November 27, 2014 | 1432 users online

Blush - New York Color - Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like this. Fair enough, it's cheap as dirt - I got mine for like 1.99 in Superdrug. But...it just does not deliver. At all. All I get is shimmer shimmer shimmer. It's very fine shimmer, but still shimmer. Too much shimmer for my liking. It deposits little to no colour on my tan NC40 skintone...it's just really unflattering. If I do try to build up the colour, I get shimmer overload with some tacky fake pink colour to my cheeks that doesn't look nice. The packaging is pure crap as well - the lid comes off all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by lexilou712

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So when I first got into makeup I started out with pretty much only N.Y.C, and this blush was in my first kit. I started a few years ago and I still have it, so it must last quite a bit of time. Like many have said the top does slip off fairly easy but I have purchased another color wheel more recently and I can't seem to take that lid off. So I think N.Y.C has made the packaging a little bit more sturdy but you also have to be careful because if the top is too tight and you can't get it off and then drop it, apprently it will shatter. Luckily I haven't dropped mine yet! The price is pretty cheap and the quailty is pretty good. As you have probably heard, the pigmentation of this blush isn't the greatest but that is what I love about it! :) It just gives you a nice sheer coat of light pink, so it doesn't look chalky or fake! Overall this blush seems to hide in my makeup drawer for a while then pop back up again. So I use this on and off depending on my skin tone in the season! Hope this helps! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by gl0wing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush. This is the only blush that I have ever gone back to and purchased over and over again. I used this when I was tan and even now when I'm..pale! The color always looks natural and I love that. It has a hint of shimmer that livens up my face. This is my all-time favorite blush...and the price is great too :) Will re-buy again and again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

I don't like this packaging. The lid is always stuck onto the bottom and I can't get it off. I dropped the package and a bit of it crumbled away. I'm still using it because I think my Tarte stain has gone rancid and I never know exactly what color blush to buy. I don't really like this product, but it is one of those that is in my makeup drawer just in case I want to use it. The color is very light, so I usually apply it with bronzer. I should just stop using it, but I don't want to be wasteful. I could just let it float to the bottom of my makeup drawer....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

loove this stuff. looks natural for my skintone and i can use the individual color parts as a sheer eyeshadow too :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by PoseyOregon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

There were a lot of great reviews for this product so I decided to give it a try, especially because I have been very curious about mosaic products and wanted to try something on the lower end of the price scale to see what all the hubbub was about. Overall, this product isn't bad. My main qualm is that the color payoff isn't great (I don't even have very dark skin!). I feel like I have to keep brushing it on to build up the color to the point where I even look slightly flushed, and all the while my brain keeps screaming, "OH MY GOD, STOP IT! YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!" but it does take a lot of product to show up on my skin. I do naturally blush a very vibrant pink shade so perhaps this pink is a little too light for my skin tone. I'm also not a fan of the consistency of the product - it feels very chalky. The packaging is just a nightmare if you want to travel with this product - the lid isn't attached to the base by any mechanism. Overall, I think I may use this blush during the winter when my skin lightens a little; it may show up better. I wouldn't buy this product again because there are better drugstore blushes with better color payoff for about the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by TeaLover

I used this blush for much of the summer and was very happy with it. The color is great. One day I dropped it and it all broke apart.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by shorty1996

I like this but it broke very easily. i droped it once and half broke i was so sad cuz i love this but i still use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BABYJUICY

This is a very good blush, especially for the price. The whole pan will last you more than a year. It gives a subtle glow to my cheek but please be aware that this will only work for fair/pale skin. The blush product does not come off compared to the other NYC blush and just with one swipe, the brush can give you a beautiful colour. Give this blush a go. It's definetly worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

After reading the reviews here, I thought that I would give a try. It's a pretty additions to my blush collections. Not that I have a lot. :-) It gives me a nice glow since I use very little without giving me that "fake" blush look. I have combo skin so I do have to reapply after 2-3 hours but I don't mind. It gives me a nice break to reapply my lipstick and just go a little "maintenace". :-) Unfortunately, the cover is very loose and not meant to be carried in your purse. So, I taped the lid to the base, just a small part, and added a rubber band. A bit lame but it does the trick. I won't repurchase because of that and will try other "wheel" blushes once this one runs out but from the look of it, that may be for a while...