August 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I was not impressed with this product. It didn't last long (in the tube), was cakey, and flakey. Big disappointment - prefer my Maybelline - hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

The first thing I noticed about this mascara is that it clumps...A lot. It didn't coat my lashes very evenly and ended up flaking everywhere. I do like the brown-black color but all the hassle wasn't worth this one plus. Also made my eyes burn and itch the whole time I wore it. I think that there are defiantely better mascaras out there and for a better price as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

I tried this mascara several times because my mom bought it. I have very thin and straight eyelashes. I found the formula to be very sticky and goopy (yuck!). It gives neither volume nor lenght and like it wasn't enough it totally weights down and straightens my previously curled eyelashes. This is like a color for the eyelashes but does nothing for them.
It's below an average mascara, I would say. I wouldn't buy this product for me but it's also not the worst one I've tried. I would use it in case I could not find my HG mascara (Clinique's High Impact Curling). I liked how easily it's removed, specially with the eye make up remover from the same Mary Kay brand. I recommend this mascara for people who have naturally curled eyelashes and are seeking for a natural result.
***EDIT*** I tried it more times and I disliked it more and my mother doesn't like it anymore. I would never buy it (neither would she) or use this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this mascara to go on easily, not too dry or wet, with few clumps. It gave an average amount of volume, and a bit of length, and didn't migrate under my eyes. An acceptable, decent everyday mascara, with one huge problem... It made my eyes burn! All day long, each time I used it. Hence, the very low rating. I would suggest anyone who tries this should try it at home first so you can remove it if it causes you the same reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by hrodgers

I LOVE this mascara!! I have short thin lashes and this does give volume and length. I have tried other mascara's and I keep going back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kaishodge

This mascara is an excellent product. I never was really into MaryKay and I would always use Lancome Hynose as my staple. Anyway my aunt started to sell Marykay and I decided to be a little more economical so I crossed my fingers and traded in my $30 mascara for MaryKay Ultimate mascara that was half the price. Phenomenal stuff I say! I use this mascara everyday. There are no clumps, no flakes, and it allows for buildable volume plus the formula dries quickly. I get the same exact results I got using my department store mascara. I even use this when I am going out at night and apply 3-4 coats to volumize my lashes. The mascara does not dry out even though it dries quickly so I replace my tube every 4-6 months which isnt recommended but whatever. Bottom-line I love this stuff and I am glad that I wasn’t a snob and I tried it. MaryKay has an unwarranted reputation of being cheapy like Avon but their products are pretty superior for the price you pay with the exception of their foundation which I dislike. 5 Lippies all the way!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by OMGewww

I'm not a fan of Mary Kay products, but I love this mascara. It's very thick and you only need a couple of coats to do the trick. It doesn't dry out as quickly as some of the other mascaras and it holds the curl in my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupjnky20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it easy to work with...the brush could've been better...but it does the trick,,,it's however, hard to use on my bottom lashes ..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kind of a meh mascara. It gave some drama, but is nothing exceptional. I also didn't like the way it felt and was heavy after it dried. I'll use it up but won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by dolphinacia

I did not like this mascara. It clumps really bad and I don't like having my eyelashes all stick together. Plus, it is way overpriced. It did seem to dry quickly though, and it didn't flake, but those were the only good things about it, and it's not enough to make me buy this again. I would not recommend this