Sugar

Price: $

Sugar

on 6/22/2010 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use brown sugar for a less course scrub, and white sugar for some serious scrubbin'. I just mix 1-2 tbsp into my face wash (I use Johnson and Johnson Head to toe baby wash) and gently massage with my fingertips. I suggest doing this in the shower where it is easier to wash it away from the bathroom thorougly, otherwise the ants may come marching.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I looove sugar as my primary scrub now! It does everything that everyone has said and more. I mix it with lavender scented baby oil to scrub my whole body. I mix it with my philosophy face wash or dove bar lather for my face. I am going to try brown sugar next :-)

Another use I discovered: My 6 y/o son came out of his room after he had drawn a mustache and beard on his face with a ELECTRIC BLUE SHARPIE...UGH! I sent him to wash it off and he was left with an electric blue ring around his mouth. I mixed dove lather with sugar and gently scrubbed...and...voila! No more sharpie. Amazing.

on 5/10/2010 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My first attempt into Bubbi's scrub didn't quite work well, it was messy, and I was all over the place. The smell of the cider vinegar smells yuk and I never even felt my sugar working. hahahaha

i am so going to attempt using it this weekend, see if it works better :)

I try for the first time sugar scrubing last night and I was absolutely amazed by the result! I skin was so soft. I never had this result with any other kind of scrub. It will save me a lot of money,
However I think it might be too harsh for my face

on 3/31/2010 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been sugar scrubing for months now, I do this twice a week, and it's GREAT. It leaves my skins super smooth and ready for a mositurizer, and prepares my skin for shaving:)
Kinda harsh for my face, but I use this on my Neck down, and it's G-R-E-A-T-! Yay for natural products! :)

on 3/31/2010 11:30:00 AM

Great exfoliator.
Just be careful when rinsing it off that you don't get sugar everywhere - the ants will come for it.

on 3/7/2010 11:26:00 PM

I tried a sugar scrub a while back and I don't recall being very blown away by it. But then I was visiting my pet grooming forum (I work in a dog grooming shop, just to clarify) and people were talking about using sugar scrubs on dogs and how great it is for their skin. Then someone added that sugar has amazing healing properties. You can pack it on a wound and it will heal faster. You can use powdered sugar on a dog's nail if it's cut too short. So I figured I'd try a sugar scrub on my own skin again, but this time I'd leave it on a little longer than just a scrub scrub rinse. I used a good bit of sugar, added a little water, scrubbed for about 20 seconds and let it sit for a minute before rinsing, and my skin has never felt so soft. I have used so many products for my face, but my new HG exfoliant is sugar.

on 3/6/2010 6:17:00 PM

This is the most affordable scrub for everybody.I try once for face but is too much for my sensitive skin,but after my first experience on..using sugar and on my body..from then i quit spending money on body scrub.I love to find new combinations..i love mixing with scented oils sometimes..but most i love how soft is my skin. Simply I LOVE IT :◕‿◕o

on 2/28/2010 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

BROWN SUGAR~I have been using this for as long as I can remember as a facial scrub. I mix it with coconut oil and scrub my body in the shower. For my face I use JUST dark brown sugar. Of course, dark brown sugar is the softest and has the highest amount of molasses...which is the "active" ingredient. Molasses balances the PH of your skin and nutures your skin, whilst tightening pores.

on 2/27/2010 11:16:00 AM

Works excellent as both face and body scrub, so much better than the chemical exfolicants. Personally, I find the sugar I use for cooking too harsh for facial skin so a tip for Canadians : the sugar from Tim Horton's sugar packet has the perfect granule size. Not too harsh but enough to give a good scrub.