November 28, 2014 | 886 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by J1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective exfoliating product. The abrasive grains are very fine and a small amount of product goes a long way, which is good because this stuff is fairly pricey. I would recommend a light hand when using for the first time. This scrub definitely leaves my face pretty red for several hours afterward, so I recommend using it at night as other reviewers have mentioned. When I wake up though, there is no trace of any irritation, just smooth, clear, fresh skin. I donít bother with the Kiehlís Centella Recovery Salve as a follow-up and havenít found that I need it. I just use my regular serum and moisturizer and that suits my skin just fine. This Kiehlís product reminds me of an Estee Lauder product called ďSolid Milk Cleansing GrainsĒ which was discontinued years ago, but was always a favorite of mine. Iíve tried dozens of scrubs over the years and this is by far one of the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOW. I have tried lots of scrubs but this is the only one that made me go tell my husband to feel how soft and smooth my skin is. VERY scrubby - lots of teeny particles and you can really feel it working. MY skin is oily and very tough and this burns a little so it may be too harsh for sensitive skin but man oh man does it do great things for me - after use my pores are almost gone and I was able to extract a comedone that had been stubbornly stuck on my nose for months. It did make me a little peely the next day but to me that's a good thing - it really does "resurface" your skin like microdermabrasion. Expensive but worth it and a little goes a long way - highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reeeeeally love this. I'm 21 with difficult skin, I dont have acne or break out often *knocks on wood* but very sensitive and i usually get a couple of uglies around THAT time of the month ..the problem is that they tend to leave their mark which is either slightly raised or a dark spot. I purchased this along with the Centella skin salve which is recommended for use after the scrub and I try to remember to use it 2 times a week. It leaves my skin seriously smooth and my skin tone is slowly but obviously starting to even out. On the Kiehls website it does say to avoid use on eyes , lips and nostrils but i DO use a little bit on my lips to get rid of dead skin and it works wonders. Read the instructions on the tube before diving in because it recommends to keep an eye on your own personal sensitivity to how hard you scrub and to do so for no longer than 2 minutes. I find that if i carry on for too long my face becomes a teenie bit sore. At £34 its bloody expensive but never the less this is a product i dont think ill be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Norita_em

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because I have somewhat sensitive skin, I was hesitant to try a physical exfoliant but...I got a sample and had to try it and...I'm hooked. Since my skin is kinda sensitive like I said, I use it once or twice a week only. I also do it at the very end of my shower, when my skin is totally soaked and at night so that my skin gets a chance to recover overnight. Also...very important to wear a good broad-spectrum sunscreen at all times after!! I also avoid scrubbing too hard, for too long, or on more sensitive areas of my face (around the mouth and chin for me and of course the eyes). Well...hope this helps :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by partlycloudy

this is the best scrub i have ever used-it has just the right amount of shell to get the job done. i do not use this near my mouth, as that area is way too easily irritated. not recommended for sensitive skin-my skin hates chemicals but does well with physical exfoliation. this scrub has very little fragrance and a no nonsense attitude-like kiehl's in general. $40 is a lot of money for me, but is think a tube of this will last at least a year-(i use this 2-3 times a week)
this makes my skin slightly flaky for a few hours (i use this at night so i can avoid both redness and the equally expensive "recovery salve") but then much smoother the next day. after a few months of use my complexion is clearer and brigher, with less surface dryness and my t-zone pores are slightly less prominent.
the tip about mixing with cleanser is a great one-especially if you are in ahurry and just want a quick pick me up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by acmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a brilliant scrub - without a doubt the best I've tried - but I do find it a bit harsh, especially with regular use. If you find it a bit too much, try mixing it with your regular cleanser. This makes it go further, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jsc0702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scrub! It is simply perfect for me. I was previously using the Wexler scrub and was happy with it until I tried a sample of this. The Kiehls scrub is not as gentle as the Wexler, but it is much more effective. My skin is baby soft after using this. It is a little expensive, but lasts a long time and is definitely worth it. I would highly recommend this to everyone except those with the most sensitive skin. A++++++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dmr1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great scrub that really does leave your face feeling brand new. For me, it's not even necessary to use the recommended Centella salve afterwards--but I'm definitely not one of the folks here with super-sensitive skin. I must admit, I don't use this scrub too often, I just get samples each time I'm buying something else at Kiehl's, often before a big event where I want to really have a great glow going.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS is the best, probably closest thing you will get to a spa treatment. Really re-texturizes, not drying at all, leaves a great glow. I will always have some of this around. LOVE LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lololol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best scrub i ever tried!