Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Heather Silk

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

(((RATED 5 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients from packaging: Talc, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Octyldodecanol, Cyclomethicone, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Oxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 4/27/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heather Silk is a matte,cool, mauve-fuchsia. The perfect version of that sex-kitten pink w/o looking like a clown. Truly brightens up the face. Great pigmentation, finely milled, easy to blend/layer. Works for a variety of skintones; LLL to DDD. Has become a favorite in my makeup kit. Truly beautiful paired with NYX Sheer Gloss in 'Fabulous' or Ruby Kisses cool pink gloss palette. *****UPDATE: *****This is still one of my favorite blush for everyday wear. However, using BenNye & LaFemme blushes for photoshoots or video because they fit into my palette. continued >>

on 4/17/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

If it weren't for MUA I'd never have discovered this unusually high quality and lovely blush. This is a cool mauvey pink that I use with a skunk brush on my medium sand-toned complexion. It is so natural looking and brightening, without looking clownish, and lasts all day. It goes with day and nighttime looks and with many lip colors too. A great find. Pic in profile.

The blush is a great color and I have had luck with this brand before. However, this product was a disapointment for me. It was difficult to apply well and looked very clown-like on my facee.

on 2/3/2008 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wouldn't have bought this from the way it looks in the container, except for the good reviews on it. The first time I applied it I thought I had made a big mistake because of how it looked on me, but it's just that I must use it very lightly. Yesterday, I tried this again and applied very little, blended, and then put a translucent powder all over to dampen the color even more. It looked great, as though I had just come in out of the cold with healthy color on the apples of my cheeks. I doubt I will ever use all this up, but if I do, I will repurchase.

on 2/2/2008 1:37:00 PM

Great shade/textured blush!!

Brush and comact are useless but for the price, I'll live with it.

Try patting the blush on your lips and then putting on a coat of matte balm for a perfectly natural flush lip.

on 12/25/2007 1:10:00 AM

Quite possibly my HG blush. I am Asian, with yellow undertones and in between LLL-MMM. Heather Silk is my HG because the color perfectly mimics my natural flush. I just tap it lightly on the surface of the blush (it is VERY pigmented, so a little goes a long way) and swipe it on my cheeks. Immediately, I look healthy and like I've just come back from a run. Heather Silk gives me such a natural-looking flush that even when I don't really blend that well, it still looks natural! And it's completely matte, too! When I want to look flushed and cute, I reach for this blush. It instantly makes me look like I've been out playing in the winter cold.
UPDATE: I haven't stopped wearing this blush everyday for the past couple of months. On days when I do try to break myself out of Heather Silk, I force myself to reach for another blush. However, I never feel as pretty as I do when I wear Heather Silk--the color absolutely wakes up my colorless cheeks and stays forever. Can't stop raving enough about this blush--I must go out and buy backups!
UPDATE #2: Argh. Dropped this on the FLOOR and it crumbled! Into a thousand pieces on my blue carpet. D: Well, the pink-stained spots on my carpet are evident of Heather Silk's extraordinary staying power; I can't get them out no matter how hard I scrub at the stains. The broken pieces of blush crumbled into soft powder as soon as I touched them to pick them up, showing how soft and pigmented the blush is. Sigh. :( Must go out and purchase another. continued >>

on 11/14/2007 10:18:00 AM

Ladies with medium to dark skin or a tan should try this blush! When I started spray-tanning I found that none of the blushes that I had bought for my pale skin looked very good. This color looks a bit scary in the pan, but it is gorgeous on! It has no shimmer, and the texture is very nice. I like using it on the apples of my cheeks when using bronzer- it really brightens up the face!

I've tried really expensive blushes and own Nars orgasm but I wanted something less shimmery, pinker and well..cheap. This shade of wet n'wild was super cheap and the color matched the natural blush of my cheeks, a deep but vibrant rosey shade with a hint of mauve. It looks great, is not at all shimmery and stays on for hours. Like any cheapo blush though, the brush and compact are crap. There is a mirror on the compact but it's tiny. For just over 3 dollars though, who cares? Great find.

on 9/21/2007 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wet'n'Wild blushes rock my world! This shade is a lovely deep, true pink shade with bluish undertones. It is matte and gives a great 'baby doll/just came in from the cold' look to cheeks. Decent lasting power and silky texture. I coughed up a whopping $2.77 for it at Walmart. Total steal.

on 8/25/2007 10:16:00 PM

Heather is a cool-toned, bright, deep pink blush that really wasn't suitable for me. I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones and on my skin, Heather really clashed. Even with a light hand, Heather seemed too much for me. I like other Wet 'n Wild blushes better such as Naive, Mellow Wine, and Pearlescent Pink.

Popular Blush Products