July 25, 2014 | 1987 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Minalr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

expenisve but does work although packaging is horrible, I have had very sensitive skin my face has turned red and become soar and itchy from all makeup i have used, then i tried this makeup and it helped with this problem it covered the redness and after a couple days the pain and the redness was gone. this makeup was great refreshing and moisturizing although the packaging and price are horrible i would buy it again because it did wonders for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by wannabehealthy

All I can say is OMG! I can't beleive how long I have been searching high dollar brands and this one looks the most natural w perfect flawless color. I matched it with the tinted moisturizer and green primer for my pink undertones and this works perfectly. I'm so done with the over priced chemical full garbage makeup I have used in the past. Hello physican's formula my first HG make up line :) ohh and btw I just tried the new laura mercier tinted moisturizer flying off the shelves at macys, this one blew it out of the water. Although it's a tinted moisturizer it leaves your face looking perfect. Not to light not too dark and not oily or dry in the least! I have so much make up to throw away thanks to this organic line!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have been using this product for 3 years now and still love it. Because I have very pale skin that needs the color "translucent". Because I have super bad dry and flakey skin,creme and liquid foundations are not for me so I decided to try this when I was asked to prom my freshman year. Needless to say,its the best foundation I've ever had. I've never broken out with it or anything.I would reccommend this to anyone.I wish it had more coverage but overall,a product that's very worth it.I love it and have never found any foundation,creme,liquid or powder that beats this.I'm forever a user!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for the past 3 years and I have loved it! I love how natural this looks on my face and it never looks cakey. However, with that said, I wish this evened out my skin tone a little bit more. I still will buy and I really recommend it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by PureSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Heck, I like this more than Bare Minerals. BM made my face orange! I got the light kit with the concealer and correcting powder and it looks really nice on my skin. I didn't use the crappy brush that comes with it because I'd used my friends to try before I buy and I was like "nu uh, no way am I gonna use that brush" but I loved the way the powder felt and looked on my skin without breaking me out. I got some today and I look awesome. The texture is nice. I'm really sad that some users have such high expectations for some products that they give them a really unfair low rating. It's drug store make up! What do you expect? It's supposed to improve your face, if you are really not that good looking or don't have the face for makeup, don't be so picky!! But overall, I'm loving this and I will be buying again. Sincerely, Abby... and acne/scar/large pored/freckle filled 16 year old with lots of love. Hope I've helped. <3

Edit: I still like this product, however it does look cakey after a short amount of time in the heat or having concealer under it. I also wish it came in a lighter shade because over the past year since I got it, I haven't been out in the sun much and it is far too dark for my super pale complexion. Oh well, still a good product though, just had to take away one lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by CarolieMae

I liked this for a while. It had nice coverage and wasn't as expensive as be. I used to use this on a pretty consistent basis for my daily makeup routine, but it always made my skin feel a little tingly and I broke out a little (I thought this was just me). I hadn't used it for a few months and just threw some on as I was leaving the house and my face became swollen and blotchy. I immediately washed it off and I'm feeling better but my skin is still recovering. Please be careful with any makeup, even one you've worn before. I'm really surprised this happened, as I've never had an allergic reaction to foundation/powder before.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Leajer424

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used loose powders for my acne-prone skin since I was a teenager, except the past 2 yrs. I've used pressed powder b/c of the mess of loose powder. I've always just used powder with nothing else (no foundation, etc) to let my skin breath.
I decided to try this b/c of the good reviews comparing it to expensive mineral powders, the ingredients (minimalist, mostly the same few ingredients that true mineral powder has-no talc, no dimethicone/other silicones, and no Bismuth), b/c true mineral makeup is recommended for acne skin, and b/c of the low price and availability (drug stores).
It covers remarkably for a loose powder/powder (and I use Translucent Medium)--but don't expect it to cover as well as traditional foundation. The color is perfect for me (I can be picky too), and it doesn't oxidize/turn orange. This powder runs light in general, b/c I'm definitely fairer than what would be considered Medium.
I've seen complaints about the container...I'm not sure why. In my loose powder experience, this container design is ideal. It's not messy as long as you open it slowly, and it doesn't allow the powder to dump into/overfill the top.
The brush is pretty annoying in that the hairs come out, but I like that it is small and compact.
I've been using this for about 3 weeks- no signs of it breaking me out or clogging my pores.
Lastly, I have oily skin, and this isn't just perfect for oil control- I do have to blot here and there, but no more than I've had to with other powders (even oil-control powders). I don't have to reapply b/c it has good staying power.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The correct current ingredients are:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Active: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.2%. Inactive: Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lillybunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister was in need of new foundation, so I helped her pick out some and we got the physician's formula foundation. In the package, it is a nice color but when I tried using it my skin turned orange! When building on the color you have to be careful or you will end up with orange skin, especially if you have oily "T-zone" skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Translucent Medium. For a setting powder for my foundation. It is very light for being a medium. Its an alright finishing powder, isn't amazing, but it isn't horrible. It does seem to lighten my foundation, but it does give it this sheen look. Almost pearlized finish , which makes it seem a lot less cakey in comparison to some other powders. This does allow my makeup to crease. If the shade was truer to a medium and it didn't let my makeup crease I would have been perfect, but alas its not. (My Ben Nye translucent powder prevents all creasing and works a lot better then this one. It does however make me look a little powdery which mineral wear doesn't do. However, since it changes the shade a bit and causes it to crease, its a no go.)(I am not that dark myself. Natural Beige in Loreal.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I'm sad that this didn't work out for me, as I've read so many reviews on MUA where people with my type of skin love it!! My skin is combination, acne-prone, and highly sensitive. Hence I did my research and found that this mineral powder was good for sensitive skin like mine. I've used zinc oxide sunscreens before with success, so I was sure that I would love this powder. In fact, I did in the begining. However, I've been using this for three days and my face has already lost its luminous smooth surface! I had a strict regimen where I alternate BHA, Retin-A, AHA at night with usage of sun protection and antioxidants during daytime, and this powder with Weleda's Rose body oil are the only new additions to my facial routine. However I've stopped using the oil lately because as the days go by, I'm noticing more and more blackheads, clogged pores, whiteheads and a even few cystic acne popping out. Since the oil contained almond oil and jojoba oil (with which my skin hasn't agreed completely), I stopped using the oil thinking that it might be too greasy for my skin. However the congestion and pimples continued to aggravate and I got scared. So here I am, looking this powder up again. As I expected, a lot of reviewers have said that this made them break out, having congested pores, and that's exactly what's happening to me! I am certain that it is this powder, because my HG vichy dermablend fluid has never done this to me. I only use a light layer of it, as a powder SPF and a mattifying agent. Alas, my skin cannot take this anymore. I will return this to the store ASAP and never even consider it again. Also, the ingredients have changed since they changed the packaging and the fact that now there is more boron nitride in this product might be the reason why I am reacting so badly to it. HTH as I am not trying to bash a product that everyone else loves. I just really want to let you know that even if it is labeled for sensitive skin and being non-comedogenic, you still have to be very careful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No