October 1, 2014 | 991 users online

Treatments (Face) - Homemade Vitamin C Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

Update Aug 23 2012: While this helps pigmentation and makes my skin so beautifully glowy, I think that topical Vitamin C just breaks me out. With or without glyercin. I'm going to try again once more to be certain as I'm more or less done purging from Triacneal. If I get spotty, I'll know it's not for me. Alas, I may just need to use this vitamin internally as it still can be beneficial for skin health. ................................So after a few months of tinkering with this recipe, I have found what works for me : 1/4 tsp vitamin C crystals (Natural Factors) in one ounce of water (previously boiled and filtered - I live in an area with fantastic, soft drinking water, though I may try Evian or Fiji water). I found that my skin does not do well with glycerin in any concentration in this serum. I don't know why, but it appears to cause me clogs/zits. Anyway, I use this 1-2 x daily - under my rosehip oil/sunscreen in the morning, and under Avene Triacneal at night. I am finding this combo is slowly but surely clearing my clogged skin, evening out my tone and giving me a nice glow. I would recommend this, though as everything DIY, YMMV!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Simplest recipe ever: vitamin c granules, wet with water, then add some glycerin to desired thickness.

Done.

Most potent vitamin c serum for face ever. Quickly degrades (within 5 days). Put in a dark container to extend life.

Enjoy antioxidized skin for 0.1% of the price and 1000% the effectiveness of store bought.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by olemissmoss

After much researching and price comparing, I decided to make my own Vitamin C Serum. I mix the following in the palm of my hand (I like this method because it is fresh each day)..
4 drops pure Rose Oil w/ Grapeseed Oil
1 drop pure Vegetable Glycerin
1/16 teaspoon pure Vitamin C Crystals (ascorbic acid)

It does burn and tingle for a bit, but it never lasts more than 10-15 minutes. The results are amazing and addictive. I am hooked after seeing visible results after just one week. I purchase all of the ingredients from iHerb.com, although there are many other good websites and health stores. Use FOF205 to receive five dollars of your first order.

10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by dimiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have mild rosacea (just the redness) ,somy skin is reactive to everything!
vitamin c is an excellent antioxidant which also promotes the synthesis of collagen. I used to make a 10 % solution in plain distealed water and keep it in a dark drop bottle but i did't like this method.. it's not very sanitary...

so. my new method of preparation is this:
I put gust a bit of the powder on my hand and spray it with avene thermal water. I work it for a minute with my finger in order for it to fully disolve,then rub it in my hands and apply to clean dry face!

I really like this new method of mine because every single time I apply, i know it's super fress!
vitamic c has helped my redness and the overall condition of my skin! i'll never be without it!!

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's my brew:

4 tsp. rose water
1 tsp. glycerin
1/8 tsp. granulated vitamin C from health foot store.

Store in an old brown John Masters pump bottle which I wash out in boiling water first.

The price is sure right on this one, and I can make a fresh batch every week or so. No bad skin reactions so far.

le

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Following a recipe obtained on the internet I have been making my own Vitamin C -&- Distilled Water "toner" for a couple of months now. Easy to do and inexpensive. I can control the strength of the mixture and make it fresh every week so there's never a question about it going bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS! I've been making my own Vit. C serum for 6 months. I use Vit. C crystals from Trader Joes. I make a strong green tea and add this. With a few other things.

It's the BOMB! Will never be without and it costs pennies. Win-win-win!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by womanofmilwaukee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I also make DIY C Serum and love it.
To get the anti aging benefits it is imperative that the PH level be below 3.5 which allows it to absorb into the skin.
Never ever use C serum that has yellowed or darkened, this is the sign of oxidation.
Use in the mornings, but NOT with copper peptides since they cancel each other out.

For your DIY materials:

Making Cosmetics

Skinactives

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a no-go for my face (hello whiteheads etc), but love it for the body. I mix 1/4 LAA with 2 teaspoons of water, shake it and spray it all over my body and top it with body moisturizer. The result is brighter, more radiant skin tone all over. I make sure I use it consistently a few days before a big night's out - it makes a difference in the pictures. Too bad I can't use it for the face, but that's alright, that's why they have store bought vitamin C serum.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using vitamin C homemade serum for over two weeks and I love it.
I bought a large size of pure ascorbic acid from the health food store and the first time I mixed 1/8 tsp of ac with 2tsp of water and I applied it to my face, neck and chest. It dried to a whitish powder and I rinsed it off because it felt really gritty. I also noticed a dark pigmentation spot under my eye got darker and I was reluctant to use it again.
After a couple days the spot faded somewhat so I thought I'd give it another try. This time I mixed the ac with Reviva Rosewater spray. This really worked because the rosewater spray has glycerin and hayaluronic acid plus lots of other really good ingredients. The serum glided on my skin, did not leave a gritty residue and I did not have to rinse it off. I was able to use my moisturiser on top of it.
I make the serum fresh every day. It's so simple; 1/8 tsp of ac and 2tsp of Reviva rosewater spray. My skin has responded extremely well. It's glowing and the texture is much more refined.
I also make sure I rub some serum on the back of my hands. It is an excellent treatment.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No