Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 3/20/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

The moisturization properties are wonderful. Too bad the smell isn't. This stuff stinks, and does not go away. Don't waste your money like I did.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've had this lip balm for a very long time, but almost done with it! Smells sweet and does it's job in moisturizing, but unfortunately it feels sticky and heavy like honey. I prefer something more light (i.e. Softlips).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overwhelming smell, it makes me dizzy, i prefer the original beeswax from Burt's Bees.

on 2/8/2012 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although the packaging is cute and I like the little honeycomb pattern on the chapstick tube, I cannot bring myself to use this lip balm. Not going to lie, I am totally a chapstick fiend and have used multiple types of chapsticks, a lot of which are Burt's Bees. I was super excited to start using this, but once I opened the package and took a whiff, my stomach turned over on itself. This product smells horrific! I couldn't use it after the first time because I have a habit of pulling my lips up to my nose to smell my chapstick (cute, right?) because I typically have super good smelling chapstick on. Guess what? Got grossed out every time. So... Not going to buy or use this product again. To be truthful, I'm going to try it out again but I just don't see myself being a fan. So, if you have a sensitive nose and don't like plasticky, fake smelling products, I highly advise you not to purchase this lip balm. Oh, and, not only did I not like the scent but whenever I wore it, people wrinkled their noses and asked what the gross smell was. Hey guess what guys? My lips. No big deal. Haha, anyhow, I recommend not buying this lip balm. If you aren't convinced, get it yourself! Happy stomach turning days to you if you do. ;)

on 2/6/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

At first, the Burt's Bees honey lip balm made my lips feel smooth and nourished during the colder months, but after my lips were healed and at their best, the lip balm began to dry out my lips. I retried the lip balm again in the summer months and I still got the same effect. I figured some lip balms work best during a particular season, but this lip balm was a overall fail for actual performance. The smell however was sweet, but a little powdery. It was kind of over powering and not flattering for most. Even though the smell didnt deter me from the lip balm, I predict it will and has many others. The packaging is preferred (stick version), as it is more sanitary, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 1/20/2012 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I quite like this lip balm. I've used the original version in the past but wasn't enamored with the mintiness of it. This balm does smell sweet and to my nose natural. It is a very light balm. It will not coat your lips with shine and will not leave you feeling as though you have a lot of product on your lips. This is the first balm I've used in years that doesn't leave my lips feeling heavily coated. The taste is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5. The taste leaves more to be desired. The moisturization however is excellent. I have full lips which therefore look hideous when chapped. My lips feel rather smooth and I would repurchase this. It really does keep my lips soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this one way more than the original. It's way more moisturizing and it tastes good.

on 12/14/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This helped my dry flaky lips after a bad cold, they now are soft and smooth again. I like that it's all natural but the scent could be better, it has a strong powdery/honey smell that doesn't bother me but I don't love it either. Update 01/11/12: I have a feeling that it makes my lips dryer after a while so I stopped using this.

The Burt's Bee's Honey Lip balm has to be my favorite!
I always have at least one on me at all times, and have been known to get very upset when it goes missing!
Moisturizes my lips perfectly, and it's natural.

on 11/13/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Been using it for 3 years and it keeps my lips soft all year round.

Popular Lip Treatments