MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl

4.6

on 2/4/2005 9:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous pencil - the color is a metallic bronze-olive that pairs incredibly with Woodwinked, Greensmoke, Sumptuous Olive, Honesty... the list goes on! Whenever I wear this on my eyes people tell me that my eyes look "bright." This pencil lasts all day without smudging.

on 12/26/2004 1:53:00 PM

Gah, this is amazing. I hate gold with a passion, but weirdly on this cool toned ppp, powersurge is a funky olive bronze colour. It is amazing as a liner and even better smudged all over my lids for a sparkly daytime smokey look. It makes my eyes smolder and brings out the tiny bit of green tone in their brown. Yay!

on 11/19/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous golden bronze that looks natural on me. I use it as a shadow and as a lower lash-liner and then I would a use a black on the upper lash line. It gives my lower lashes natural definition without looking harsh.

on 8/29/2004 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a little too light for me to wear on my lower lash line (I like more definition there) but I've still given this 5 lippies because I can use Teddy smudged on my lower lash line for more definition and I adore Powersurge on my upper lash line and inner edge of inner corners. It's an absolutely beautiful shimmery mid honeyed gold, it's very smooth and pigmented as with all the MAC Kohls, and it makes my teal eyes pop. Gilded White Powerpoint is a great eyeliner to wear with Powersurge as they both have a gold tone and GW highlights well, especially when wearing an eye shadow like Tempting. Will buy again because it's gorgeous and very effective when worn with other things.

on 8/27/2004 5:53:00 PM

This product is awesome as an eyeshadow. In fat, I bought it for that very reason. For the longest time I've been trying to find an eyeshadow that is a dark-gold type of colour. All I could find at make-up counters was a yellow-gold. POwersurge is exactly the colour I was looking for. I use it with black liner and mascara and my hazel green eyes literally pop out of their sockets. It seems to really bring out the golden specks in my eyes. I can literally change my eyecolour with this pencil, from a blah gray-green to a beautifull dark golden olive shade - I LOVE IT

on 5/2/2004 11:33:00 PM

I bought this thinking the beautiful bronze color would really warm up my honey-brown eyes. Although I do love it, it hardly shows up the color it is in the liner itself. It is barely visible on my lids and barely lasts a couple of hours. However, it does brighten my eyes and brings out the golden flecks in my eyes, which is why I wanted it in the first place. I just wish it would show up more and be more dramatic. I use it all over my lids as a shadow as well and it looks beautiful.

on 3/4/2004 11:09:00 AM

lovely lovely light antique gold. The only eyeliner I ever use more is rosemary & thyme, and this runs a close second. Just looks terrific with my dark brown eyes and asian skin :p

on 2/2/2004 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely one of my all time favorite eye kohls! Like most of the lighter kohls, I like to wear this just above a black liner for a little pop of colour. I'm a sucker for golden bronzes and this one is gorgeous. I imagine this one would work nicely with pretty much any colour eyes.

on 1/28/2004 4:50:00 PM

Powersurge is a medium brown liner with hints of gold. It has a good bit of shimmer to it as well which adds a little something different and interesting to the eye, a brightening effect almost. It is great worn on its own or with neutral shades (shroom works well).

on 1/26/2004 6:03:00 PM

Well, I tracked this down because it was recommended to work wonders with hazel eyes. Eh. The main problem I have with this is that I don't go in for brown eyemakeup, and this does absolutely nothing to draw out the green in my eyes. I use it as an accent when I am wearing earth tones (which is rare), so it sits unused most of the time. I can see this being lovely on girls with darker complexions (I'm a PPP). Will buy a different color next time, since the consistency and staying power is great as always!

Top Rated MAC Products