January 26, 2015 | 562 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by friday89

Oh Eve Lom, I love you. I feel like I shouldn't though, you are full of mineral oil, which I'm pretty sure is just vaseline and other scary looking ingredients, you have a weird, complicated looking ritual that looks a bit dubious and I had to basically sell a kidney to buy you. BUT YOU WORK.

My skin was at its best when I was using Eve Lom, and that's huge considering I have literally been to hell and back with it and tried EVERYTHING. I have combination skin that flakes on my nose, is oily in the tzone and normal everywhere else. I've had mild acne consistently for 5 years - before that it was moderate for another 5 years. The lady said I would break out in the first week, which I did but not badly, it could have just been my monthly hormonal breakout. And then my skin took on a radiant, glowing look. Barely a pimple to be seen as long as I followed the routine.

Sometimes, if the weather gets dry my skin can't handle all the rubbing of the cloth and gets a bit irritated, but keep a mild moisturiser on hand and it's fine.

The routine is pretty time consuming, but the lymphatic drainage really worked for me so I encourage you to stick it out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 18 months now. I have very sensitive skin on my cheeks and it doesn't irritate at all. I love this cleanser it doesn't leave my skin feel tight and I love the nightly ritual of cleansing and rinsing etc. My chin broke out for a month or two when I first bought it, I'm not sure if that was this cleanser or hormones but I get very few if any spots now.

The initial outlay is expensive but it lasts for so long because you don't need much. I'm sure there are equally good cleansers out there but this works for me and I love the pampering process when I'm in the bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by antheasarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is as amazing as it's claimed. Makes my skin so soft and clean. Love the smell as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bonnie297

My favourite cleanser hands down. I use a LOT of different skincare brands and I can't get enough of the Eve Lom cleanser. From reading these reviews obviously it isn't everyone's cup of tea, I can only speak for myself. I love the rich oily balm, I love the natural smell, I love the way it makes my skin feel. I'm in my 20's and still get oily skin and breakouts but also patches of dryness. This cleanser softens my skin and eradicates dryness while decongesting and improving my breakouts. Please try a sample of this! If it works for you its a life changer, if it doesn't then you haven't lost anything. Downside is that it is pretty pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Katetamsyn

Absolutely horrible stuff - I got given a generous sample of this after hearing such good things about it, have used it twice, and already put it in the bin.

The first thing is the smell, it is disgusting, and I didn't want to put it near my face, but I carried on with the routine. After it was all rinsed off, the first thing I wanted to do was wash my face with my normal cleanser, my skin felt horrible, and not clean at all.

I would not recommend this to anyone, the price is stupid for the product, and I will not be swapping from my normal Cleanse and Polish in many moons, much cheaper, and just brilliant.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by carla8

I bought this on a recommendation of a SpaceNK girl as I was looking for an evening cleanser to use with my Clarisonic. She said she had tried other cleansers but kept coming back to Eve Lom. I'd read all the mixed reviews but thought I'd give it a go and I quite like it. I occasionally get little bumps under my jaw (hormones or resting my head on my hands at work - who knows why) and this has cleared them up. I'd been used the Clarisonic with other cleansers for 5 months and it was only after using Eve Lom that they've gone.
The reviews are so mixed I'd recommend getting a tester first if you can and I'd never use it in the mornings, it's just too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I am currently on my second tub of the cleansing cream. I first purchased 50 ml back in June 2010 and the whole container lasted me a good 5-6 months, I was actually really impressed with how well it getís rid of makeup as well as cleanse my face. Having said that I always use a makeup removing oil first and then I use the cleansing cream. I have since purchased a 100ml version because I liked it so much. Despite the many negative reviews on this product I actually really enjoy using it. My face always feels so smooth and soft afterwards. Definitely one Iíll continue using.

I did stop for about 3 Ė 4 months as it was summer in Australia and I feel this product is better suited for the cooler months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by vgreennz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have always had pretty average skin. Its combination oily, slightly red and I can definitely see what's going on in my pores. I don't generally get breakouts, but I reckon there is always a scattering of blackheads hiding around my chin and nose. I bought Eve Lom following a recommendation from a friend and have fallen in love. The process of using the muslin cloths doesn't have to take a long time, but the results are totally worth it. Following a week of using this product my colleagues asked what make up I was wearing. Being lazy and preferring my sleep in, I generally don't wear make up to work. Normally I would deny their compliements, but I can't fault them, my skin really does look a lot better, its less red, the pores have shrunk and its decreased my oil production.
I can't recommend this product enough, atleast trial the tiny size one as not one product will work for everyone, but if it does work, you're in for a treat!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by elliecrawford

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also got caught up in the hype of this product. I read reviews in Allure, Vogue and also the staff at Mecca Cosmetica (in Melbourne) told me that it was "the best cleanser in the world." and told me how to use it, and informed me that i was not making a mistake by forking out lots of money for this little tub.

After 4 weeks of using the cleanser my skin:
is very oily
very greasy
full of red, sore pimples
I started getting pimples around my temples and lips which had never happened before, and if you get pimples around you mouth you need to be careful with them and not squeeze them because you have a higher chance of getting cold sores from them. Anyway, i tried to avoid the muslin cloth from going near the around the mouth pimples, but it didn't work. I now have pimple scars around my mouth that haven't recovered, and it's been over 4 weeks since i saw the first one.

I found the muslin cloth very harsh on my skin. I was using it properly and the routine took about 10 minutes each night. The cloth was scraping away my new pussy pimples.

I decided to ease off my usage of Proactiv, because i had been using it for over 5 years, so i thought it would give my skin a break from all the chemicals. So, i thought i'd try the Eve Lom cleanser.

Big mistake.

I am now going back to Proactiv because that's the only think that really works for my skin, and i will never buy Eve Lom cleanser again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by katetessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just Ok!#
VVVV expensive £48 for small tub,

Pros
1. Soft smooth skin
2. White bumps under eye disappearing
3. Great exfoilant

Cons
1. Mineral Oil main ingredient so its soooo overpriced,
2. I have some spots!