July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bonnie297

My favourite cleanser hands down. I use a LOT of different skincare brands and I can't get enough of the Eve Lom cleanser. From reading these reviews obviously it isn't everyone's cup of tea, I can only speak for myself. I love the rich oily balm, I love the natural smell, I love the way it makes my skin feel. I'm in my 20's and still get oily skin and breakouts but also patches of dryness. This cleanser softens my skin and eradicates dryness while decongesting and improving my breakouts. Please try a sample of this! If it works for you its a life changer, if it doesn't then you haven't lost anything. Downside is that it is pretty pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Katetamsyn

Absolutely horrible stuff - I got given a generous sample of this after hearing such good things about it, have used it twice, and already put it in the bin.

The first thing is the smell, it is disgusting, and I didn't want to put it near my face, but I carried on with the routine. After it was all rinsed off, the first thing I wanted to do was wash my face with my normal cleanser, my skin felt horrible, and not clean at all.

I would not recommend this to anyone, the price is stupid for the product, and I will not be swapping from my normal Cleanse and Polish in many moons, much cheaper, and just brilliant.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by carla8

I bought this on a recommendation of a SpaceNK girl as I was looking for an evening cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. She said she had tried other cleansers but kept coming back to Eve Lom. I'd read all the mixed reviews but thought I'd give it a go and I quite like it. I occasionally get little bumps under my jaw (hormones or resting my head on my hands at work - who knows why) and this has cleared them up. I'd been used the Clarisonic with other cleansers for 5 months and it was only after using Eve Lom that they've gone.
The reviews are so mixed I'd recommend getting a tester first if you can and I'd never use it in the mornings, it's just too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I am currently on my second tub of the cleansing cream. I first purchased 50 ml back in June 2010 and the whole container lasted me a good 5-6 months, I was actually really impressed with how well it getís rid of makeup as well as cleanse my face. Having said that I always use a makeup removing oil first and then I use the cleansing cream. I have since purchased a 100ml version because I liked it so much. Despite the many negative reviews on this product I actually really enjoy using it. My face always feels so smooth and soft afterwards. Definitely one Iíll continue using.

I did stop for about 3 Ė 4 months as it was summer in Australia and I feel this product is better suited for the cooler months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by vgreennz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have always had pretty average skin. Its combination oily, slightly red and I can definitely see what's going on in my pores. I don't generally get breakouts, but I reckon there is always a scattering of blackheads hiding around my chin and nose. I bought Eve Lom following a recommendation from a friend and have fallen in love. The process of using the muslin cloths doesn't have to take a long time, but the results are totally worth it. Following a week of using this product my colleagues asked what make up I was wearing. Being lazy and preferring my sleep in, I generally don't wear make up to work. Normally I would deny their compliements, but I can't fault them, my skin really does look a lot better, its less red, the pores have shrunk and its decreased my oil production.
I can't recommend this product enough, atleast trial the tiny size one as not one product will work for everyone, but if it does work, you're in for a treat!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by elliecrawford

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got caught up in the hype of this product. I read reviews in Allure, Vogue and also the staff at Mecca Cosmetica (in Melbourne) told me that it was "the best cleanser in the world." and told me how to use it, and informed me that i was not making a mistake by forking out lots of money for this little tub.

After 4 weeks of using the cleanser my skin:
is very oily
very greasy
full of red, sore pimples
I started getting pimples around my temples and lips which had never happened before, and if you get pimples around you mouth you need to be careful with them and not squeeze them because you have a higher chance of getting cold sores from them. Anyway, i tried to avoid the muslin cloth from going near the around the mouth pimples, but it didn't work. I now have pimple scars around my mouth that haven't recovered, and it's been over 4 weeks since i saw the first one.

I found the muslin cloth very harsh on my skin. I was using it properly and the routine took about 10 minutes each night. The cloth was scraping away my new pussy pimples.

I decided to ease off my usage of Proactiv, because i had been using it for over 5 years, so i thought it would give my skin a break from all the chemicals. So, i thought i'd try the Eve Lom cleanser.

Big mistake.

I am now going back to Proactiv because that's the only think that really works for my skin, and i will never buy Eve Lom cleanser again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by katetessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just Ok!#
VVVV expensive £48 for small tub,

Pros
1. Soft smooth skin
2. White bumps under eye disappearing
3. Great exfoilant

Cons
1. Mineral Oil main ingredient so its soooo overpriced,
2. I have some spots!
3. Im gonna try the cheaper alternative Liz Earle £13

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I have fallen slightly out of love with this product, due to its inclusion of parabens, it is still a classically brilliant cleanser, which is very moisturising and smells heavenly.

I have been using this cleanser on and off for the last 10 years, and it is simply outstanding, even if you canít be bothered to do that tiresome and time-consuming 7-step skin pinching thing every night.

The main reasons I am not using this product at the moment are:

1. I currently prefer to use a cleansing oil (Shu Uemura) to remove makeup, followed by a cleansing face wash.

2. There are now a lot of copycat products on the market that do the same job, just as well, but are better value for money - particularly Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which also contains more natural products.

3. When I first started using Eve Lom, several years ago, she passionately expounded the theory that women should use as few products as possible, and that it is unnecessary to use a separate eye cream or night cream, etc. She has since brought out several more products, including night creams, eye serums, and even another cleanser for morning use. I feel that she has sold out, and that has put me off the brand.

Furthermore, the new cleanser is being promoted as paraben-free, which makes me feel reluctant to use the original cleanser, as it does contain parabens; it is as though she is admitting the weakness of the original product, so why should I buy it?!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was recommended this cleanser as part of a 'natural' very thoroughly cleansing routine that would have nothing to irritate /aggravate my skin that was in a rather sorry state (lots of bumps on cheeks, blocked pores, sore acne). It was recommended to me by a very empathetic Space NK make-up artist. He didn't push rubbish onto me. The other assistant had applied liquid foundation to my BARE skin so that it was cakey and heavy. Her attitude seemed to be that it was my fault it wasn't working and my fault my skin was the way it was. I opted to wait for the experienced make-up artist to sort me out.
So, I started to use the Eve Lom cleanser. Very therapeutic. I really took my time with it. I applied in the proper way, with all the circular movements and light pressing for blood flow circulation. I took it off with the hot muslin cloths, then the final cold press. Loved this routine in the evenings. Very relaxing. This is why I have given the 2 lipstick rating. After a while the novelty wore off and it became a massive chore, especially as my skin was actually having cysts underneath. I have never before put cosmetics onto the back of my neck. But with this product I did because it was so balmy and one of the points directed to massage on was down from the ears to the collar bone in circular movements. I havenít used this product for months. I still have cysts yet to heal under the skin at the back of my neck. Thankfully they are not visible from the surface of the skin. Still, not good. Would never buy again. Extremely expensive for something that has detrimental effects to the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I think like many ladies here, i was hearing so much hype about this cleanser and I got it- I paid £28 for the smallest size tub and another £12 for the cloths (even though a cloth came free with the cleanser!) the SA still managed to get me to buy the additional cloths. Complete waste of money. This is just the same as chucking £40 in the rubbish bin outside my house. At first listening to the SA go on about this cleanser I thought this would be some miracle for my skin, I was quite happy with my dior cleanser...but it wasnt FOAMING so i decided to stray from a perfectably good cleanser!well i guess serves me right! I told the SA I wanted something that would remove all my make up properly. She said this was the best. However its just gross, disguisting. Smells awful and strong and I may as well be slathering vaseline on my skin and rubbing it in with the cloth. My skin after is oily and yucky, blemish-y and horrible. I tried this a few times just to give it a chance but i dreaded each chance so much, however i did make myself use it about 6 times, each time was worse than the previous. Horrible cheap product with good marketing and a stupid price tag. I would pay £100 for an amazing cleanser, but this one I wouldnt buy for a £1...It leaves my skin oily and yucky just like id put vaseline on it. And i always just cannot wait to wash my face properly with my beoved CD cleasner asap after this one!! Also who has the time or can be bothered with all this rubbing in and using the cloth everyday, not me!! i would rather have a great quick cleasner and spend the extra time on my make up:)