September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

As a makeup artist, I have at least smeared 95% of the foundations on the market on the back of my hand. Many I have tried on my skin, or on a client's skin. I was given several sample packets of this formula by the cosmetic sales associate at Walgreen's and was skeptical. I have not had good luck with drugstore foundations (except for Milani Cream to Powder and Even-Tone Powder foundations), but by no means do I think that department store products are the only way to go...

I have had some sort of allergic reaction to product in the past few weeks, and know that I had a horrible breakout cycle from using the new Mercier Silk Creme foundation. What seems to happen to me when I use full coverage foundation is that I start breaking out on my chin and forehead, get really oily in the t-zone, but super dry on and around my eyes. So I have been looking at my 35 year-old skin with concern the last couple of weeks.

I tried this foundation, concentrating it under my eyes and wherever I needed a little extra softening coverage. It actually smoothed out the skin underneath my eyes nicely, as they have been so dry and crepey looking (I even had botox last week, so that shouldn't be a problem as it gives me a brow lift...).

My skin is clearing, and this foundation has done a nice job of evening my skin tone in the process. I had samples in Buff Beige, but that's the shade I would use if I had a tan. Now I am an Ivory. It looks really clean, and I don't understand anyone finding this product too thick or heavy. It's actually very sheer. I may try this in the compact formula, but am happy with this version so far! Will repost if my opinion changes in any way!

My edit: The color was off... The shades light enough for my skin were just way too pink. Passing it on to my mother - should work for her! Would still recommend it for other women whose skin falls into the shade range better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because the Advanced Radiance cream formula is an HG of mine; also, because the price was right. With coupons, it came to about $5. I'm fair with yellow undertones and found a nice match in the lightest shade--Ivory, 105. I disagree with whoever said it was bright pink. It definitely has a
yellow cast to it.

The trick with this base is to first smooth on a primer and moisturizer, then apply the foundation only where you need it. By using it strategically, you avoid a masklike look and don't need a perfect color match. I use this around my T-zone and nostrils, and it appears to reduce the size of my pores. I also pat it onto areas where I have lines and shadows, and it works as a wrinkle-fill and concealer. I'm not crazy about the smell but it dissipates in maybe 5-10 minutes and then I don't notice it. Nice hygenic container, but getting out the last few pumps is going to be a pain.

All in all, I'm as happy with this as I would be with any high-end base. It really is made for women with mature skin and it must be applied with a light hand to get really good results. I much prefer it to Maybelline's Age Rewind and Dream Matte Mousse and Loreal's Infallible.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2006 9:49:00 AM More reviews by CrankyP

I've seen this advertized and thought i'll give it a try. Right now i'm having issues with a very oily face. So since I was in need of another foundation and powder i thought sure. I must say that colors in store are OFF bit time. I would have normally picked the classic beige(i think it is)but it looked so dark i opted for the classic ivory (110) and 'm happy. I am able to darken up a little with powder or bronzer and i dont look too made up. Its light and doesnt feel like you are wearing a ton of makeup.
I've been wearing it a for about a week and so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by shelleypend

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping that this foundation would work out for me. The packaging is good (pump bottle), the price was decent (although drugstore prices are getting higher) and the age defying properties seemed good. I picked the lightest shade (Ivory 105), I'm not sure why CoverGirl does not expand their shades or tweek them a bit. With a bit of blending this worked, I just wished it was lighter, more for a PPP. This gives a fair amount of coverage and feels like a mousse foundation when applying, it is a little thicker than some foundations. It did seem to accentuate my flaky areas...so it could have been more moisturizing. I believe that this has an added fragrance, which was not too appealing...luckily, it did not last long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in buff beige - slightly lighter in shade in this line than their other foundations - I'm C25 also. This went on like a dream, what a wonderful light mousse that applies easily - loved the pump! this gave me light to medium coverage - found i needed concealor in a few places - dried to a soft believable matte finish. Wore most of the day, though this doesn't claim to be a long wearing foundation. I wish CG would re-check their colors and make a few more in the yellow range, rather than rose. This is a somewhat moisturizing foundation though it didn't feel greasy or slick. I would buy this again. This reminds me a bit of Estee's new foundation - Individualist, though of course, not nearly in the wide range of colors that Estee has.
A drugstore find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I do say that the drugstore items I've tried lately really impress and this new foundation from CG is a winner in my book. I got this on sale at the grocerystore for a little over $6.00. Normally retails for around $10.00. I've tried pricier foundations that don't stack up to this one. First of all, I like the pump container, and though it is an airpump, it has worked really well so far. Sanitary and no waste. The color selection is okay, I find if I stick with classic ivory or buff beige (more yellow colors) I'm okay. I find I need the buff beige, since IMO it runs lighter than other CG formulas. I first bought the classic ivory which was too pastey, and the buff beige worked better. I thought the Creamy Natural would be too pink, from past experience. (I'm NC 25, Stila C/D for ref). The texture reminds me of mousse, but it is very pigmented, and you will only need no more than a pump to cover your face. The coverage builds nicely, too. Once it sets, it is not too matte, and not too dewey. It feels like I am wearing nothing on my skin So far, no oxidation problems or breakouts/clogged pores, and it seems to last most if not all of the day. If you are on the dry side I would wear a bit of moisturizer. I still love my Chanel Vitalumiere liquid, but for a fifth of the price, this stuff is great. I took a lippie off because it's hit or miss with the color (no sample sizes to buy or testers) and if you are picky with color, you may have to repurchase to get a better color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I really wanted to love this...pretty good ingredients, wide range of colors, packaging is good (sanitary pump that you can control and not pump too much) and its only $10. Although I'm not a hater, I probably won't buy this again. The texture is like a liquid mineral foundation...pretty thick initially, but a little goes a long way. It's also pretty pigmented. When I apply small amounts with a foundation brush, it smooths out really well and I only need 1/2 pump to cover my entire face and neck. Even using tiny amounts, the coverage is medium to heavy, which I try to stay away from (TM's mostly). However, in the evening or when I want a more polished look, this would be great. Didn't sink in or accentuate my large pores, which is really pretty amazing. Stays put all day without sliding or rubbing off. It did make my mostly oiy skin pretty greasy by the mid afternoon, which surprised me since it has a pretty high amount of talc so I thought that wouldn't happen, but definitely have to blot big time. Has SPF 10, which just isn't enough for me. I got the color buff beige and it's about 1/2 a shade too light for my MMM, Neutrogena TM Neutral to Tan skin. Overall this isn't a bad ds foundation...I've had a lot worse for higher $$

INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Talc, Niacinamide, Tridecyl Isononanoate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax Candelilla, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Acetate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ZoeMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the liquid (pump bottle) not the compact. I haven't tried that one, and won't. This is without a doubt the worst foundation I've ever tried. I'm 38 with very pale, clear, pink-toned skin. The lightest shade -- Ivory -- is god-awful pink. When I opened the package, pumped some out and saw the color I debated about whether I was even going to put it on my face. I forged ahead, hoping it would look better on. Nope. Pink. Dark pink. Then there's the texture. Mousse-like, but heavy. Very heavy. It felt like spackle. And don't even get me started on the smell. Trapped in an elevator with an old lady smelling of cedar closets, dead roses, mothballs and incontinent cats. That smell. And I'm not normally bothered by the smell of products. Even if everything else about this foundation were pefect (and it is not -- not by a long shot) the smell would have make it a candidate for the trash can. Back to my Paul and Joe I go!