July 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

This is a gorgeous golden bronze that looks natural on me. I use it as a shadow and as a lower lash-liner and then I would a use a black on the upper lash line. It gives my lower lashes natural definition without looking harsh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a little too light for me to wear on my lower lash line (I like more definition there) but I've still given this 5 lippies because I can use Teddy smudged on my lower lash line for more definition and I adore Powersurge on my upper lash line and inner edge of inner corners. It's an absolutely beautiful shimmery mid honeyed gold, it's very smooth and pigmented as with all the MAC Kohls, and it makes my teal eyes pop. Gilded White Powerpoint is a great eyeliner to wear with Powersurge as they both have a gold tone and GW highlights well, especially when wearing an eye shadow like Tempting. Will buy again because it's gorgeous and very effective when worn with other things.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Pehata

This product is awesome as an eyeshadow. In fat, I bought it for that very reason. For the longest time I've been trying to find an eyeshadow that is a dark-gold type of colour. All I could find at make-up counters was a yellow-gold. POwersurge is exactly the colour I was looking for. I use it with black liner and mascara and my hazel green eyes literally pop out of their sockets. It seems to really bring out the golden specks in my eyes. I can literally change my eyecolour with this pencil, from a blah gray-green to a beautifull dark golden olive shade - I LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this thinking the beautiful bronze color would really warm up my honey-brown eyes. Although I do love it, it hardly shows up the color it is in the liner itself. It is barely visible on my lids and barely lasts a couple of hours. However, it does brighten my eyes and brings out the golden flecks in my eyes, which is why I wanted it in the first place. I just wish it would show up more and be more dramatic. I use it all over my lids as a shadow as well and it looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by fruitpop

lovely lovely light antique gold. The only eyeliner I ever use more is rosemary & thyme, and this runs a close second. Just looks terrific with my dark brown eyes and asian skin :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely one of my all time favorite eye kohls! Like most of the lighter kohls, I like to wear this just above a black liner for a little pop of colour. I'm a sucker for golden bronzes and this one is gorgeous. I imagine this one would work nicely with pretty much any colour eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by falldream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Powersurge is a medium brown liner with hints of gold. It has a good bit of shimmer to it as well which adds a little something different and interesting to the eye, a brightening effect almost. It is great worn on its own or with neutral shades (shroom works well).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2004 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I tracked this down because it was recommended to work wonders with hazel eyes. Eh. The main problem I have with this is that I don't go in for brown eyemakeup, and this does absolutely nothing to draw out the green in my eyes. I use it as an accent when I am wearing earth tones (which is rare), so it sits unused most of the time. I can see this being lovely on girls with darker complexions (I'm a PPP). Will buy a different color next time, since the consistency and staying power is great as always!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by star811

I tend to go for darker eyeliners, so I was surprised by Powersurge. It's a brownish gold color that's a refreshing change from my usual black or plum liner. The only problem I have is finding e/s colors to match it. I usually wear it on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2003 12:05:00 PM More reviews by cincykay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A rich brown-gold eyeliner with a hint of shimmer, this was the perfect product to change up my eye makeup look. It opens up your eyes and be used either as an eyeliner or an eyeshadow---in fact, it blended so well and was so soft-looking I felt like I got the benefits of lining my eyes with eyeshadow with the ease of an eyeliner.