September 30, 2014 | 1811 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reeeeeally love this. I'm 21 with difficult skin, I dont have acne or break out often *knocks on wood* but very sensitive and i usually get a couple of uglies around THAT time of the month ..the problem is that they tend to leave their mark which is either slightly raised or a dark spot. I purchased this along with the Centella skin salve which is recommended for use after the scrub and I try to remember to use it 2 times a week. It leaves my skin seriously smooth and my skin tone is slowly but obviously starting to even out. On the Kiehls website it does say to avoid use on eyes , lips and nostrils but i DO use a little bit on my lips to get rid of dead skin and it works wonders. Read the instructions on the tube before diving in because it recommends to keep an eye on your own personal sensitivity to how hard you scrub and to do so for no longer than 2 minutes. I find that if i carry on for too long my face becomes a teenie bit sore. At 34 its bloody expensive but never the less this is a product i dont think ill be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Norita_em

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because I have somewhat sensitive skin, I was hesitant to try a physical exfoliant but...I got a sample and had to try it and...I'm hooked. Since my skin is kinda sensitive like I said, I use it once or twice a week only. I also do it at the very end of my shower, when my skin is totally soaked and at night so that my skin gets a chance to recover overnight. Also...very important to wear a good broad-spectrum sunscreen at all times after!! I also avoid scrubbing too hard, for too long, or on more sensitive areas of my face (around the mouth and chin for me and of course the eyes). Well...hope this helps :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by partlycloudy

this is the best scrub i have ever used-it has just the right amount of shell to get the job done. i do not use this near my mouth, as that area is way too easily irritated. not recommended for sensitive skin-my skin hates chemicals but does well with physical exfoliation. this scrub has very little fragrance and a no nonsense attitude-like kiehl's in general. $40 is a lot of money for me, but is think a tube of this will last at least a year-(i use this 2-3 times a week)
this makes my skin slightly flaky for a few hours (i use this at night so i can avoid both redness and the equally expensive "recovery salve") but then much smoother the next day. after a few months of use my complexion is clearer and brigher, with less surface dryness and my t-zone pores are slightly less prominent.
the tip about mixing with cleanser is a great one-especially if you are in ahurry and just want a quick pick me up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by acmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a brilliant scrub - without a doubt the best I've tried - but I do find it a bit harsh, especially with regular use. If you find it a bit too much, try mixing it with your regular cleanser. This makes it go further, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jsc0702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub! It is simply perfect for me. I was previously using the Wexler scrub and was happy with it until I tried a sample of this. The Kiehls scrub is not as gentle as the Wexler, but it is much more effective. My skin is baby soft after using this. It is a little expensive, but lasts a long time and is definitely worth it. I would highly recommend this to everyone except those with the most sensitive skin. A++++++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dmr1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great scrub that really does leave your face feeling brand new. For me, it's not even necessary to use the recommended Centella salve afterwards--but I'm definitely not one of the folks here with super-sensitive skin. I must admit, I don't use this scrub too often, I just get samples each time I'm buying something else at Kiehl's, often before a big event where I want to really have a great glow going.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS is the best, probably closest thing you will get to a spa treatment. Really re-texturizes, not drying at all, leaves a great glow. I will always have some of this around. LOVE LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lololol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best scrub i ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 8:26:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product and fell head over heals. I use Dr.Brandts Micro Derm Scrub in a Jar 1.7oz $75. I tried this one and it is amazing for me better then Dr.Brandts. It comes in a tube at almost half the price and my skin looked like porcelain and felt like a baby's bottom. If you are using Dr.Brandts call Kiehls and ask for a sample of this and trust me when I tell you that you will switch to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Falafel_is_gr8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is mid-20s normal-combo, oily in the T-zone with most of the oil clogs there and with occasional hormonal breakouts on one cheek/chin area. I had been cleansing with Caudalie instant foaming cleanser and alternated with Clarins Exfoliating Foaming cleanser (the orange one) and found that my skin would develop this layer of dryness above an oily mess. I had given up on having great skin without having to visit the facialist. Then I tried this. The scrubbing grains are so small, but offer such complete exfoliation that I am tossing out my Clarins. I have just started using this twice a week and now see smooth, radiant skin. It is as smooth as a baby's butt. The area around my nose is smooth and I have no clogs there. I use about a nickel size-squeeze, dot on areas of my wet face, and scrub gently (although you can get deeper exfoliation using a tiny bit of pressure) for about two minutes. Then I let it sit for 30 seconds and then rinse it off. Best when used in the shower as the steam opens your pores. My moisturizer absorbs so well after this and my skin glows. I gave it 4 lippies because this is a physical exfoliant and if you have sensitive skin, you had best not try this and go for a chemical exfoliant. (Next on my list is a at-home fruit enzyme peel for once a month usage.) The packaging on this is great! Sanitary, no fuss even when I climb out of the shower to have to get a squirt.