July 28, 2014 | 1792 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm obsessed with this cleansing balm!

I bought it two months ago and am already half way through. Not bad for other products but this should last many months cause a little goes a long way... It's a balm that turns to an oil, melts away even stubborn eye make up with ease.

Kind of feels like a facial too, cause you can get a good massage going on with it. Rinses off with water, but I like to use a warm flannel or muslin cloth. Or when I've had a merry night a keep it buy my bed and use wipes! Bad I know, but at least I'm taking off me makeup.... :)

5/5! Love this balm.

I want to try the darphin one next, but it's much more expensive... we'll see!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use my own oil concoction to remove makeup and then use Cerave Hydrating cleanser to remove residue. This combination has worked well for years, and my skin is in great condition. Now in my late thirties, I've expanded my skincare routine and use toner and a nightly exfoliator as well. It's a lot of steps, and sometimes at the end of the day I just want to crawl into bed and forget the whole thing.

I recently spent several days at a friends house and forgot my face kit. She share her Clinique Take the Day of Balm with me, and after my stay I can say that I'm hooked. It is the only cleanser I've ever used that quickly removes all traces of makeup without drying my face up like the Mojave or leaving behind a greasy residue. It leaves my skin clean and soft and radiant. My sensitive skin had absolutely no reaction to it. Yesterday I picked up my own tub and am pleased that I have cut at least one step out of my routine as this does remove makeup and cleanse all at once.

The texture is thick, but it spreads easily and becomes oil-like on the skin. Once you rinse with water, however, it is rinsed clean unlike most oils I have tried. Some people won't like the jar packaging, but I don't think the texture would work in any other medium. Besides, if you wash your hands and put the lid on immediately, the jar packaging shouldn't be a problem.

This is a fantastic product and one that I don't see myself ever straying from.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Nick169

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a disappointment! This did NOT remove my long wearing makeup like the woman at the Clinique counter swore it would. I used this dry on my face, THEN washed with my 3 -step foaming cleanser. Next, I used my 3-step toner, and there was STILL makeup on the cotton pad!
This product probably does wonders for regular wearing makeup, but does not do anything to long wearing foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear to be exact). I will be returning this VERY expensive container of waxy oil this weekend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How can this be so different from the cleansing milk? That was really stingy and I couldn't use it even round my eyes - this stuff is amazing!

I bought this as a splurge as £20.50 is pretty eye-watering for a cleanser, however, I would buy it again as it is phenomenal.

Rubbed between the palms, it changes from a solid to a liquid which is smoother and easier to spread than coconut oil. It takes off everything really easily - even waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner. I use about a marble size, and then use a tissue afterwards. It doesn't irritate my skin, or my eyes. I was very very vigorous round my eyes due to liner and mascara but it didn't sting or make the skin feel tight or sore.

I know some people feel it is unhygienic, but it personally doesn't bother me at all. It's a lot easier than using any type of oil, and it does a better job as well. It gets things off more quickly.

I would buy this again as I love it - the price is the only thing to put me off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I am lazy about taking my makeup off, which is why this product is the BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY FACE. I now again have real eyelashes, because I am getting every last trace of mascara off. No need for eye makeup remover. I am continually checking the Clinique website to ensure that this product has not been discontinued. Understand, I have little or no product loyalty to anything but this. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. Every bit of foundation comes off gently, easily. The balm once warmed up transitions to a light water soluable oil, and washes off beautifully. Wonderful product. Can't recommend it highly enough.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by bobbywoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG makeup remover. Iíve been using it for a couple months now and its true love! I have dry, irritable skin and this is very gentle for me. I get none of the tight, dryness that I get from other cleansers. It comes in a big pot type container and is solid in form. I scoop out a bit with the back of a fingernail and warm it in my hands. It turns from solid form to an oily consistency which is then applied to the face and rubbed in. It melts away my mascara (I donít wear waterproof), long wearing foundation and sunblock. Then you simply rinse off with water and there is no oily residue left. Skin is left smooth, clean and hydrated. When I use my toner I get NO leftover makeup on my cotton ball like I do with other makeup removers. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

This stuff is pretty good. I find the whole process of taking my makeup off with it a bit of a palaver, not least because I have to cleanse afterwards with another cleanser to avoid breakouts from using it, but it is very effective at dissolving the makeup. I don't much care for the big jar that you have to keep sticking your fingers in over and over again - I'd prefer a tube. Nonetheless, I can't think of anything else I've used that's done such a good job, so I probably will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this product three tries. Each time it would irritate my skin and leave it dry, itchy, patchy and VERY red. I really wanted to like it since it cleansed the face very well. Will not buy again and don't even know what to do with the 3/4 of the product remaining.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this one because it's kind of like an unscented version of Eve Lom, and I attributed the redness and burning that I got from the EL to the essential oils. Unfortunately, my skin turns pink and flushed as soon as I begin to smooth this on, and when I rinse it off it's dry, tight, irritated, and flaky. Is it the emulsifying ingredients or preservatives that don't agree with me? I don't know.

Using it is pleasurable, though, and it takes off all makeup really easily. I can see why it's popular with those with tougher skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kiltedkate30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing ever breaks me out but sadly this one did. It took me ages to work out what was going on but the minute I stopped using it all skin problems stopped. I guess it just didn't agree with me and was too clogging. Also, the packaging lends itself to contamination and general greasiness.