April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Thank you Makeupalley reviewers! What a find! The balm feels like a lemon sorbet as you scoop it out of the jar (a pea is enough for my face.. a tiny drop more if I am wearing lots of mascara), then as you massage it in it liquifies.. and takes away all the grime and products..it feels amazing. If wiped with a tissue, it leaves no residue. I still splash water of course and work in tiny bit of liquid soap just to convince myself that my face is really clean. Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by dk34

Removes all the makeup without leaving the skin tight or dry, but the packaging is a bit unsanitary since you have to dip your finger into it. Also hard to estimate how much product is needed per use, as opposed to the cleasing oil which comes with a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do the following: -

- take a small swab of Take The Day Off balm, rub it in my palms and gentlely smear it all over my face
- let the balm sink in my face for about a min or two
- dab off some of the balm with a tissue
- use luke warm water, work a bit of Rinse-off foaming cleanser onto my palm into a lather and massage over my face and be very careful around the eye area.

This procedure has successfully helped me take of all the makeup I use and own including water proof products.

Some other cleansers can't seem to remove the balm residue. With this product my face feels clean.

I do not think it would remove makeup in an immediate step but then again, I'm not keen on scrubbing my face very hard. I rather spend a few more minutes to remove the makeup delicately. The balm seems to do a great job with just melting off the makeup. Hope this insight works for you too!

Although I don't like the packaging I don't really think there is another way to hold it. Also it is a balm so you will not risk spillage like other liquid makeup removers!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Noddywoddydoodaa

I love this so flippin much! I have very acne prone, sensitive skin that breaks out over everything...but not this! It is a hard, slightly Vaseline like feel in the tub but you just scoop out the amount you need and start rubbing! Some people may find the fact that you have to scoop out the product a little unsanitary. I myself, do not care. I find it so much easier than pumping out oil onto my hand as i tend to spill that before it gets to my face.

This glides onto your skin and melts as you rub while melting make up at the same time. I use it more or less every single day and it works fine with heavy, full face make up as it does with lighter make up. Waterproof mascara is not a problem either (just may take a little longer to break up the mascara) and my lashes are not pulled, tugged or harassed in any way! In fact, ever since i started to use it my lashes are just so silky soft!

Hasn't broke me out or aggravated my skin and i find it perfect. Its lovely, a little pricey but so worth the price. Total HG and im so glad ive found the perfect MU remover! Im on my third tub! Go buy it, you wont regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by DrsWife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to use this product when I wear heavy makeup all day and its a little too set to remove with liquid cleanser. Feels nice and gentle and removes about 85-90% of makeup. I use it dry on my skin, rub for a minute then rinse. You will still need to use eye makeup remover but its good for heavy makeup over all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Oh, had this for about 2 years, does it's job nicely, but then again, so are all those cleansing oil I had. I bought it as a variety to all other cleansing lotions, as sometimes I love to dig my finger in and scoop products out, ie like some reviewers described as " the unsanitary, unhygienic way" yet no forms of bacterial infection occured, think about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Update: 10/13 I still love this stuff because it takes everything off and I do not need a separate eye makeup remover. However I go through the jar within 3 months and $36 plus tax is sort of expensive to keep repurchasing. I am also finding that this does slightly dry out my skin! I have been looking for a similar (cheaper) replacement and have yet to find anything.
***Original review:***
I think I've just found my HG cleanser!
I cannot use foaming cleansers anymore. I have tried many of them and my skin is always left feeling dry, tight and red.
This stuff glides over your skin, as you massage it you can see it melting your make up off.
It rinses clean, without residue, and it leaves my skin feeling the same as it did before I used it. No irritation, and no breakouts.
I can't believe it takes off absolutely everything, sunscreen, Revlon colorstay, waterproof mascara...I really mean everything!
I highly recommend this cleanser !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It melts in your hands and then glides over your face to remove all even the most stubborn eye makeup. No tugging, no tears, just smooth as silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing makeup remover. I purchased this because I felt like my previous makeup cleansers were too drying and harsh, and I didn't like how it burned my eyes when trying to rub off mascara. I rub my finger tips into the balm until it starts melting a bit into an oil, and then I rub it all over face (without wetting it) in circles for a minute. It quickly dissolves waterproof mascara and the notoriously hard-to-remove Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation, with ease. I then rinse with warm water, and it surprisingly comes off quite easily for something that feels so oily and petroleum jelly-like; I don't even feel like there is residue left over. I went over it with a toner, just to be sure it got everything off, and there was not a speck of makeup on the cotton pad!

I highly recommend this wonderful product as a fast, gentle, non-drying makeup and sunscreen remover. At $28.50, it's a bit pricy, but it's a nice-sized 3.8 jar, and only a little bit of product is needed each use, so I feel like it is worth it. I will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great cleansing oil that emulsifies with water and rinses away nicely. I use Avene Cleanance Gel afterwards as I'm oily, acne proned but my skin doesn't feel greasy after using just this balm.
I've started using Revlon Colorstay and this removes it really well. I was worried about the price and quantity, but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does seem to last a long time. I've used it many, many times and the jar has hardly got a dent in it. I wish was cheaper, but at the sametime I will keep using this for now, as it works and doesn't give me breakouts. It's also easier for me to get than a Japanese oil online etc. I can get this easily in the UK.