October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

I got this cream when I lived in France. It's kind of a multi-purpose cream for types of skin ailments. I think it works OK, but not any better than Neosporin. It just has the pretty pink and white tube with the Avene logo on it. It's definitely not worth buying, unless you live in Europe--otherwise use Neosporin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally I had this product for my daughters diaper rash. Then I broke out on my chin really bad. I tried to fight it with my usual procedure:Proactiv!Didn't help so much this time...my skin was dried and the pimples red and itchy. So I thought I would give this cream a try. I put it on at night and when I woke up....WOW!!!My pimples were almost all gone..less bumpy and the nasty redness almost disappeared. This is really a miracle cream!!!I love it!You, who habe some breakouts give it a try and be amazed!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just recently I bought both LRP Cicaplast as well as Avene Cicalfate. Both creams are designed to repair the skin barrier, reduce inflammation, treat dry, chapped skin and heal cuts and scrapes. This is a thick, white cream, very moisturizing and soothing. I like it very much; also makes a great night cream. A staple in my medicin cabinet! Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-2-Sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Aluminum Sucrose, Octasulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Zinc Sulfate.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by hairlesswonder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This creme is supposed to help your skin recover. Not really. It broke me out in rosacea pastules after using. It felt smothering as if my skin could not breathe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by rinniegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the liquid problem happen to me too. I actually drained the liquid off and think its maybe spring water??? don't know. The thick cream is on the bottom. Sucks but I love this cream and would buy it again. Its very soothing!
Updated 11/26/07 This has become my HG face cream. I alternate with Eluage Cream but the Cicalfate keeps my redness in check like nothing else I have ever used. I love this stuff. I now buy it from a US source and have not had the liquid problem occur again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is glorified diaper cream but it works wonders on ripped cuticles and paper cuts and general bobos. I have also used it around my eyes and nostrils when they were irritated. I cut my hand chopping vegetables last weekend and a bit of cicalfate cleared it right up. I alternate between this and La Roche Posay's Cicaplast, which soaks in a bit better. I find the products to be similar, but in France Cicalfate seems to be a lot more popular. I use CD apricot cream at night on my cuticles, but I find a little Cicalfate (or Cicaplast) on my cuticles during the day prevents them from ripping. A good all purpose product worth having in your stash.

Edit: in response to the review above, Cicalfate has the consistency and appearance of diaper rash cream- thick, white and opaque. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased Avene Cicalfate Creme Reparatrice Antibacterienne based on favourable reviews here. I use a few Avene products already and they have been very helpful in managing my often sensitive, easily irritated but oily/acne prone skin. It is difficult to find products that meet this criteria. I've been suffering from dermatitis on my neck and along my jawline for quite some time and was desperately trying to find alternatives to cortisone creams. I get dermatitis often, on different areas of my body, for no obvious reasons. I found this cream very soothing, thick and rich but easily absorbed with none of the oiliness often found in balms designed for sensitive/dry skin. It is a well balanced preparation. Goes on pasty white at first (like nappy rash cream) but sinks in quickly. It moisturises, calms and seems to assist my skin in repairing itself. The redness and creepiness caused by the dermatitis was so much better after just 24 hours! The itch was gone too. I have started using it under my jawline (where I often get acne breakouts) and the area is less inflamed, the pimples much smaller than usual. I have not noticed any adverse reactions to this cream and I think it can be used as often as necessary. A great find and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ciarar

I bought this as it's supposed to repair barrier function. I don't know if it will do that but it has helped a lot. My skin is parched from using aggressive treatments to treat other skin ailments. I find that some moisturizers work to calm my skin for a while but by the afternoon my skin is parched, taught or peeling.
This applies like a paste, thick and quite greasy at first but it does absorb somewhat although not fully. If I am applying powder or smthg that will clump I finish this cream with a drop of Murad's perfecting serum which seems to take the oily finish off but seals in the moisture. As a night cream it is great. I have plastered it on expecting some break outs or clogged pores but it that hasn't happened. It calms my skin when it's irritated. If you have ever experienced tight "burnt" skin from acid treatments or just cold weather then I'd advise investing in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SofeYG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on the reviews. i have a tendency to pop my pimples and sometimes it leaves a big crust and mark that takes forever to heal. I bought this cream and applied 2 or 3 times a day on the areas. it still takes a couple of days but it definitely healed it really well and better. I had a crust for 2 days and then it's like it almost disappeared. Now I have a pink-ish mark (day 3) but am confident it will go away much faster.
My skin also craves hydration since I am on RAM and Azelex for my acne. This cream soaks into my skin leaving it smooth. I am planning to use it on my face evry night during my trip in Hawaii to limit sun damages...
Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

I ran across this cream when searching for something to help repair my barrier function. It was really suffering due to continued aha use, plus a change in retinoids to a different, stronger one. My skin was dehydrated yet oily, extremely sensitized and reddened, as well as being very very acne prone. Enter Cicalfate.

According to the box:

-Micronized sucralfate helps the healing process when topically applied

-Copper sulfate and zinc sulfate work synergistically to promote and maintain a healthy enviroment during skin recovery

-A high percentage of Avéne theraml spring water helps soothe and soften the skin

-Preservative free, fragrance free

This cream helped me hydrate my skin, while keeping it in a naturally antibacterial environment so it could heal itself. And it did. Suprisingly without breakouts. It's a thick white cream that looks very white while I spread it on, but it disappears quickly. I use this at night due to the heaviness b/c I really slather it on. I wake up without any redness whatsoever. On days when it's really cold and windy, I put this on under my sunscreen and my skin stays happy. I couldn't be more pleased to have found this product as well as this line.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No