November 22, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To those who think this poduct smells nothing like honey go open a pot of honey and take a big whiff. Honey doesnt smell like sugar and sweet lollipops rainbows and smiles. Honey to me actually smells like baby powder. faintly thought
anyway this product smells A LOT like baby powder. its moisturizing properties are sub par. it leaves a waxy film on my lips. i hated this lip balm. its nasty. its over priced for something so nasty. i'll stick with a REAL organic lip balm like eco lips hemp seed oil from now on thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really disliked the smell of this at first, for some reason it was very unappealing to me. I was on a trip and didn't have anything else, after awhile I found the smell OK but once i got home I switched it for my reg Burts and haven't picked it up since.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the Pomegranate version of this more, because this one is a little waxy. However, it is very moisturizing and I don't mind the smell (which others seem not to like). I use it before bed to wake up to moisturized lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by mommybabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many others have said, the smell of this is odd to say the least. And for me, the smell is the only thing that let's it down. It's a fantastic lip balm, feels great on and really moisturises but I can't see many liking the scent.

I didn't use this for a while and stuck to the original, but gave it another try and I've gotten slightly used to the scent. Saying that though, when I wear the honey one I often apply a gloss over the top, which usually diminshes the scent.

They really should reformulate this and make it actually smell like honey, instead of honey that's gone mouldy!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by LynnMaruu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it would be great because of the natural ingredients and such. As soon as I opened the cap, I was met with a really unappealing scent. It's really difficult to describe..like smelly honey mixed with smelly flowers. I tried it on and it applied very smoothly. It makes my lips feels soft. However, the scent felt like it was lingering around my face and into my mouth. I took it off because of this and gave it to my sister, who can tolerate the smell a bit more than I do. (Though she's not to fond of it either, but decided she would wear it only during sleep, so that others can't smell it on her.) I'll try a different lip balm next time..one with no "honey" scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by UrMeganMeCrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells soooo bad!! I can't stand it!! Sure, its moisturizing and makes my lips soft, but I don't want to put something that smells that bad on my face. I've heard good things about Burt's Bees products and I thought that if I got the honey one, it would smell sweet but BOYY was I wrong!!! Not worth the three bucks I paid for it..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the lipbalm, it is soooo moisturizing, and it keeps my lips very hydrated for a long time. It works very well under makeup, better than the original. It is very nice as a night-time treatment. But the smell! I can't stand it. It smells like honey, but a bit off... I will not repurchase, just because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by tina5856

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this, the smell isnt that bad . not as bad as carmex

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by zzzbbyjzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another product that I had such high hopes for but sadly it does what any normal lip balm would do. I was really hoping that it would be extra soothing and moisturizing because it has "beeswax." Don't get me wrong, it does help with chapped lips but I can't rely on this product when fall/winter/and maybe half of spring rolls around. A big con to this product is the scent. It truly is an acquired smell. Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again just because it's not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ellytso

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product was fab and it made my lips smell dilish it realy moustirisd my lips to it was great