August 28, 2014 | 1126 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Chubz

my HOLY GRAIL mineral make-up. really. i LOVE this product so much! i highly recommend this mineral make-up for people who have bad skin like me, because it doesn't give me break-outs (i have combination/oily skin/& i get break-outs easily). an urban decay make-up artist suggested me to let her apply it on my face, and i did. it looked great. walked around the mall for about 2 hours, kept it on until the evening and my skin STILL looked great. and she only buffed on just a little bit, which took her about one minute and 10 seconds to blend it all in. even one of my guy friends that hates too much make-up on girls said that my skin looked extra clear that day. wow. so i went back to the urban decay counter the next day and bought it! been very very satisfied with it ever since... and it's only $30... which is freakin DIRT CHEAP for a GOOD mineral make-up. waay better than bare escentuals foundation!!!!

and i forgot... i also have acne scarring also, and this stuff covers it up as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by anoon

Oh wow is this stuff AMAZING!! They just recently opened up a spot in our local Macys and decided to browse it. I needed a new foundation. I was using MUFE Duo pressed powder, I loved it. But it was always a process every morning. A buff of foundation, concealer to cover the imperfections. And foundation again, and it always ended up cakey.
But this product is crazy amazing!! The minute the saleswoman buffed on just SHEER coverage. It gave me a flawless finish, covered any imperfection on my face. There was no need to build the coverage, well only if necessary to my needs. But what I loved is that I didn't need to apply any extra concealer.
This foundation is most def a keeper!! The only thing I dislike is the packaging, I don't use the sponge applicator that is comes with so I emptied the foundation into a extra shifted jar to make it easier for my kabuki brush. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using liquid foundation for years, but I've gotten tired of having to blend the liquid and use powder to set. I love this foundation! I use Too Faced's Retractable Kabuki brush and buff. I'm set in a minute. I'm NC 40/ Armani LSF in 4.5, and UD's Vision is a perfect match for me. Hasn't caused any breakouts and gives great coverage that still looks natural. I haven't noticed any shimmery finish either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by vianners

When I first tried UD's Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup in Nirvana, I was totally in love with it. It had great coverage without feeling or looking too cakey, and had a nice, natural looking matte finish. It's a few more bucks than BE, but I thought it was worth it since I felt like the quality was so much better. All was good until I found out that it contains parabens! Oh heck no techno. Love the product itself, but my skin's already bad enough as it is. It's going to be hard to resist, but I will not be repurchasing =[

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like mineral foundation but ugh I don't use it because of the mess. So this was perfect! I don't know why people are complaining about the puff. If you're worried about it being dirty then you should wash your face before putting on make up like a normal person.
This stuff has great coverage and is easy to put on and carry around for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally pass up on anything UD because it just seems targeted to the young--lots of glitter and lots of HYPE. But this powder is so underrated! It would have slipped me by had an SA not stopped me and suggest I give it a try. I was in the store to purchase a powder to set my foundation and originally had decided (against the popular opinion here on MUA)on the Smashbox Halo perfecting powder @ $ 59 USD-which is a extremely huge investment, and because of this I just couldn't commit. So I therefore, I still had an open mind --but I digress. The SA pulled me over and applied this in Trance and Voila, perfection. My skin looked amazingly polished and perfect!! I imagine wearing this alone on those "just running errands and picking up the kids" day would be enough coverage to look good but not over done. I've had it on today for about 12 hours and MU is still in place, looks flawless, and has not irritated my skin nor changed color. SOOOO happy with this purchase. Since it was half the price of the Smashbox Halo, I was able to buy a nice little brush to apply it with --since I hate that mushroom puff top--UGH!! The only CON that I did find was that it did have parabens in it, but hey I've used much worse on my skin! Until I find something better, I will buy this over and over!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by roxybritain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really love this foundation. I have it in Hallucination, and it's my perfect shade. It works perfectly to give me coverage.

I also have an EDM mineral foundation that I love, but when I thought about it, I really couldn't do without my UD MM. It really does go on more matte than the other one, and depending on what I feel like, sometimes that's what I want more.

I do agree about the ripping off the powder puff part and just tapping it into the lid or something slightly bigger for application with a brush. I think I might actually just buy a sifting jar to use it with.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by jeangr

Being an nc20 i purchased this in nirvana as the SA suggested. It's beautiful! only drawback is that it oxidized into an orangey color on my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Modernlovex3

I use this as a light setting powder for my liquid foundation and it's amazing! it helps keep my skin non-oily, and it lasts forever! the cons tho are the brush thing it comes with is terrible, and the packaging could be a bit better, because i've made some messes with the screw top. whats up with UD's sucky packaging on good products? oh well, it's amazing quality so i will suck it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cherriesnstuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used BE mineral makeup for years, before I decided I should try this. I love it. And it's so much easier than the two step process of BE. I just shake it up and buff it on, and I'm flawless in under a minute! I only wish it came in a slightly lighter shade..I'm very pale and have to blend really well along the neck and jaw line to not get that weird "my neck is a different color' look.

The price is great for the amount, and when the puff falls apart(which it will) it's very easy to rip off and then I just use it with a kabuki brush.

I <3 it's the best.

No breaks outs..even when I fall asleep with it on!