April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

please do NOT be afraid to put this on your face! i once was a skeptic...I dont suggest putting regular olive oil...please make sure it is extra virgin....it is super moisturizing and comes in handy when trying to removed make up specially water proof mascara....this makes it come right off like butter!!! doesnt irritate my skin and doesnt cause any break outs....it is healthy to eat and great for the face what more can we ask for...it buy the huge bottle at SAMs club for about 7-8$ and it lasts for EVER! I have 2 small bottles...one in the shower and one by my sink which i refill as i need :) i will ofrver use this product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

very multi functional, i love to use this as a scalp masque every few days, i am trying to grow out my hair and i've heard it works wonders. so far it has given me very lustrous, shiny, soft hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, the terminology is incorrect Olive oil is an emollient not a "moisturizer" altho' the latter term is pretty confusing.. If you apply it after cleansing, after a shower or bath, while skin is damp, it will trap the moisture ( water) in your skin really nicely - but yes, it can be messy. I like to put it on my feet, then put on socks over night. Or to use a tiny tiny tiny amount after a shower and rub into the skin - especially legs.NOT so much you see the oil.

One very good thing about olive oil if you use it to remove eye makeup or to protect that fragile undereye area - it is not only gentle, but doesn't cause allergic reactions. It is safe to use for people who must be extraordinarily careful.I wouldn't - having had acne problems - apply it to areas that are already oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best natural moisturizer around! I use it as a hot oil treatment, a sealant and an everyday body oil. This stuff is way better than most products that claim to be effectively moisturizing! My hair is coarse and kinky but after I section it up and coat it with this bad boy, my hair feels soft and easy to style. The bonus it does for my skin is that it keeps it healthy and supple. I love using it right after a nice, warm shower. Works waay better than any man made lotion in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the best kept beauty secrets for hair. I apply a generous amount into my hair before washing it and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes in a bun. Once in the shower i rinse it out with water and then apply my shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels extremely soft and silky for days after. I do this routine probably once a week and it helps keep my hair healthy and strong. For best results, the highest quality should be used but if you don't want to shell out a bunch of money then just use whatever is in your kitchen pantry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Josie Maran's argan oil, the smallest bottle for 14 bucks (wow). Used it for about two weeks, didnt see any difference whatsoever. I'd wake up in the morning and I noticed a lot of white flakes around my chin, which happens a lot during the cold months here in Chicago. Anyway, decided to give olive oil a try and boom! Literally, after one night i saw a difference. It's a miracle, im so greatful for this site, otherwise i would of never known! My 19 year old sister suffers from really bad acne so I truly hope this will help her too. Will update on her skin in a few weeks :)

EDIT: I have been using this for a week and I have the nastiest pimples on my forehead and chin. One huge and painful right on top of my lip. Ugh. Not cute. I'm not sure if I'm "purging"...will continue for another week and I'll update.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by simms2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! i have hormonal acne which is now starting to clear up since i use benzaclin for my face which is a very strong prescription cream that is the only thing that clears up my acne. unfortunately it leaves my skin dry incredibly dry and a lot of moisturizers didn't help at all and some even burned due to the medication but then i decided to use olive oil since i had use olive oil to remove makeup when im out of my cold cream. ppl don't confuse olive oil with other oils thinking it will break you out it actually is great for acne prone skin and it is the only thing that makes me skin look amazing. it is the most natural thing you can use and the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

I can't live with out this! I use this in my homemade makeup remover and my skin has seriously changed bc of it. I have a healthier glow about my face before bed now as it really helps break down the gunk from my day.

I use 50% Olive Oil and 50% Witch Hazel in a bottle then shake it up and use a cotton ball to remove all my makeup each night. This is such a wonderful way to help kill bacteria on your skin and gently calm any angry spots. (i.e. Hormonal Acne.)

Just makes sure you really wash your face good to cleanse off any oil residue and you'll be as good as gold!

Took my skin a week or so to get used to this but now it's very happy I use it.

*note* Make sure it's COLD PRESSED when buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I use it for:

Face oil cleanser
Face oil moisturizer with/without niacinamide
Face oil steam treatment
Face and eye MU remover
Face primer
Body moisturizer, post-shower
Body scrub, with sugar-lime-salt or loofah
Hair conditioner and moisture-sealer, post-wash/rinse
Mittens and tootsy treatment

PROS (so far no CONS):
Non-comedogenic on scalp/face/body
Thin/med texture
Super-fatted
Multi-use and a good back-up for other HGs
Affordable and easy to find/store

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it a very good moisturer for your face And it leaves your sking soft and it not only for your face too sometimes I like to put it into the tub on a winter day because it brings all the moisture back to your skin