September 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by memmy83

i have been using level II and switch bc i wanted faster result.... This works in much the same way as level II but there is definately more acid in this so beware. I also use this in conjunction with MaMa lotion and level II cream. I get microderms every two weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Now this is my holy grail cleanser! Contains 20% glycolic acid compound. Some say that having actives in your cleanser is a waste as you don't leave them on your face long enough to be beneficial and you are essentially washing them down the drain. I would agree with this in theory, but strangely, my own results refute it. I stopped using this cleanser when I began using Retin A Micro in Nov '04. I was more interested in acclimating my skin to the RAM and felt the additional glycolic would be overload. So I dropped it out of my routine.
Fast forward to Sept of '05 I was experiencing horrid cystic nodules on my chin area and chalked it up to hormones and pre-menopause. I randomly rediscovered the level 3 under my sink and within 3 days of nightly use the chronic breakouts had resolved themselves!! I also know that glycolics aid in the penetration of retinoids so double bonus!
I apply this cleanser to dry skin and massage it all around(except eye area) and leave it on as long as I can stand it(it becomes itchy/burny after a short time...uncomfortable, but not excessively so.) Usually I can tolerate it perhaps the length of my shower(20mins) sometimes less. My skin feels silky soft and amazingly smooth after washing!
I usually by this from skinstore.com although sometimes you can find a deal on ebay. Approx $29 for 8oz. Well worth it since you use only a quarter size amount per washing and my bottle generally lasts 4-5 months.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No