November 20, 2014 | 1947 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by em1387

I LOVE THIS! the texture is smooth enough for my sensitive skin and it does wonders. if only it wasn't so expensive! i nearlly fainted when i saw how much it was in the shops (a friend gave some to me as a present). and the jar even though it's not glass any more, still is annoying to use. but i'm willing to oversome that because the product is so nice! definitely a HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 7:28:00 AM More reviews by misswillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scrub does make your skin feel absolutely lovely, without the stinging that some salt scrubs can give you. It really does give me the smoothest skin I've had since I was a bubba.

On the downside, it's quite expensive, the smell doesn't really do it for me, and the metal on the jar has rusted really quickly in the bathroom (and where else am I going to keep a body scrub!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by LucyLucyLucy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the product but hated the packaging. It is heavy and if you get all greasy in the bath, the heavy jar slips out of your hand easily. If ythey re designed the package, they would surely have a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2004 6:53:00 AM More reviews by siufu

Nice and gentle, but I hate the glass jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Pronuptia

Smells divine and leaves my skin feeling exfoliated but not dried out. A nice, gentle scrub.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 5:16:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rather dissapointed with this product. I was sucked in at the store because the SA did a demo of the scrub and cream on my hands.. and it looked good at the time. Got home - and this is such an impractical scrub to use!! For one, the kar is an airtight clamp contraption.. and the scrub itself is practically solid. At the store - they have wooden spatulas, but my bathroom isn;t exactly a display area.. so the spatula isn't too practical for me. Granted this is a great for dry skin - as it doesn't dry it out any further but I really don't think it exfoliates much. The scent is unique and pleasant... but overall - it was too much to pay for a rather average and impractical product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2003 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Caffeine

Definitely not a bathing pleasure during the scrubing as it feels too rough against my skin. Anyway, after use, my skin feels really smooth,soft and moisturisered. But I still
recommend applying lots of body cream after use to prevent dryness later on. To

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2003 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Mojo321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have repurchase this product at least three times now if this gives you any idea how I feel about it. I get these nasty little bumps on the tops of my arms and this is the ONLY thing I have ever found that makes a difference. Not to mention that it is fantastic for feet, elbows, legs etc. I really can't say enough good things about it. Like many other reviewers, I'm not a big BS fan, but I'll keep coming back as long as they have this scrub around!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by vichandoko

After reading the reviews here, i decided to give it a try. It really feels great, much smoother skin and some scars marks lighten a little right after the first use. And the light buttery smell makes me feel sexier. Fit my expectation perfectly. The next day, i went around recommending it to all my friends. A little expensive though.
But when used it the second time round this week, somehow it doesn't feel as good as before. Don't know whether it's just my imagination or anyone of you out there experiencing this?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 2:54:00 AM More reviews by TheaRose

I almost love this scrub. It comes in a fairly large faux-glass mason jar (with a latch that has a tendency to rust but otherwise seals well). The salt grains are effective but not harsh, and the shea butter base is very moisturing. It's great on my legs, but unfortunately I can't use it on my breakout-prone back.