November 22, 2014 | 1723 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this compact in Soft Beige from AllCosmeticsWholesale.com for $33 USD. I was pretty psyched about the price! Came with the whole compact, boxed, with the cute little black cloth cover for the compact and everything. I think it might have been cheaper because this is the original formula, because from what people are saying, it was more oil controlling and felt dryer than the new formula.

It's definitely extremely oil controlling, I tried it as a powder foundation on my face on a dry day, and it looked really powdery/cakey :-/. Then I looked at some reviews here and tried it over my moisturizer as someone had suggested, and it was completely awesome. I usually use MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (C4), but I heard this was better at not creating breakouts, which I definitely agree with. I also did not have to touch it up at all to maintain a fairly matte look for the 7 or 8 hours I wore it. The Soft Beige was a good match for me, as well, and covers up redness very effectively.

I would definitely buy it again, in fact I'm considering a back-up before they sell out of this, because I'm sure at around $30 for the genuine article these things will fly. I love having this in my purse, it would be nice to have one to leave on the vanity as well.

******

Edit; Just double checked on the box after looking up info on the new formula. This IS the new one, so I'm shocked that some people feel it isn't dry/oil controlling enough! It's super dry to me, but everyone's skin is different I guess *shrug*.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

Goes on flawlessly.
Light coverage
Looks natural.
Matte finish.
Not drying for my combination skin.
Control oil and shine on my t-zones.
SPF 10
For everyday use but not for those who needs more coverage.
Expensive but a little goes a long way. I have mine for over a year and it's not even half-way done.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by georgia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best. The cheap alpha hydrox lotion, with this compact applied with a wet sponge on top, and touchups dry later in the day, is what saved my face. It is BEAUTIFUL and easy to use. Try it if you have trouble finding a foundation that doesn't break you out. Almost everything gives me nightmare acne, this does not. Plus, the compact is awesome.

It took me two tries to get the right color. Don't be afraid to go back and exchange, and if you look chalky applying it dry, mist your face with water and pat with the sponge. It's instant foundation, so don't be surprised it needs water to set. It will be set all day, so it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have awful skin. It's combination oily with dry patches, acne-prone, the tone is all uneven...it's not pretty. You would never guess that I have such horrible skin when I am wearing this foundation. I've been using it for about 9 years now since I was a teenager and I first started breaking out and it really saved me from being self-conscious about my acne. Now at age 24 I still get fairly decent breakouts, mostly around "that time of the month," with the worst part being I get red marks that last for a week or two where any blemish has been. This foundation hides the actual blemish pretty well and covers the resulting red marks completely with just an extra dab on each mark. The rest of my face only needs a very thin layer to even out the tone. The ONLY bad thing is that at the end of my 12 hour shift my face looks pretty oily, but I do have very oily skin and hell, after 12 hours I'm surprised it still looks as good as it does! The red marks stay covered, so that's pretty great. I'm sure if I used something underneath the makeup to absorb the oil it would eliminate that problem...but it's really not bad enough for it to be that important. I've tried switching to other, less expensive foundations, but I always find myself going back to Chanel Double Perfection because nothing else gives me such flawless results. The actual compact is $50 with the refill at $40. It may seem expensive but since only a small amount is needed for perfect coverage, it lasts for a really long time. I generally use it 4-6 days a week and it lasts for months, so it's definitely worth the price.

SIDE NOTE: I buy this online now, but when I used to buy it in the store the girls would try to talk me into buying a slightly lighter shade than my actual skin color because it supposedly darkens as it sets. Well, it doesn't. I have fair to medium skin which tends to be significantly lighter in the winter when I lose my tan and a full shade darker in the summer when I'm hitting the beach. I wear a 3 during the winter and a 4 during the summer. One time they talked me into getting a 2 during the SUMMER and holy crap I looked like a Geisha Girl. I took it back the next day and got a 4.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the second lightest shade, which is a fairly good match. It goes on a little powdery, and reminds me of MUFE. It does settle in and look flawless within about 10 minutes. The problem with this new formula is that within an hour, it has oxidized a little and no oil control.
I expect that from clinique powders, but not $50 chanel powders.

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA of chanel. i guess i will stay with shiseido and yves for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by tiffboon

Don't let the CC logo fool you! This powder is horrible. I felt twenty years older with this on. The coverage is kind of sheer and the color selection is so far off. I hit pan within a month and it did nothing for my skin. It didn't absorb oil, it was just like smearing color onto my face. I have to be honest though, I originally purchased this so I could bust out my Chanel compact whenever I had to. Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I puchased this product because of the good reviews on MA. After an hour of wearing I was already oily and by the end of the day my face was more greasy than ever before. I had high expectations due to the price and it being a chanel product. I was matched up for color and after about 2 hours I looked orange. Totally disappointed!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by chooch23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder for more than 9 years continuosly and it works wonders. I do however have very oily skin and I have to retouch my makeup throughout the day but I don't think there's ever getting away from my oily skin. I was thinking of maybe looking into another powder though just to try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LindaKim07

I bought this at the Duty Free on a whim and I have to say I am satisfied with the product. I do not use it as foundation alone, instead I use it to touch up through out the day. It provides medium coverage which can pile up on my liquid foundation. It glides on well and gives a nice matte velvet-like finish. The packaging is nice but a bit bulky. Maybe thats a good thing so i dont have to dig though my purse to find it. I think I paid about $40 for it and I dont feel its pricy because I have had it for 2 1/2 months now and barely made a dent.So it should last me a while. Overall, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by CynthiaStrange

Great powder product for me and now that I am in my thirties i sometimes can't wear powder. This stuff rocks, great cute compact. It is expensive but gives me a porcelain doll look.