January 29, 2015 | 2068 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jestagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry. Kind of long. I'm 6 months pregnant, and I've been breaking out my entire pregnancy. So, to help make myself even somewhat presentable, I get bi-weekly facials from my dermatologist. Last week, I had 2 particularly large cysts on my chin that she extracted, but afterwards it was still...leaking (sorry, TMI). She said that the office was starting to use Avene Cicalfate in these scenarios because it is supposed to heal these types of blemishes faster (than something like Neosporin, WHICH I have used in the past and doesn't work well). She said it reduces inflammation and scarring. At this point, I was like yeah, whatever. It's fine. I am just going to accept my messed up skin. So, I had no expectations. She said not to put too much on (and gave me a sample). BTW, she also did NOT inject cortisone into the area. The next morning, there was no bump. The skin was healing, and I didn't notice any smaller clogged pores forming around the area. Now 4 days later, the blemish is virtually gone. I'm shocked and SOLD. I ordered the full size from DermStore this morning. Definitely HG potential.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bagella

I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this product! This is my skin saviour! I use this every night all over my face, applying lightly on my forehead (which is acne prone). This works miracles! I spray some La Roche Posay Thermal Water (I find their thermal water works better than Avènes'), let it dry a little and while my skin is still damp, I apply this cream liberally on my cheeks and temples. Keeps my normal skin healthy and radiant. I get so many complements on my flawless skin and I owe it all to this cream. Definitly HG material for me! Will never be without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Anaterma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

well, guess what, i use this product as a base for lip balm i make by just adding some essential oils like cedar wood.
it is good for my lips but not for my face! with my combi/normal skin it immediately glogges pores and so on

but i keep buying this for my lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

I got this cream when I lived in France. It's kind of a multi-purpose cream for types of skin ailments. I think it works OK, but not any better than Neosporin. It just has the pretty pink and white tube with the Avene logo on it. It's definitely not worth buying, unless you live in Europe--otherwise use Neosporin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally I had this product for my daughters diaper rash. Then I broke out on my chin really bad. I tried to fight it with my usual procedure:Proactiv!Didn't help so much this time...my skin was dried and the pimples red and itchy. So I thought I would give this cream a try. I put it on at night and when I woke up....WOW!!!My pimples were almost all gone..less bumpy and the nasty redness almost disappeared. This is really a miracle cream!!!I love it!You, who habe some breakouts give it a try and be amazed!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just recently I bought both LRP Cicaplast as well as Avene Cicalfate. Both creams are designed to repair the skin barrier, reduce inflammation, treat dry, chapped skin and heal cuts and scrapes. This is a thick, white cream, very moisturizing and soothing. I like it very much; also makes a great night cream. A staple in my medicin cabinet! Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-2-Sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Aluminum Sucrose, Octasulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Zinc Sulfate.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by hairlesswonder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This creme is supposed to help your skin recover. Not really. It broke me out in rosacea pastules after using. It felt smothering as if my skin could not breathe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by rinniegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the liquid problem happen to me too. I actually drained the liquid off and think its maybe spring water??? don't know. The thick cream is on the bottom. Sucks but I love this cream and would buy it again. Its very soothing!
Updated 11/26/07 This has become my HG face cream. I alternate with Eluage Cream but the Cicalfate keeps my redness in check like nothing else I have ever used. I love this stuff. I now buy it from a US source and have not had the liquid problem occur again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is glorified diaper cream but it works wonders on ripped cuticles and paper cuts and general bobos. I have also used it around my eyes and nostrils when they were irritated. I cut my hand chopping vegetables last weekend and a bit of cicalfate cleared it right up. I alternate between this and La Roche Posay's Cicaplast, which soaks in a bit better. I find the products to be similar, but in France Cicalfate seems to be a lot more popular. I use CD apricot cream at night on my cuticles, but I find a little Cicalfate (or Cicaplast) on my cuticles during the day prevents them from ripping. A good all purpose product worth having in your stash.

Edit: in response to the review above, Cicalfate has the consistency and appearance of diaper rash cream- thick, white and opaque. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased Avene Cicalfate Creme Reparatrice Antibacterienne based on favourable reviews here. I use a few Avene products already and they have been very helpful in managing my often sensitive, easily irritated but oily/acne prone skin. It is difficult to find products that meet this criteria. I've been suffering from dermatitis on my neck and along my jawline for quite some time and was desperately trying to find alternatives to cortisone creams. I get dermatitis often, on different areas of my body, for no obvious reasons. I found this cream very soothing, thick and rich but easily absorbed with none of the oiliness often found in balms designed for sensitive/dry skin. It is a well balanced preparation. Goes on pasty white at first (like nappy rash cream) but sinks in quickly. It moisturises, calms and seems to assist my skin in repairing itself. The redness and creepiness caused by the dermatitis was so much better after just 24 hours! The itch was gone too. I have started using it under my jawline (where I often get acne breakouts) and the area is less inflamed, the pimples much smaller than usual. I have not noticed any adverse reactions to this cream and I think it can be used as often as necessary. A great find and will definitely repurchase!