BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2031 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I really like this product for a low-key natural flush to my cheeks. However, on my lips, it's a different story. I do have dry lips, but when I exfoliate them, any color stays on and goes on smoothly. Benetint didn't exactly stay on except for in my lip lines and wrinkles. It's still a gorgeous color thou, but I wish it'd stay on longer on my lips than making my lines and wrinkles pop out. I'd still purchase this, so I can experiment more with my lips. Am I doing something wrong?

on 12/26/2013 3:03:00 PM

I got this sample size in the Benefit 'Primping With The Stars' kit , and I've only tried it a few times, but I love it! As a cheek stain you have to apply it really fast because it dries quickly and you'll look blotchy, but the colour is nice. It makes a great lip stain too, but the lip colour doesn't last very long. The only complaint that I have about applying it to cheeks is that once it's dried, you can't blend it, so if it has gone blotchy you can't fade it out. Otherwise, it's great. I may buy the full size if it's on offer, but I'm not paying £20ish pounds for it.

on 12/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Never got the hang of using this as a cheek stain - you have to apply fast or it looks blotchy. LOVE this as a lip tint, it is the 'base coat' for my lips daily and I apply gloss or lipstick atop it. Not wild about the packaging, since the brush is not very sanitary for re-use on the lips. Usually the product gets a little cloudy when my bottle is about 3/4 done and that's when I know to buy a new one.

on 12/14/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is a nice product. When I used it, it looks natural, the smell is okay too. This product is really useful for some people who don't like to bring so much makeup stuffs in their bag, because u can use it to color ur lips too.
What I don't like about this product : my fingers become red after i applied this product to my face.

on 12/13/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i wouldn't get this again, the price is very high, especially for how poor the packaging quality is and how much product you get. it is in the style of a nail polish brush, making it unsanitary and often difficult to properly apply. and at 30 bucks to buy one individually, i can't really justify it. i like the tint, but not for that much cash. if you really like it i'd wait and try to snag it in a kit with other products and save some money.

on 12/7/2013 3:02:00 PM

I use this only on my lips to add a bit more colour. For the cheeks, you have to act very quickly to blend it, otherwise it really stains the cheeks. Overall I didn't really like it...

on 12/7/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a full size of this in a kit with a benefit mascara and porefessional for $36 so i dont feel like i over paid but if i had bought this by itself for $30 i might feel like it was a bit too much. I perfer this as a lip tint over a cheek tint, mostly because i have chubby cheeks and olivey skin tone so a flush of red makes my cheeks look huge and it looks really unnatural on my skin tone. it also concentrates on bumps. I like to use it as a lip tint because my boyfriend complains about lip gloss getting on him and so i was searching for something that would give me a flush of color on my lips and only stick to me. So i found this and it dries on my lips and doesnt move almost all day. He hasnt complained about it, cause it just feels like skin. I do make sure to exfoliate my lips with my toothbrush before i use it because it is darker on areas where your skin is dry for some reason. And i do wish that it came with a different applicator because this on tickles my lips lol. But overall a good product.

on 12/6/2013 9:19:00 PM

I bought this to use more as a lip stain than a cheek stain, and I think that may have been my biggest mistake. I will start with the positive: as a cheek stain, I like this quite a bit. I have no trouble applying it and getting a natural, pretty look from it. I swipe three short lines on my cheek and pat it in immediately and I love how that looks. The lasting power is very good for that, too. I find the smell very pleasant.

Unfortunately, the lip stain side of it falls so short to me. It highlights the slightest imperfection, does not last long, there is no color payoff, it tastes terrible, and worst of all it burns my lips and I find it to be horribly drying. I feel it is very, very overpriced and I'm pretty bummed out I spent $30 on this glorified cheek tint.

on 12/1/2013 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this stuff for days that i dont feel like wearing anything heavy on my lips. but i have the brush that comes with it. i went Dr Frankenstein on the bottle and replaces the polish brush with a disposable lip want from sephora. you know, the ones they put out for you to swatch things? i do like the tony moly (korean cosmetics) cat chu wink lip stains for days i want a bit more pigment than benetint

on 12/1/2013 5:50:00 PM

I use this lip stain all the time.

It's really rare that a super popular product ends up pleasing me when I finally buy it, but this one hasn't let me down like the others. I find it to be a nice neutral shade if I don't build up too many layers of it. I usually layer about two-three coats on my (very unpigmented) lips, which gives me a nice, soft and very natural looking pink lip. At about 4 layers, it starts to look like a bit of a cooler shade, but I rarely ever wear such a heavy amount of it. Still, it builds up nicely as you layer it.

It's a very watery formula, which gives you some time to work it into your lips and avoid the dreaded unevenness we often experience with lip tints. I generally do a light swipe on my lip and then work it into my lips with my pinkie finger (which, admittedly, ends up quite pink after), and my lips always end up looking incredibly natural and evenly coloured. While the formula is nice because I can easily work with it before it dries, I actually prefer the Cha Cha Tint formula, which is more gel-like. I feel like the wateriness of this product makes me use more of it to get the colour I want, vs Cha Cha, which I only ever use one layer of.

While all of that is very nice, I have to say my favourite part of this product is the staying power. Holy CRAP. This doesn't come off for nothin' for at least 6-8 hours, even if I eat oily Italian food (the lip stain killer). This is without a doubt the longest lasting lip stain I have ever used, and for that alone, I would be willing to repurchase this product. But I don't think I'll have to for a long time, because the little bottle I bought seems to last very well. I've had it for over 6 months and I think I'm about 1/10th of the way done with the bottle.

Overall, for the lazy beauties, or those who want to put it on and forget about it, I highly recommend both this lip stain and the other benefit stains.

Popular Blush Products