September 19, 2014 | 1258 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy. Grail.

I have been suffering from really terrible hormonal cheek acne from my bout with Loestrin (since stopped that and gone onto Gianvi) and it has been a really painful process to the point where my skin is severely damaged from my cheeks to jaws to chin. I am in the recovery phase currently where I still have a blemish here and there (4 on my face at a time) but very bad scarring.

This helps so much to moisturize my face and lighten redness/scarring. I've seen my skin go from dull and red (due to retinoids which I've since stopped) to bright and moisturized. I realized by using this product that the problem with my skin is that its TOO DRY and then it overproduces oil, causing acne and exacerbated by the progestin in Loestrin. It has been a very serious battle... let me tell you.

I use a gentle cleanser (Purpose) and then mix EVOO with my Nivea Soft moisturizing cream and put it on my face with a Q-Tip (being extra careful because hands can have bacteria). So happy with its moisturizing effects and that it doesnt clog my pores.

I can say that I avoid my nose when using this because I noticed that oils can make blackheads look bigger. EVOO has completely cleared up my forehead... I can't wait to see how far it'll take my skin in this recovery. A blessing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

best makeup remover na. I use it nights to get off concealer/powder/eyeliner/mascara/lipstick etc etc and follow up with my usual cleanser. I also use it most mornings mostly as a buffer to ensure that my skin is totally clean but also to keep my cleanser from stripping my skin too much. definitely recommend that you wash this off with a cleanser just because removing it with water alone won't get it all off (it's really good at clogging pores) and because removing it with a washcloth requires you to be too forceful and could damage your skin in the long term. either way I really like it and I've never had any serious issues!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to remove makeup every night and it works a charm. Definetly hop to the store and pick it up! Best makeup remover ever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know, I know. Olive oil as a beauty product sounds ridiculous.Let me change your mind! I started dabbing olive oil onto my face five days ago and it has worked absolute wonders. I don't have problem skin--just run of the mill combination skin and a pimple every blue moon (usually due to academic stress)--but my dark spots and acne scars are fading and I've noticed that my face looks less red, too. I have oily skin and was very hesitant to try this because I'm, well, slathering fatty oil all over my face, but it's super absorbent and doesn't make you look more oily or anything. Quite the opposite. Another benefit: IT'S CHEAP AS HELL and you probably have olive oil in your kitchen pantry right now! Go try it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by skincarenightmare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading these reviews on this site about extra virgin olive oil and helping get rid of getting dark circles under the eyes I thought what the heck I have tried everything else. I applied it under my eyes just before bed. I now believe miracles do come true as the circles under my eyes have faded. After one week use the dark circles are non existent. Thanks to you all for the wonderful beauty tips. Keep the beauty tips coming.

ps Menopause has reared it's ugly head and played havoc with my facial skin. Extra virgin olive oil is now my go to as a makeup remover and moisturiser after buying nearly every product on the market including Rosehip Oil . I do get comments about how beautiful and young my skin looks and it feels so soft. If it was good enough for Cleopatra it is good enough for me.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

EVOO is a MIRACLE for my skin. This is an absolute HG product for me.

I have chalky, dry skin prone to flaking and dry patches. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers, serums, exfoliators, masks, etc, and nothing gives me results like olive oil does. After removing my makeup at night and cleansing my skin I just massage a little bit of EVOO into my face and leave it on overnight. It leaves my skin absolutely gorgeous and glowing. I notice less blemishes and reduced fine lines as well. I now get complimented on my skin all the time and always recommend it to people asking what my secret is!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by calooza

My country produces olive oil (Portugal) so we have very good quality here for cheap prices.

I tried last year but somehow i notice many clogged pores, so i stopped using it... I wasn't really sure it was EVOO causing those clogged pores. That time i massaged it on my face, go directly to the shower and after a few minutes letting the steam open my pores, i would use my regular cleanser.

This year, i tried Revlon Colorstay for the first time and i loved it. But as everyone may know, the big challenge is to take it off your face... So i reached for EVOO again, and never stopped using it. But now i massage it in my face, remove it with a paper tissue and the in the shower i use my regular cleanser to make sure i don't have any oil residue, and my pores are deep clean. My skin improved a lot, i have less blackheads. And no breakouts at all. Very satisfied.

It also removes my eyemakeup very well.

Very cheap and effective makeup remover :)

UPDATE:
I now use EVOO just to take my eye makeup off. I find that using it on my face was making me more oily... But it's a very effective makeup remover.

UPDATE 2: i stopped using it. They're better alternatives to take my makeup off (my skin is really picky, so i don't mind spending a little money if the product is really worth it)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm Greek and Sicilian so naturally olive oil is common in my house. I have oily skin so wouldn't dare use this anywhere on my face. I have used it on my body before but I really dislike it because it doesn't sink in well and makes me a little itchy. I've tried it to remove mascara and although that works my eyes sting like crazy. However, EVOO is my all time favourite dark hair conditioning treatment found from the David Suzuki website. I mix 2 parts honey to 1 part EVOO (usually I do 2 tbsp honey to 1 tbsp olive oil for mid length hair) and leave it in my dirty hair for about 5-10 minutes. I find I like the honey mix because it keeps it sticking in the hair so oil doesn't get everywhere and it's a similar pH. You can keep this mixture for a few months in case you have extra. It takes 2 shampoos to get out. I haven't conditioned afterwards but I'm sure if you feel, you can. My hair is incredibly smooth, shiny, and easily tamed after and I live where there is extremely hard water. Basically it works because EVOO can penetrate the hair shaft and honey as humecant attracts moisture. I can leave my hair unwashed for a full 3 days whereas I'm an everyday washer otherwise. I try doing this at least twice a month. This is an HG treatment for me. I have some raw honey I want to get rid of so will try that next time and heat the two together to mix a little better. My friend who is Egyptian with coarser hair than mine loves leaving olive oil in her hair overnight with a towel wrapped around it. She's got such a great head of hair. Definitely worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kahzoo3

I mix sugar and evoo into a paste. Then I put it into a baby food jar. Now I have a great hand or facial scrub that leaves my skin feeling so soft and dewy. It's cheap, organic & great!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

I just washed my face with evo because I had three pimples that are quite big.i used it massaged it all over my face then rinsed with water.then I use a facial foaming cleanser from ponds and that was it, and just after an hour my pimples were FLAT! I'm gonna use this again tomorrow and the next days and see what difference it could really make on my skin.just try it out n trust In it.:)