August 21, 2014 | 1948 users online

Blush - NARS - Madly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap. I literally had to swipe the brsuh about 6 times to finally have ANY color show on me. I am an nc40 for reference. It looked really muddy and dirty. Best suited for lighter skin tones. May work for a contour color but I was over it pretty quickly. Not very good staying power either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this blush seems so unflattering in the pan, a seemingly light brown, but on the cheeks it looks great. if you compare it to other colors, you will see that the color is actually a browned light pink. i love the combination of browned pinks for blushes. this color brings life to my face. i love it. pigmented as always and lasts long. nars makes the best blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own way too many blushes, but nothing like this. I loove it. It looks so natural on my medium-dark olive skin, like a barely-there pinky tan blush with subtle sheen. It's quite neutral, imo. I'm quite cool-toned so peachy blushes typically look terrible on me, but this one, although it has some peach tones, is perfect. It's divine to wear during the day when I don't want to look too made up.

Because I'm NC42-44 though, I have to build up the colour a bit. Using my MAC 116 helps though because the bristles are a bit stiffer and deposit more colour. But it's hard to go wrong with this blush, even with 'too much' it's not that bad and would look great for a day to night transition!

EDIT: While I still love this blush, I'm bringing it down to 4 stars because, personally, for me I prefer cooler-toned blushes. I noticed this sort of oxidised and got a bit warmer on my skin throughout the day. It's still lovely and looks amazing on a lot of my friends, I just prefer other blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Farzii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a NC40 and this really gives a nice natural bronzy/ coral colour on my skin. You can also build this up. I find that the more I build it up the more peachier it would look and I usually don't want that. It does have some shimmer but its not to the point where all you can see on your cheeks is glitter instead on the colour. I'v got friends saying that it gives a nice glow to my face so thats a plus :) All in all I really like this product and would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely, glowy peachy/bronzey shade. I use this shade mostly when I am pale/r (Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi or for MAC users equivalent of NC 15-20).
Looks wonderful on my skin and provides a fresh and glowy finish. I would recommend this to ladies who are somewhat too pale to wear a bronzer (which might look too harsh and muddy), should try Madly instead!
I definitely recommend and would rebuy!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by flonkerton

S'okay. The color's just okay for me. Definitely not a must have color. A natural looking color, especially when you're going for a bronzy natural look, but I would rather just use a bronzer. Slightest shimmer but so fine that you can barely detect it when applied. I typically use it on the sides of my cheekbones and then apply a pink blush on the apples of my cheeks.

But I gotta say, Nars blushes have excellent pigmentation and respectable staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This color is amazing. It doesn't look so wonderful in the pan and it certainly doesn't fit the color description as seashell pink. Not in my opinion. This is a must for a neutral blush. It looks like a tan beige pink with a slight shimmer if that makes sense. On my skin it's more beige than pink. I like using it when I have a darker eye look. This is very pigmented and can look somewhat brownish if applied too dark and on me it can look orange too yuck. I will definately purchase this again.
Update: Can't stand this blush anymore, I usually have to reapply a few times since it's so light then I end up looking dirty. Not what I want out of a blush. I'll pry swap mine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by lisianthus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is an absolute must have for me. Don't be fooled by the way it looks in the pan. I purchased this from Sephora and the store lighting made it look really muddy. I swatched it on my arm and ran outside to have a better look at the colour. I find this blush gives me a natural, polished look with just the right hint of soft pink. Perfect for an everyday, understated look. I can't imagine being without this and will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by suesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a nuetral blush for my purple, green, gold eyeshadow etc.
I didnt want a blush with any undertone unless it was a natural color. For me this blush isnt best for its color alone its best working with colorful or heavy eyes and i think it does the job well!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by silversweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous! Natural, just enough shimmer, great pigmentation. A must have.