April 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite kind of lip gloss ever. i have a hard time finding lipglosses or lipsticks, because i like they really pink, but in a frosty/clear way.... and this does the trick. it's not too sticky, and it smells wonderful! unfortunately, i keep on losing my bottles of it before i am anywhere near finished with it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Sprinkchip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second (although not consecutive as went for the matte look for a while) tube of this particular shade. Because there was about two years in the interim between purchases, I noticed that the current tube is significantly smaller than the original yet costs the same! Both were purchased from the same place too & were the same price! Anyway, I LOVE this colour, it looks so fresh with a subtle pink/lilac hue but with strong gloss factor. It is glamourous enough to wear on it's own with lipliner and compliments smokey eyes. It lasts and lasts and is definitely the best lipgloss out there for me. HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even though I'm neutral and I can wear both warms and cools. This lipglass was too too cool for me. Too much white/lilac in it for my taste. Also it belongs to 'the muddy looking MAC lip stuff' in my book. So I swapped this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very pretty cool pink with hints of purple. I really like this color, but like C-thru, i hate how its "milky" consistency and it tends to settle unevenly on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dancer56

I really love this gloss. I thought it wouldn't look that good because the colour is quite cool but it looks very pretty, probably because of the gold shimmer. I use this pretty sparingly because I find that otherwise my lips look metallic and tacky, but it's very pigmented and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by luvmymakeup

I love MAC lipglass, period, but Oystergirl is my favorite.I have about 8 lipglass, a chrome, and 2 lustreglass, but this one is my favorite. Once you try MAC, you don't want to go back. Love the scent,taste,colors,look, I love it, my HG for sure! I just don't think many other glosses compare.If you haven't tried it, have no fear, I think you'll LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. i got it recently and was thinking of swapping it before i ever even tried it on at home because looking at it in the tube i just feel very "meh" towards it. i have been on a BIG Wildly Lush Plushglass kick (gorgeous!!!) and decided to use Oyster Girl for something new, and wow. i really, really LOVE it! on my lips it looks nothing like it's appearance in the tube. there is no overly tacky gold flashiness, no lilac-pink pukey color. it just makes my lips look so full and pretty and gives me the perfect pale baby pink pout that i am always chasing after. although this isn't your typical "nude" gloss, it definitely does tone down the naturally rosy pigment of my lips and gives them a lighter, fuller look. upon close inspection, you can see gold but no glitter or chunks, just a really pretty shine. not super obvious and NO grittiness whatsoever. lasting power is excellent and it fades evenly. i would really suggest trying this one on at the counter instead of judging it by the tester tube, you might just fall in love like i did!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this gloss! It's a pale baby pink color with golden shimmer, but somehow shows up as a cool color...very pretty. After reading the reviews, I thought it would wash me out, I cannot do cool colors, but I tried it and really liked it! It lasts pretty much all day, and the texture isnt overly sticky, but enough to stay on your lips for quite a while. I would repurchase this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have 2 favorite Lip Glasses from MAC. Lust is the first, and Oyster Girl is the second. OG is just so gorgeous. It is very pale, but when applied lightly, it has this lovely opalescent type of pink-lavender sheen. It has a bit of golden shimmer. I like to wear this with a smokey eye, and a lot of bronzer. I also, occasionally, like to apply this over Lust.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

This is way too pale looking for me. It isn't very pigmented and is hard to go over your mouth and making the colors even. Very sticky and gooey. I don't like this very much.