December 21, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Cerezas

I hardly wear pinks, and I've decided to change that. One of my first decisions was to seek out a light pink lipgloss that suited me. I've had so much trouble with light pink that I thought I couldn't wear it. Well, I've found one that works.

Anything frosty pink generally looks like a disaster on me because I'm warm toned. But this, probably due to the very slight golden lavender tinge it has, somehow just works. I still have to be careful not to apply too much or it does start to look overly frosty.

The good thing is that this Lipglass is not overly glittery/shimmery like so many of them are. I like shiny, but I don't like looking like I'm wearing glitter on my mouth.

I really like Oyster Girl, and my only complaint is in regards to the stickiness. Getting my hair caught in my gloss isn't fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive been wearing oyster girl for years. this gloss is a very light shell pink. i love the color because it is sheer and complementary to your real lip color, but gives it a hint of pink sheen. its also not a bubblegummy pink, which makes me even happier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite kind of lip gloss ever. i have a hard time finding lipglosses or lipsticks, because i like they really pink, but in a frosty/clear way.... and this does the trick. it's not too sticky, and it smells wonderful! unfortunately, i keep on losing my bottles of it before i am anywhere near finished with it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Sprinkchip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second (although not consecutive as went for the matte look for a while) tube of this particular shade. Because there was about two years in the interim between purchases, I noticed that the current tube is significantly smaller than the original yet costs the same! Both were purchased from the same place too & were the same price! Anyway, I LOVE this colour, it looks so fresh with a subtle pink/lilac hue but with strong gloss factor. It is glamourous enough to wear on it's own with lipliner and compliments smokey eyes. It lasts and lasts and is definitely the best lipgloss out there for me. HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even though I'm neutral and I can wear both warms and cools. This lipglass was too too cool for me. Too much white/lilac in it for my taste. Also it belongs to 'the muddy looking MAC lip stuff' in my book. So I swapped this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very pretty cool pink with hints of purple. I really like this color, but like C-thru, i hate how its "milky" consistency and it tends to settle unevenly on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dancer56

I really love this gloss. I thought it wouldn't look that good because the colour is quite cool but it looks very pretty, probably because of the gold shimmer. I use this pretty sparingly because I find that otherwise my lips look metallic and tacky, but it's very pigmented and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by luvmymakeup

I love MAC lipglass, period, but Oystergirl is my favorite.I have about 8 lipglass, a chrome, and 2 lustreglass, but this one is my favorite. Once you try MAC, you don't want to go back. Love the scent,taste,colors,look, I love it, my HG for sure! I just don't think many other glosses compare.If you haven't tried it, have no fear, I think you'll LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. i got it recently and was thinking of swapping it before i ever even tried it on at home because looking at it in the tube i just feel very "meh" towards it. i have been on a BIG Wildly Lush Plushglass kick (gorgeous!!!) and decided to use Oyster Girl for something new, and wow. i really, really LOVE it! on my lips it looks nothing like it's appearance in the tube. there is no overly tacky gold flashiness, no lilac-pink pukey color. it just makes my lips look so full and pretty and gives me the perfect pale baby pink pout that i am always chasing after. although this isn't your typical "nude" gloss, it definitely does tone down the naturally rosy pigment of my lips and gives them a lighter, fuller look. upon close inspection, you can see gold but no glitter or chunks, just a really pretty shine. not super obvious and NO grittiness whatsoever. lasting power is excellent and it fades evenly. i would really suggest trying this one on at the counter instead of judging it by the tester tube, you might just fall in love like i did!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this gloss! It's a pale baby pink color with golden shimmer, but somehow shows up as a cool color...very pretty. After reading the reviews, I thought it would wash me out, I cannot do cool colors, but I tried it and really liked it! It lasts pretty much all day, and the texture isnt overly sticky, but enough to stay on your lips for quite a while. I would repurchase this gloss.