Eve Lom Cleanser

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 1/3/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Got a sample. It's like smearing crisco oil & doesn't take off eye makeup. Smell is nauseating. Hard to believe sales rep said it's world best cleanser. Cheapy Cetaphil is better. Muslin cloth is nice but yes you can use a hanky.

on 12/30/2011 12:43:00 PM

The best cleanser I've ever used. Has the consistency if Vaseline but the most delicious aroma . I use in the evening BUT it is not good for removing eye makeup as it gets the grits in my eyes and so I use a separate cleanser for my eyes.
Using the muslin cloth detoxifies the skin and it's a lovely regime.

on 12/27/2011 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Do not buy if you have dry or dry/ combination skin. It will only dry you skin out more.

It does not take all the make-up off, and using the muslin cloth soaked in hot water is INCREDIBLY drying and abrasive on the face.

Particularly things like eye liner and mascara do not respond well to the balm, and need a lot of massaging or scrubbing with the muslin cloth to get off. This is irritating to the eye area.

And frankly, the muslin cloth is good but you don't need the Eve Lom balm to use with it, and you don't even need to waste AU $30 on buying Eve Lom brand muslin cloths - you can use any muslin cloth (even a cotton handkerchief) with practically any other cleansing balm.

Plus the whole cleansing ritual is really time consuming - opening the pores, closing the pores etc. And if you skip the muslin cloth and use just the balm and rinse it off, it leaves your skin feeling coated with a film that you need to wash off later anyway.

And don't believe this balm when it says you do not need to moisturise later. If you have dry skin, this balm + cloth process will dry you skin out more and you will have to moisturise.

The only pros I would say are that it smells nice and herbal, and feels warming and nice to massage on your face. But just 'feeling' nice is of no use if it doesn't do anything nice for your skin too.

So save your money.

It may work for you if you have very oily skin that needs a bit of oil control using hot water/ exfoliation. Otherwise, save your AU $ 68. Buy a make-up remover + gentle skin cleanser for cheaper (see my reviews of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm). Together two products will serve you better, for a wider range of sitautions, than Eve Lom Cleanser alone.

on 12/8/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the worst product I have ever purchased in my life. I have not had any type of bad skin breakout in 22 years until I used this product. As soon as I used it, I broke out in large sore pimples through my T zone. I used it again a few weeks later just in case it was something else, but again, large sore pimples! It is very expensive in Australia ($117US for the 100 mL) even though the ingredients are all low cost (mineral oil, lanolin...) Never again.

on 11/24/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This was an ok cleanser- I had a few samples and used them for two weeks. The smell of this cleanser is hideous- it makes me feel sick actually and is quite off-putting while trying to rub into your face.
It is annoying to get off too as because a thick paste whilst in contact with skin and water. It makes your skin smooth and somewhat brightened but for the price,I feel like I can get the same for alot cheaper and ones with a more attractive smell.

on 11/23/2011 12:05:00 PM

Okay I have been using this for a year and I am on my second tub (got a back up one) of this and I really believe this works in coinjuction with an exfoliant (I use St Ives) and it gets even better results with the Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads. I have normal to dry skin so I am not sure what it does on oily or combo. I use this to combat blackheads and whiteheads that are in or under the skin. I dont have any problems with acne. I would rate this a 3 on its own if I didnt exercise or eat healthy (i.e if I was overweight) because it really makes a difference if you exercise! also it really needs to be used with an exfoliant or you wont get the results. Furthermore it is vital to use this EVERY night to get clear skin because you have to remove the dirt and oils under the skin before they turned to pimples or other 'nasties'. Currently I am not using them with Peter Thomas Roth because I am just too lazy but I have very minimal to no blackheads/whiteheads on my nose and between my eyebrow area. I have a few more that this on my chin (haha problem area) but none of these are noticeable (only to me). Rest assure though you cant get rid of blackheads and whiteheads completely even Kate Middleton had blackheads on her forehead for her wedding!!! Other celebs would have them photoshopped out. Personally people cant see my blackheads nor whiteheads unless they were 1/4 of a meter away from my face but I dont like looking at them.

on 11/9/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Renowned product and it is quite good however I my wonder cleanser is similar in texture but 100% more effective, smells better and feels more luxurious to use; I would suggest you check and try Emma Hardie's cleanser instead of the Eve Lom.

on 10/24/2011 1:31:00 PM

The (thick, gloopy) consistency of this product is unusual for a cleanser and creates a sensation on the skin that some will find strange. In addition, the cleansing effect was nothing more than distinctly average.

The product comes with very precise advice as to how best to use it, central to which is the instruction to use 'hot' then 'cool' water with the muslin cloth provided. Unfortunately, for anyone with spider veins and/or sensitive skin performing this hot/cool combined action is going to be potentially risky from the off for obvious reasons.

Yes, the recommended regime will leave the face feeling smoother: but then the (gentle) exfoliating action of a muslin cloth will usually have this effect in itself regardless of cleanser choice.

Needless to say: not recommended.

on 10/2/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin Type :
Extremely Oily.
Break-outs on rare occasions.
Tendency to have spots and bumps which never fully develop into full-blown pimples.

Sampled the cleanser in a starter kit 2 days prior a big night out, and this cleared up my skin superbly.
@ 2weeks -30ml pot finished and have upgraded to the 100ml pot.
@ 4weeks -product is still working just as good with my skin.

Results: [@5weeks]
Skin texture has improved dramatically.
Its is a lot smoother, less bumpy.
Existing and developing break-outs that I have on my skin is still there, but that is expected as dermatologists will tell you, there is nothing you can do about a break-out except let it come out.
They are definitely less inflamed, and look better.

As i always say:
With any product, if you are looking to give it a try, a realistic amount of time is about 4-6weeks for a result.
This will allow your skin to adjust and react to the change.
-Just ask any dermatologist what the turn-around time is for medications to work!

Any less than 4-6weeks is unrealistic, you might as well book yourself in for plastic surgery/ask god for a miracle.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wanted to try this years ago,but the price, and the fact its mineral oil based put me off.
Boy,am I glad i did,its a joy to use and makes even my soft glowing skin better!
I use it when I feel like a massage,clean skin for 5 mins, soak the cloth in hot water and remove 3 times,then cool water.