April 18, 2014 | 1255 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by steph2mbs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a rave review of this product from the make up artist at Sephora. Obviously she was only trying to make a sale. Big Fatty mascara by Urban Decay is the worst $26 I have ever spent. I could have paid $10 for a cheap mascara and been more satisfied. This mascara dries very quickly so it is a waste to put on more than one coat. I also had terrible clumping which would lead to flaking as the day went on. Seriously? I paid for the same effect I could get from a product from the dollar store. I absolutely do not recommend this product. Stick with what you are already comfortable with!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bad stuff, not worthy of being a mascara. Horribly dry and very hard on my lashes. No lengthing, or volumizing, just dry chunks. Also smelled funny and was bought new and fresh at dept store. Glad to return it, will never try this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by AsatsuyaBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! I've never had a worse mascara.this doesn't even deserve the 1 lippie It got. We'll just say for arguments sake, it's for the really cute packaging. it started at Ulta Beauty's 21 days of Beauty, I went to the Urban decay event. I was SO excited, my makeup was beautiful, and my lashes...AWFUL! I have very long, and a relatively good amount of lashes, that are pretty thin. So I so like Volumizing mascara. This gave me NO length, and NO Volume, it just made my lashes hard, and crunchy feeling? WTF. I hated it, and my once separated lashes, became 4 creepy looking ones. I mean...I was so horrified...and took off the beautiful makeup the artist put on me when I got home... This mascara really ruined the look I had... But the good thing is, by going to this event I learned of the new book of shadows, which I am SO in love with. All in all though. I will never ever buy this mascara...I'm so glad I didn't buy it, I was really considering it...it would have been a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am only giving this a 1 star lippie because the advertised name and claim for fat lashes are.........
very very "MISLEADING"

Now, if this mascara was advertised correctly and I were rating this as a natural glossy looking mascara....then I would give it 5 star Lippies!
Yet, it is not correct! Therefore, I have to give this one a bad review!

The Dior Show looking brush, Cool Tube, and the awesome "Promising Name".......
were all very enticing.
So, I bought it.....and was very upset...to say the least!
(I should have listened to the reviews! I am just stubborn sometimes and need to find out on my own! Just like that bad boyfriend that everyone tells you to stay away from....but we don't and have to learn from our mistakes! Lol!)

I do not think that this mascara could make anyone's lashes look like a "Big Fatty"....and I have seen many Fatty's..........from back when....... Lol!!
Not even the lucky few that are blessed with a good amount of lashes.... could get a Big Fatty Look out of this formula!

This gave me ....NO VOLUME or LENGTHENING whatsoever!
No matter how many coats I put on! I Know....Right!

Although, it did claim it would give a glossy finish....
and Yep, it did do that.... at least Lol!

It is reminiscent of MAC's........." MASCARA X "
Though, at least MAC actually states that "X" will give you glossy natural looking lashes. And it actually gives more oomph! Lol!

So, if you want to spend a lot of money for NATURAL SHINY looking lashes.....then this is your huckleberry.

But, spending that much..... would be just so silly!
Since, there are many cheap drugstore mascaras out there that can give you that for way under $3.00!

So, NO BIG FATTY lashes here ladies!(but, the packaging was so cool looking....oh well can't judge a book by its cover! ;(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by SmashboxQueen

I am a huge fan of UD's eyeliner and eyeshadows, so I figured I'd give "Big Fatty" a go. However, this was a mascara I returned to Sephora. The big, fluffy brush and the name of the mascara is decieving. Even after apply a few coats, the mascara barely did anything for my lashes - except provide some extra length. Not the effect I wanted, as there was virtually zero volume added to my lashes. My $7 L'Oreal mascara from CVS worked better than this! Save your money, beauties.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I should have known not to listen to the SA with the PERFECT lashes. I could tell she was blessed naturally, and that any mascara would work for her. I am a long time fan of Urban Decay, and have tried many of their products with much success. Not with Big Fatty. Big Fatty was a Big Fatty Fail for me. Like a few other reviewers, it pretty much gave me a natural look, which for me means a no lash look. If you have light, sparse lashes, save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by NguyenNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why this product has a 2.7 average rating! One of my favorite mascaras to date! I walked in Ulta and the attractive packaging caught my eye; it was like love at first sight. I've also seen Makeup Guru Lauren Luke use this product in some of her videos, and she loved it, so I decided to try it out myself.
First thing I like about this mascara is the stopper; no excess product what-so-ever on the wand. The brush also lives up to the products name: it's big, it's fat, and it's going to put my lashes to work. Application is smooth, buildable, it doesn't clump, gives my lashes length and volume. Lastly, Urban Decay is cruelty-free; they DO NOT test on animals!
And with the pros, there are the cons. The size of the brush can take some practice to perfect. It's prone to smear on your lids during application, especially if you have small eyes like mine. The price is kind of up there, around $21 at Ulta. The volume and length is nice, just nice. If you're looking for something dramatic, I wouldn't go for this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is also going back to the store... Another bad impulsive purchase that I was talked into. I have always wanted to try this mascara and I guess I am glad I did, but I learned the hard way that it's not worth it. I gave it a "2" because it isn't the worst mascara out there. But it is pretty bad and no way would I ever buy it again.

It doesn't lengthen or give volume as the name suggests. The formula is very hard to work with and thick and sticky (if that makes sense). It also doesn't last long at all! If you're looking for good volume, long thick lashes, and long-lasting formula, I suggest L'real Volumous which has been my go-to everyday mascara for years and years! I LOVE IT! I also use original DiorShow and Diorshow in the silver tube but not every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this mascara is very disappointing. I usually always read or YouTube reviews before buying something, except for this mascara I stopped by sephora and just bought it. it is hard to work with and I curl my lashes before and after the mascara.. my lashes can stay curled even without mascara.. but not with this one.. they just weighted down and I waited a while and I tried to re curl them and it was a mess.. it takes forever to completely dry and when it does I swear it feels like u have on the cheapest mascara ever.. I am sticking to drugstore mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by vilkku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recieved a sample size of this product. My lashes are on the short side and I usually buy lengthening mascaras rather than volumizing ones... but Big Fatty really surprised me! It gave me both volume and length! The huge brush works surprsingly well but I don't really like the packaging, little too hippie-ish for me lol. Anyway I'm shocked to see this mascara has gotten so bad reviews. Like I said my lashes are short so I can only imagine how great results I could achieve with this if I had long lashes! I'm definitely gonna buy the full size