Eve Lom Cleanser

3.5

Mineral Oil, Peg-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hops Cone Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 10/2/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin Type :
Extremely Oily.
Break-outs on rare occasions.
Tendency to have spots and bumps which never fully develop into full-blown pimples.

Sampled the cleanser in a starter kit 2 days prior a big night out, and this cleared up my skin superbly.
@ 2weeks -30ml pot finished and have upgraded to the 100ml pot.
@ 4weeks -product is still working just as good with my skin.

Results: [@5weeks]
Skin texture has improved dramatically.
Its is a lot smoother, less bumpy.
Existing and developing break-outs that I have on my skin is still there, but that is expected as dermatologists will tell you, there is nothing you can do about a break-out except let it come out.
They are definitely less inflamed, and look better.

As i always say:
With any product, if you are looking to give it a try, a realistic amount of time is about 4-6weeks for a result.
This will allow your skin to adjust and react to the change.
-Just ask any dermatologist what the turn-around time is for medications to work!

Any less than 4-6weeks is unrealistic, you might as well book yourself in for plastic surgery/ask god for a miracle.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wanted to try this years ago,but the price, and the fact its mineral oil based put me off.
Boy,am I glad i did,its a joy to use and makes even my soft glowing skin better!
I use it when I feel like a massage,clean skin for 5 mins, soak the cloth in hot water and remove 3 times,then cool water.

on 7/14/2011 1:22:00 PM

Oh Eve Lom, I love you. I feel like I shouldn't though, you are full of mineral oil, which I'm pretty sure is just vaseline and other scary looking ingredients, you have a weird, complicated looking ritual that looks a bit dubious and I had to basically sell a kidney to buy you. BUT YOU WORK.

My skin was at its best when I was using Eve Lom, and that's huge considering I have literally been to hell and back with it and tried EVERYTHING. I have combination skin that flakes on my nose, is oily in the tzone and normal everywhere else. I've had mild acne consistently for 5 years - before that it was moderate for another 5 years. The lady said I would break out in the first week, which I did but not badly, it could have just been my monthly hormonal breakout. And then my skin took on a radiant, glowing look. Barely a pimple to be seen as long as I followed the routine.

Sometimes, if the weather gets dry my skin can't handle all the rubbing of the cloth and gets a bit irritated, but keep a mild moisturiser on hand and it's fine.

The routine is pretty time consuming, but the lymphatic drainage really worked for me so I encourage you to stick it out.

on 7/6/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for about 18 months now. I have very sensitive skin on my cheeks and it doesn't irritate at all. I love this cleanser it doesn't leave my skin feel tight and I love the nightly ritual of cleansing and rinsing etc. My chin broke out for a month or two when I first bought it, I'm not sure if that was this cleanser or hormones but I get very few if any spots now.

The initial outlay is expensive but it lasts for so long because you don't need much. I'm sure there are equally good cleansers out there but this works for me and I love the pampering process when I'm in the bath.

on 6/15/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is as amazing as it's claimed. Makes my skin so soft and clean. Love the smell as well.

on 6/8/2011 2:26:00 AM

My favourite cleanser hands down. I use a LOT of different skincare brands and I can't get enough of the Eve Lom cleanser. From reading these reviews obviously it isn't everyone's cup of tea, I can only speak for myself. I love the rich oily balm, I love the natural smell, I love the way it makes my skin feel. I'm in my 20's and still get oily skin and breakouts but also patches of dryness. This cleanser softens my skin and eradicates dryness while decongesting and improving my breakouts. Please try a sample of this! If it works for you its a life changer, if it doesn't then you haven't lost anything. Downside is that it is pretty pricey.

on 5/29/2011 8:35:00 AM

Absolutely horrible stuff - I got given a generous sample of this after hearing such good things about it, have used it twice, and already put it in the bin.

The first thing is the smell, it is disgusting, and I didn't want to put it near my face, but I carried on with the routine. After it was all rinsed off, the first thing I wanted to do was wash my face with my normal cleanser, my skin felt horrible, and not clean at all.

I would not recommend this to anyone, the price is stupid for the product, and I will not be swapping from my normal Cleanse and Polish in many moons, much cheaper, and just brilliant.

on 4/13/2011 1:33:00 PM

I bought this on a recommendation of a SpaceNK girl as I was looking for an evening cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. She said she had tried other cleansers but kept coming back to Eve Lom. I'd read all the mixed reviews but thought I'd give it a go and I quite like it. I occasionally get little bumps under my jaw (hormones or resting my head on my hands at work - who knows why) and this has cleared them up. I'd been used the Clarisonic with other cleansers for 5 months and it was only after using Eve Lom that they've gone.
The reviews are so mixed I'd recommend getting a tester first if you can and I'd never use it in the mornings, it's just too much.

on 4/9/2011 8:31:00 PM

I am currently on my second tub of the cleansing cream. I first purchased 50 ml back in June 2010 and the whole container lasted me a good 5-6 months, I was actually really impressed with how well it getís rid of makeup as well as cleanse my face. Having said that I always use a makeup removing oil first and then I use the cleansing cream. I have since purchased a 100ml version because I liked it so much. Despite the many negative reviews on this product I actually really enjoy using it. My face always feels so smooth and soft afterwards. Definitely one Iíll continue using.

I did stop for about 3 Ė 4 months as it was summer in Australia and I feel this product is better suited for the cooler months.

on 3/16/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I have always had pretty average skin. Its combination oily, slightly red and I can definitely see what's going on in my pores. I don't generally get breakouts, but I reckon there is always a scattering of blackheads hiding around my chin and nose. I bought Eve Lom following a recommendation from a friend and have fallen in love. The process of using the muslin cloths doesn't have to take a long time, but the results are totally worth it. Following a week of using this product my colleagues asked what make up I was wearing. Being lazy and preferring my sleep in, I generally don't wear make up to work. Normally I would deny their compliements, but I can't fault them, my skin really does look a lot better, its less red, the pores have shrunk and its decreased my oil production.
I can't recommend this product enough, atleast trial the tiny size one as not one product will work for everyone, but if it does work, you're in for a treat!