November 22, 2014 | 1681 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by exemplaryradiation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the best mask I own. It is inexpensive and works really well with ACV. I wouldn't recommend using it with water, it gets clumpy and weird.

After using this, my skin feels so good and all my acne is severely diminished. It feels really great when its on, and it kind of pulses. If you keep it wet, it's easier to remove and I don't notice a difference in the results.

Your face will be pink for a while after, but if you leave this mask on for more than 20 minutes, your face with be as red as a fire hydrant for several hours. Also if you leave it on too long it gets really hard to take off and painful to get off - especially if it managed to get in your eyebrows.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all I LOVE THIS STUFF! I mix it with the Bragg's apple cider vinegar and half a capsule of charcoal from the health food store. It is a very powerful mask. Very powerful. I don't have acne but I like to make sure my pores are clean and I slough off dead skin from my face. I do this mask twice a week and follow up with coconut oil. My skin looks great and I am In love with this mask. My husband loves it too!

Just a note: I have very strong skin. I would not recommend for those who are really sensitive. It may burn you too much and it is hard to get off.

Happy makeuping guys and girls!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by gundieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using blue clay masks since I remember myself. It has always left nice and clean feeling. But nothing major. I came across this one here and as I recently got diagnosed with acne decided to try. It had so many good reviews on MUA it just had to be done. I ordered on Amazon. So price is amazing because it will last for long time. The only thing is package could have had some film as once you open it can get messy. I mixed it with apple vinegar as I am big fan and been using that for my hair. Even my skin is very sensitive I was prepared for redness. So I did it before bed so my skin has time to calm. I mixed it in old body shop tin. 1:1 clay:AV I did one for my husband and I added a bit more AV than clay and it was smoother, more like a mouse, which is easier to apply. I suggest easiest way is to do it before shower so you can rinse face off in shower and if you got any in your hair it's easy to wash it put. As I'm trying to go more natural so after I applied rosehip oil by Trilogy and few spritzes of Love Your Skin frankincense floral hydrating spritz & aloe Vera gel for more hydration ( I keep both these in fridge) Skin felt so smooth and lovely. Following morning I woke up with few pimples. But I was prepared and treated them with tea tree oil. Overall I think it is good but not a miracle worker. I will keep using it and would suggest to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

My secret weapon against acne! I use this with Bragg's ACV and leave it on til it dries. Can feel your face pulsing. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Ichax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this mask because my skin after wearing it to be clean and blackheads on my nose out. But my skin is always red and grow new pimples after wear

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Vmh0925

Im going to make this review as concise as possible. Let me give you some background on my skin. My skin is acne prone. I have visible pores on my cheeks and nose, so of course i have an oily t-zone and my pores clog easily. My chin area tends to be very dry. The other areas of my face is normal. So overall i have combination skin.

I purchased this product at my local Whole Foods Market for $8.56 total. It comes in a one pound tub. Ive used it for almost 2 months (about 12 facials) and ive only used about 1/8 of the tub. I use it once a week by mixing 1 1/2 teaspoon with equal parts Braggs Organic ACV in a bowl until it forms a thick, creamy consistency (like yogurt). After its prepared i spread it on my cleansed and towel dried face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin the instructions suggest 5-10 minutes only.

The very first time i used it i experienced a tingling and pulsating sensation. It was very intense and itchy. After youve used it 2 or 3 times, it doesnt feel that way on your skin. It only gets itchy for me now after it becomes really dry and flaky (after about 25 mins). But its not that bad. It dries very hard and it adheres to your skin tightly. You want to make sure your face is very moist with water before you try to rub it off.

I rinse it off with luke warm water using only my hands, until all of it is gone. Using your hands. will leave a thin film on your face but it comes off once you cleanse your face. When i first used it, i noticed a lot of white heads sitting on the surface of my skin. I was grossed out and amazed at the same time. It really does its job of deep cleansing and removing impurities. I waited a few minutes and then i mixed sime baking soda with my normal cleanser and lightly scrubbed the whiteheads out of my face. Note, your skin will be very dry! So make sure you moisturize with a thick moisturizer. If you have open pores like me, and youre afraid that a thick/creamy moisturizer will break you out, you would want to tone and close your pores with Rose Water or Witch Hazel before moisturizing.

The first week that i started using this mask, I used it on alternating days. Then i noticed it was drying my skin out bad and i switched to using it once a week. Be advised, this mask will seem to make your acne worse. In my opinion its a part of the deep cleaning process. It brings all the dirt to the surface. So have patience, its doing its job!

I love this mask so much because its cheap, long lasting and natural. Plus it actually does what it promises. Ive used it for two months and i dont break out as much and my skin isnt as oily as it used to be. I recommend it to all my family and friends and i will buy it over and over. Nothing else that Ive tried compares!

20 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lovie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just try this product and it was good so far first day I will wait a week and comment again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been meaning to try this for awhile because of the rave reviews and my love for face masks but I just never got around to it. But well I went to the health food store and saw they had a tub left for 6 dollars and so I thought why not. Went home and mixed it with some cider vinegar which smelled pretty bad but while I was sitting in front of the tv with this stink on my face I started to feel the pulsating everyone's talking about. After about 10 minutes it even felt like tiny random spots on my face were just being sucked out. I took it off at this point because I didn't want any over drying and my skin was a little red and dry so I put moisturizer on and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and my skins looks amazing! This is my new favorite face mask and I would definitely recommend it, unless you have extremely sensitive skin. My skin's fairly sensitive and I lived but I feel like someone with overly dry skin would only get worse from this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I would never have found this stuff without reading about it on reviews on this site. Then, I looked at Acne.org (where it was reviewed highly) and Amazon (also reviewed highly)---there's a lot of consistency. Plus, I found it on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. For the tub you get, this will last you forever.

It does, after about 10 minutes for me, feel like its "pulsating." It also is extremely tightening---to the point that it is a little bit uncomfortable. The directions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I do and do not find to be irritating (though a bit smelly). Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is best with the "mother" still in it as many reviews mention. I notice some reviews say it works with water as well but I have not tried that. I imagine it may be a bit more challenging to mix, as with the apple cider vinegar---it fizzes and makes it easier. Also, the directions say to keep this away from metals (with mixing or storage). I put it in a little plastic bowl and store with a wooden stick.

I was a bit concerned that it would be too drying based on some of the reviews. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I do sometimes get a bit of dry skin afterwards, but if you follow this up with jojoba oil (see the reviews for that with acne prone skin), you can get great results if you are prone to dry skin. It does lead my skin red as it warns that it might---due to increased circulation---so this is definitely best as a before bed kind of thing. The redness lasts a few hours for me.

This pulls everything to the surface---it's like having ultra powerful biore pore cleansing strips all over your face. Highly recommend.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by savannahxoh

I know many have trouble finding the right way to mix this mask. Here is what makes it super easy and creamy for me. Take any small bowl and a plastic spoon, put one spoon of the clay, then one spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, stir it up, THEN add about a half spoon of more ACV, and stir. It will sizzle and make a foamy, creamy mixture that is perfect, and easy to apply with the rounded back of a spoon on a clean and washed face. Leave it on, it WILL pulsate and tighten your face to extremes. I personally love the feeling because I can feel that it is working. This pulsating feeling is result of the blood rushing to your face, which is GOOD. Many people give credit to exercise for clearing their acne, when exercise brings the blood to your face. This mask does work for acne. Please disregard the redness after washing the mask off with warm water. So cheap, too!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No