The Body Shop Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a fantastic product! I've tried a wide variety of body scrubs, from the cheap drugstore kind right through to (quote, unquote) "premium" brands such as Clinique. This scrub wins hands (and body!) down.
The salt scrub granules are quite fine, but they get the job done surprisingly well. It has a divine light fragrance that lingers after the scrub's been rinsed off. I was really surprised and pleased at how great my skin looked and felt after using Africa Spa scrub.
Whilst it looks good in the store, the packaging is really impractical in the bathroom. The jar is awkward and clunky and the latch on the side of the jar takes quite a bit of pressure to "snap" open. It’s not “shower-friendly” at all. The other downside for me was the price. I nearly died when the salesgirl told me the price for a 350 ml jar. At AUD. $49.95, it's more expensive than "premium" department store scrubs I've tried in the past. If The Body Shop were willing to redesign the packaging and reduce the price a little, they'd have a sure-fire hit on their hands. However, if you have the means, don't let the somewhat exorbitant price put you off trying this product. It’s a real 'honest-to-goodness' beauty product gem.

I love this product for the fine salt crystals and great fragrance!
Exfoliates nicely and leaves skin smooth and softly glowing with a touch of a warm,sensual fragrance. I believe this is TBS's star product in Singapore. Price wise is $49.90 for 350ml, which is slightly more expensive than the other oily scrubs offered by TBS! Rinses off nicely without stickiness. I stay in a humid country and does not like overly "moisturising" scrubs! Definately buy it again, esp when it's on sale!

I was disapointed with this product. It is really gentle and i was hoping for something a bit more gritty. It smells really purfumey. It did make my skin soft though. It comes in a pretty jar, and it hasnt rusted for me because i keep it in the cabinet, but it will rust if you leave it near water. this product did not impress me.

I LOVE THIS! the texture is smooth enough for my sensitive skin and it does wonders. if only it wasn't so expensive! i nearlly fainted when i saw how much it was in the shops (a friend gave some to me as a present). and the jar even though it's not glass any more, still is annoying to use. but i'm willing to oversome that because the product is so nice! definitely a HG for me!

This scrub does make your skin feel absolutely lovely, without the stinging that some salt scrubs can give you. It really does give me the smoothest skin I've had since I was a bubba.

On the downside, it's quite expensive, the smell doesn't really do it for me, and the metal on the jar has rusted really quickly in the bathroom (and where else am I going to keep a body scrub!).

I loved the product but hated the packaging. It is heavy and if you get all greasy in the bath, the heavy jar slips out of your hand easily. If ythey re designed the package, they would surely have a fan.

Nice and gentle, but I hate the glass jar!

Smells divine and leaves my skin feeling exfoliated but not dried out. A nice, gentle scrub.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Rather dissapointed with this product. I was sucked in at the store because the SA did a demo of the scrub and cream on my hands.. and it looked good at the time. Got home - and this is such an impractical scrub to use!! For one, the kar is an airtight clamp contraption.. and the scrub itself is practically solid. At the store - they have wooden spatulas, but my bathroom isn;t exactly a display area.. so the spatula isn't too practical for me. Granted this is a great for dry skin - as it doesn't dry it out any further but I really don't think it exfoliates much. The scent is unique and pleasant... but overall - it was too much to pay for a rather average and impractical product.

Definitely not a bathing pleasure during the scrubing as it feels too rough against my skin. Anyway, after use, my skin feels really smooth,soft and moisturisered. But I still
recommend applying lots of body cream after use to prevent dryness later on. To

Top Rated The Body Shop Products