Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 11/7/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara! This product makes my lashes longer and thicker than any other mascara I have ever used. First I use an eyelash curler then apply 1-2 coats. A bit pricey at $14 retail, but worth every penny!

on 10/28/2009 2:01:00 PM

I think this product seems to be a hit and miss on the person....I really love this product. I was given one originally as a gift, and when I ran out, I tried L'Oreal, based upon MUA reviews. It was so clumpy and a mess to work with. I have now resulted to go back to MK Ultimate Mascara - I even like it more than the lash lengthening.

This mascara is the worst, I'd do better going back to using Loreal mascara. This mascara is so clumpy, wet, and gooey content. It is so hard to remove with make up remover and makes my lashes fall off. It does make my lashes look real nice since I already do have nice long lashes but this product is making my lashes fall because the product is so hard to remove. I am thinking about trying another mascara soon!!!! I don't suggest anyone this ugly product at all, I am real irritated and dissapointed by it! By the way, it is not worth $15 at all!

on 9/2/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was clumpy and flaky on me, and just didn't have enough staying power for the hot and humid climate I live in. Plus, I wear contacts, so when my mascara flakes off and falls into my eyes, it's horribly irritating and makes my eyes water very badly.

on 8/30/2009 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

MK's Ultimate Mascara is decent, not long wearing, but a nice, buildable mascara that doesn't clump and has a thick old school brush. If you can receive at a discount ($5-ish) from a Mary Kay rep or online, I definitely recommend it.

on 7/23/2009 9:52:00 PM

I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant, and I use this mascara. Ever since I started using this mascara I have been complimented several times stating that I am wearing false lashes. I have pretty long eyelashes and any mascara usually works for me. However, ever since I've tried the Ultimate Mascara the compliments with my eyelashes were even bigger!

P.S. I am not just saying this because I work for Mary Kay, I really mean it!!! HONEST!

on 7/19/2009 9:16:00 PM

I was a Lancome mascara junkie for years and hated the price! I LOVE this mascara from Mary kay. It truly is the ultimate in mascara. One coat is all I need to make my lashes super long and think without clumping. I have a 5 month-old baby so I don't have a lot of time to mess with make-up. This helps keep my a.m. routine short and successful! I am an "ultimate" lifer now. Oh, and the price is awesome too!

on 7/8/2009 2:34:00 AM

I usually go for mascaras with big wands --the bigger the better! But I was surprised with this one. The small, oval brush helped me get the little lashes on the sides and the formula was absolutely smooth and flawless. It did not smudge or flake throughout the day.

I was not impressed with this product. It didn't last long (in the tube), was cakey, and flakey. Big disappointment - prefer my Maybelline - hands down.

The first thing I noticed about this mascara is that it clumps...A lot. It didn't coat my lashes very evenly and ended up flaking everywhere. I do like the brown-black color but all the hassle wasn't worth this one plus. Also made my eyes burn and itch the whole time I wore it. I think that there are defiantely better mascaras out there and for a better price as well.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products