Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

The powder is wonderful! It covers wonderful, and it doesn't break me out! However, the packaging isn't to great, you get to much powder and the brush that comes with it sucks. So I use a different brush, but the product is wonderful. By far my favorite.

on 2/1/2012 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this loose mineral foundation a try after PurMinerals reformulated my shade and it didn't match me anymore. I was a 'porcelain' in their old formulation, and in Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Loose Powder I use Translucent Light, which, despite their extremely limited shade options, I find matches me perfectly.

My biggest skin issues are mild redness across my cheeks and nose and a general appearance of oiliness. I'm very shiny. This product fixes both of those products quite nicely. I also have slightly sensitive skin; occasionally I've found mineral makeup makes my face itch. But Physician's Formula does not. I've even slept with it on and simply reapplied it the following morning, and, try as I might, I can't seem to irritate my face or cause a breakout.

I forget what this cost, but I believe it was in the area of $12. Much cheaper than BareMinerals or PurMinerals, but more expensive than average drugstore makeup. On the other hand, this product is clearly superior to average drugstore makeup, despite its being sold in the drugstore. After getting used to this product, I would actually choose it over any higher end product. That's how happy I am with it.

It's worth mentioning that I doubt this powder can provide full coverage. Since I'm looking simply to even out my skin tone and texture, I find this works beautifully, but when I have a true blemish, I have to go use some cream concealer. That said, this product sets more nicely than most, and doesn't streak or run, but just blends, simply and evenly, so I believe those with most skin types will find this makeup suitable and beneficial on some level, assuming they have a shade match. My mom, who has dry skin, tried some of this product after putting some argan oil on her face as a moisturizer, and she was happy with the results it gave as well. Since it's talc-free, I think it may, in certain situations, be appropriate for those with dry skin, and not just oily skin, like myself.

I have only one gripe about this product, and while it's not a deal-breaker, it is something that I believe the company ought to address: the packaging. I have to store mine in the box it came in because I can't keep the lid on top of the jar, and when the lid pulls up, it pulls the top of the sifter tray up along with it, and makes a horrible mess. They could solve this problem so easily; just add a hinge to the lid, on the opposite side from which the sifter tray hinges, and nothing would come apart unexpectedly. This is a complain I have about many Physician's Formula products, however; while I love the product, I find the packaging bulky and hard to manipulate. Oh well, I'll keep buying this anyway.

on 1/31/2012 9:10:00 AM

This make up changed my life. I used to have always-red and angry, broken out with acne or roscaed skin. No more. My skin tone is even, I rarely break out and my rosacea is completely gone. I've done nothing different but use this product. I won't ever be without it!

on 1/31/2012 1:34:00 AM

May purchase again, but probably not.

Pros:
Smooth
Feels clean

Cons:
Can't find my color match
Too powdery and messy
Sometimes chalky
Makes me itch

I bought this product maybe 2 or 3 times. I liked it, it's better than the other cheap mineral makeups (so far)

But It could be better! :)
Still I think shelling out the extra cash (if you've got it) bare minerals is the best one (for myself anyhow) as the OB doesn't harm my skin. BM is the best one for my skin!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried so many foundation varieties, high end, DS, mineral, pressed powder, creme, liquid, mousse, etc. and I keep coming back to this mineral powder. Especially for daytime, it provides the perfect balance of coverage and a natural look. The trick for me was to choose a slightly darker shade than normal (Sand Beige for my NW25 skin) - once buffed on, it provides a natural looking glow that diffuses rather than totally covers imperfections. This PF formula has never broken out my often picky skin. Unlike others, I actually really like the packaging - I pick up some of the powder with my E.L.F studio complexion brush then use the domed lid to work the foundation into the brush. Provides a great finish for me without looking cakey.

on 1/25/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have had this product for a year now.
I have been using it with L'Oreal's True Match liquid foundation and they work great together.
I don't use the brush that came with it; I use a large powder brush and it works great.
I did carry this in my purse for a while but found that the powder gets loose and decided I would just keep it at home.
Good product!

on 1/23/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

expenisve but does work although packaging is horrible, I have had very sensitive skin my face has turned red and become soar and itchy from all makeup i have used, then i tried this makeup and it helped with this problem it covered the redness and after a couple days the pain and the redness was gone. this makeup was great refreshing and moisturizing although the packaging and price are horrible i would buy it again because it did wonders for my face.

All I can say is OMG! I can't beleive how long I have been searching high dollar brands and this one looks the most natural w perfect flawless color. I matched it with the tinted moisturizer and green primer for my pink undertones and this works perfectly. I'm so done with the over priced chemical full garbage makeup I have used in the past. Hello physican's formula my first HG make up line :) ohh and btw I just tried the new laura mercier tinted moisturizer flying off the shelves at macys, this one blew it out of the water. Although it's a tinted moisturizer it leaves your face looking perfect. Not to light not too dark and not oily or dry in the least! I have so much make up to throw away thanks to this organic line!

on 1/16/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Have been using this product for 3 years now and still love it. Because I have very pale skin that needs the color "translucent". Because I have super bad dry and flakey skin,creme and liquid foundations are not for me so I decided to try this when I was asked to prom my freshman year. Needless to say,its the best foundation I've ever had. I've never broken out with it or anything.I would reccommend this to anyone.I wish it had more coverage but overall,a product that's very worth it.I love it and have never found any foundation,creme,liquid or powder that beats this.I'm forever a user!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for the past 3 years and I have loved it! I love how natural this looks on my face and it never looks cakey. However, with that said, I wish this evened out my skin tone a little bit more. I still will buy and I really recommend it