January 31, 2015 | 1816 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Update: 15th April 2013

This is no longer the same. The hard wearing virtues it once had are now gone! The blush now has a very soft texture and a lot comes off on the brush, it used to be a case of having to swirl the brush across it a few times to pick up enough. Not only does it wear off very quickly now, it will not last a couple of years like it used to and I have now gone off it and will be seeking something different. Well done Clinique.
-----------------------
This is a pink blush on me with some very slight glitter. It's a flattering shade for my MMM-GGG complexion but not knockout superb.
I'm not keen on the shimmer nor the texture of the blush.
One great aspect to it is that you only need to use a little bit of it. Using a fan brush to apply will prevents over the top clown-like cheeks.
For the value conscious, this would be an excellent buy as it will easily last longer than a year, I've applied it quite a bit and there isn't even a dent in it! I've also dropped it about 5 times and there are no cracks in the powder or casing!
As for the packaging, the outer silver looking mirror casing is futuristic, simple and looks smart and the interior mirror is a good one that doesn't distort. As others have said, the brush is average but not scratchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

I started using this color recently, and I really love the color it gives my cheeks. Along with a nice peach color, it also has a nice sprakle to it. The great thing with this product is that you only need to put a little bit on, as a little really goes a long way. With some products you have to keep putting more and more blush, but with the clinique product you just put a little bit on, but it gives you a beautiful color on your sheeks. A must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely peachy pink with subtle gold shimmer. It is exactly what I wanted Nars Orgasm to be, in fact. If Orgasm is too shimmery for you and you hate having to scrape off its hardened top, you need Precious Posy. It gives a perfect, subtly luminous flush that is so natural, so healthy. This is the only blush I pack when I travel because it never disappoints and I never have to worry about it not working with my other choices in makeup or clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by coldplayroxs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

mine came in a duo with eyeshadow as well. but i would recomend this one, its a great colour, you dont have to apply it too many times to get the right look, and its soo simple to apply, i would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by 1enigma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS BLUSH
Bought it from the Cosmetics Company and I totally do not regret it. $$ well spent!!

PROS: one brush is all you need, has sparkles, mirror and brush are inside the compact, longevity of the product, the outside of the compact can be used as a mirror as well, good size, price: $16!!!
CONS: NONE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by baulingbaby

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BLUSH.

I wear it daily and it brings out some color into my face.
I have used this for over a year and there is is still tons of blush left.
This is well worth the $20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I purchased this blush after reading the glowing reviews here on make up alley. I had been searching for a highly pigmented blush that wasn't too overpowering or harsh looking. The peachy-pink color is just as pretty as you gals say it is, and it's very natural looking even on my fair complexion. I've been wearing it about a week now and so far it hasn't been irritating to my very sensitive skin. I only wish I had found this blush a little sooner, so I could've worn it for my wedding photos.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My gosh, this blush is beautiful! I LOVE this blush! I love it even more than my MAC Springsheen blush! I purchased "Cupid" and "Precious Posy" while at Sephora, even though I have about a thousand other blushes, I just couldn't resist how gorgeous the testers looked. I am not disappointed, "Precious Posy" is a medium shimmery peachy coral. The shimmer is so subtle though, you won't see "glitter" specks, just a radiant glow. Applies very smoothly on and not blotchy, which is sometimes a problem with blushes on my very fair skin. Just for kicks, I tried out the brush that comes with it, it's not that bad actually! The only negative is the stupid mirrored compact it comes in, shows every single dang fingerprint from wherever you touch it! UGH! I much prefer Clinique's traditional green compacts. Otherwise though, a gorgeous well wearing shade (my new favorite actually!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

HG status!! This blush is really fantastic!! I spent months trying to find the perfect peachy blush and now I reach for this all the time! To be honest, I usually compare it to the most famous peachy-pink blush out there, NARS Orgasm. This has an even prettier color and it looks amazing on PPPs. The pigmentation is far better and it goes nicely and not powdery at all on my skin. The compact is not bad and the included brush is nice for touch-ups on the go (even though the lasting power is good and ou might not even need a touch-up). The price is fine and I'm definetely repurchasing if I run out! I usually combine it with Korres Pomegranate lipbutter, TBS Sunrise Pink lipgloss or Clinique's Full Potential lipgloss in Mimosa Blossom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definite HG status. I love the natural glow that this blush gives me and the pretty flushed look I achieve with it. As long as you use a light hand, this blush is amazing. Highly pigmented and goes on smoothly. Like NARS 'orgasm', but a million times better, imo.