this creme is enjoyable during my flaking moments.

please understand when i said flaking, it's not because my skin is dry. it's some skin condition when your skin is oily but flaking. so if you need to cure your dry skin, find a creme for dry skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 7:30:00 AM More reviews by scyoc

I've been having sensitive skin, acne and dryness problems for almost 2 years now. It sort of came out of the blue and I still haven't figured out why. After reading the reviews I decided to give this product a go since I really needed some healing. I had 2 very huge and stubbon cysts on my chin and all I did was put the cicalfate on it before bed..and the next morning they were so much smaller...did it the next night as well...and now they're in the dry healing-end stage. So great! I don't use any acne products anymore since they end up irritating and drying my skin. It is quite emollient so you wouldn't want to use during the day...nighttime is perfect. I've not received any acne from this. So far so good. The only downer is the packaging. When trying to aqueeze this out of the tube I got alot of the spring water gushing out. Perhaps mine was a little old or that is how it is...I felt as though it was a waste since there is no way to mix the creme with the water. I'll update if any changes.
EDIT: I still use this, but it is not moisturizing enough for winter, but still great to put onto acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by maniaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really great multi purpose product. It helps with many kinds of irritations ( after shaving, depilation, peelings), it soothes and moisturizes the skin and also protect it. It has some antibacterial properties and it also helps with spots and breakouts – mine disappear faster, it also heals small wounds after removing them. It’s really helpful with many kinds of skin problems and it’s my personal “must-have” always used when something bad happens to my skin. First I bought 40 ml tube, now I use these 100 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sullivan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have purchased this several times, and I can't imagine being without it. I first started using it for my irritated hands. I am a nurse, and I wash my hands a lot. This product is very soothing and it really decreased the irritation and dryness that I experienced on my hands during the winter months. I have a new use for this product now. Last Fall I developed a rash on one side of my neck. It was mild and waxed and waned. Over the last few weeks it has gotten worse, and it spread to the other side of my neck and to my upper chest. Everything that I have used on it has made it redder and increased the burning, including the cream that the doctor prescribed for it. In one application Cicalfate decreased the redness by 50% and completely relieved the burning. I am sold on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sparrkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product since December 2005. I purchased it to deal with a bad case of contact dermatitis on the back of my hands. As it turns out, it didnt really help my intended problem, but I have found it prevents razor burn after shaving my bikini line, I always get a really horrible rash after shaving. I have also used it for healing scars and the spots left behind after pimples. I also often get a rash/dry area next to my nose on my cheeks. This cream makes the irritation and rash go away overnight. Honestly, I couldnt live without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ptrip

wonderful product! During my pregnancy I was dealing with eczema on my face. Nothing was working on it. I tried steroids, triceram, trixera, avene for intolerant skin...everything on the market. Two days of the cicalfate and I can already see a marked change.