December 23, 2014 | 1423 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by SonyaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation well enough. The colors are fantastic. It looks really pretty and natural on. The texture feels smooth. However, it has next to nothing in staying power on my oily skin. Within a couple of hours most of it has disappeared and what is left has sunken into my pores. I like the Ideal Matte foundation much better. This is just not the one for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Amiepots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like many I bought this in Beech.
Now I have never gone to a counter before to buy makeup, I find it very off putting. I have had terrible acne well since I was born (baby acne) which left terrible scars over my cheeks, teenage acne also developed and has become a scurge which I cannot get rid of. Its made me totally self conscience. Anyway.
Next thing, I am so so pale. Beech is nice, and blends in lovely but is STILL slightly too dark (1/2 a lippy off for that :() again like many have said it needs a lot of re application (1/2 off for that too!). HOWEVER with idealist as a base, and lucidity powder over the top it does last a lot longer.
All in all I have found this foundation to be the best Ive bought, silky and non drying. Blends into skin absolutely flawlessly, and have covered my red scarring and indentations quiet well. It does come in a small bottle, but a little goes a really long way with this stuff, so its worth the cost and reapps.
Definatly will be my foundation of choice from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by BRIGITE

My shade is 1W1-Beech. This is a very natural coverage that exactly color matches with my skin. I sway between this and Lancome Color ID I-10 -depending on the coverage I need. While Individualist is very light, natural coverage the Lancome Color ID is more sheer and even less coverage. If I am not going to wear powder, I wear only the Individualist and it's enough to make pores look smaller, even out skin tone, and dry pretty matte to where it just looks like my skin with nothing else -but better! I took off 1 lippy for the price. It's steep to me, but I know good make up costs more so I will continue to buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by plumshower

I bought this product for my wedding, and I really liked it. I am very fair so I ended up with 1C1. It looks matte in the bottle but the coverage is very natural, and I wear a little L'Oreal Skin Lights on top over my cheeks for an added glow. Its best applied with sponges or brush because its quite thick, but it doesn't look maskey on. I find it a bit heavy for hot summer days though...for me its more of a 'special occasion' make-up...perfect for when you want great coverage but natural looking skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was unsure if I was going to like this foundation because I like powder foundations, but I've gotten so dry, I have had to switch back to liquid. I like a very sheer, natural coverage, and this definitely has provided that. I gave it 4 lippies, instead of 5, because it is a little difficult to spread; I have to mix it with my moisturizer, but other than that, I really like this foundation. I also like the packaging. It's lightweight and you don't have to worry about dropping it, since it's plastic. I'm very happy with the color, the finish, and the feel. Definite repurchase for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I really like this foundation. I defected to this from Clinique's Perfectly Real and I am glad I did. The creamy texture glides over skin like nothing I've experienced in a foundation, and lasts pretty much the whole day under normal circumstances. Looks like real skin, only better. It feels soooo good on! Price wise it is on the higher side of foundations, but IMHO it is worth it. Comes in a multitude of colors, so it shouldn't be hard to find a match. Love it. I have oily skin and this lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2006 5:20:00 AM More reviews by seasaildu

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: This is a pretty good foundation. I use the Beech color, and the tone match is just about perfect. This, and the fact that it blends pretty well and offers nice, light coverage, is why I rated it a 4. It's expensive, but not more so than any other department store brand, and you do get some bang for your buck in that this lasts for ages. I don't use it all over, just to touch up redness after I've put on a tinted moisturizer or SPF cream. It doesn't irritate my skin, like a lot of foundations do. Cons: The coverage doesn't last all day. If I used this all over my face, maybe it would last longer. But using it around my nose and eyes, it only lasts until the afternoon. So I have to reapply if I'm going out in the evening. Also, it does get cakey if I put it around my eyes. Pretty much all foundations will settle into the fine lines under the eyes, but this is a little more noticeable with the Individualist. I'd never wear this on my forehead, as it really emphasizes the lines there. Final complaint concerns the packaging. The bottle is sleek and small, so it fits into my over-crowded cosmetics bag. But I'm not sure how I'll get the last bit out without awkwardly attacking the bottle with scissors. A squeeze bottle would have been better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by martin722

I thought I was in heaven when I found this foundation in Beech 12. It was the PERFECT shade for my pale skin with too many pink undertones. I love it. But it only lasted about three hours, if that. By the end of the day it had totally faded and seemed to have made the rest of my cosmetics do the same. I guess it just didn't provide a good enough base for my other products. The texture and color are perfectly amazing, but it just isn't enough for the lack of staying power for me. Sorry Estee, I was really excited about it, but now I just feel let down.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone seems to like this, but I just don't. It looked thick and pasty on me and emphasized dry patches. The hairs on the side of my cheeks looked pasted down, like they do with my products that have sunscreen, tho this has no SPF. I was hoping I had found a pale warm foundation sans the breakout inducing SPF, but this one is a miss for me :( I really wanted it to work, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hiuc14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

In my bid to search for the perfect foundation for my combination, very pale uneven skin I came across this Estee Lauder Individualist Natural finish makeup! The first thing which struck me about Estee Lauder was the choice of colours, I was really impressed! I of course ended up with the palest which is 1w1. But using their Imatch system honestly gives u the perfect match, finish and coverage! Individualist is advertised for all skin types, i was a bit dubious about this having combination skin, but I have had no problems. The coverage is light but I have found using a sponge gives u a more medium coverage which covers all my flaws, the finish i find more Dewy than matte. I use this for an evening out as its got really good staying power! I sometimes have to add a bit of powder to my t-zone so not sure it would be as good for very greasy skin types. Very expensive but I have found its worth it, especially as I only use it on certain occasions.