July 25, 2014 | 1271 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by giannamoggs

A MUST FOR EVERY WOMAN OUT THERE!!! If you struggle with dry skin, split ends, slow hair growth, crazy eye lashes or even dietary needs, then this is for you. Pure, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil (extra virgin) is considered an all natural moisturizer that is safe for your skin, hair, and tummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Miracle product. I'll be buying this forever.

I use this to cleanse my face, see more under the oil cleansing method!

But my new favorite is: hair mask/treatment. I experimented with coconut oil before, but I didn't like it, I couldn't wash it properly, my hair still looked oily afterwards.

But a few months back, after getting back from a work trip I jumped into the shower, and washed my hair. My hair felt really dry, so I decided to put on some coconut oil. It was really hot that day so I skipped blow drying, and for my surprise the oil sinked in very well. Sure I had to wash it again the next day, and after blow drying my hair felt sooo goood. Unusually good. Nice, full, shiny. It looked like I had $300 blow dryer (and I don't).

So I'm doing this now at night once a week: wet my hair, put on coconut oil (I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil btw) sleep, wake up, wash my hair and voila. No coconut oil residue, nor oily feeling jut good hair.

Sure sometimes I didn't have the time, but my hair still felt good. So now I'm a believer that this stuff moisturizes and conditions your hair deeply.

One more thing: thanks to coconut oil dandruff is gone!

What else? Get this miracle worker now maybe?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

There are things I like Extra virgin coconut oil for, & things I don't. I originally bought this to use on my hair. I've been using it for a while (correctly as reccommended) & it leaves my hair shiny....but doesn't do much else. After a couple of uses, this also builds up in your hair like crazy. So, a good clarifying shampoo is VITAL or else your hair will be an oily greaseball until you clarify. As far as moisturizing goes, this honestly didn't really moisturize my hair...it just covered my hair in oil. Once the oil was washed out, no moisturizing effect was left behind. It actually (slightly) made my hair drier. From reading some of the other reviews, I am not the only person who had this same effect. I researched before buying this, & I bought the right type of coconut oil (suggested brand most people say to use), correctly applied it, & left it on for the correct amount of time.

This absoloutley has a strong ability to clog pores, so I would not reccommend people with sensitive skin/acne prone to use this on or near their face. If in question, do a small patch test prior. I DO like the way this tastes as a butter alternative, & I will use the rest of my jar for cooking purposes. As for hair & skin purposes go, I think I'll just stick to what I was previously doing for my whole life...it has always worked for me. I have used this to shave before, & it does do a good job at moisturizing skin...but the consistency is too thick for my razor. Regular lotion I use to shave with works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Hrtchoco

I love coconut oil. I use it on my hair, I use it on my body, i put it on cuts, I feed it to my dog and myself. I don't put it on my face since I feel it can clog my pores. It might not, but I rather not try.
I really love it on my hair. I put it in, leave it on for a few hours, wash it off. After a few uses, even my hubby noticed a difference. My hair got healthier, shinier and smoother. Now I use it about once a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a highly clog prone person, but I decided to experiment with coconut oil, out of curiousity. I put it on one 1/2 of my nose, for 4 days. At day 4, a new cyst was forming in the crease in my nose, and roughly 80% of my pores were clogged. The other half of my nose was normal. So, yes, this really is comedogenic. I found that I reacted to this significantly faster than my average reaction to moisturizers, which usually takes @2 wks.

Edit: Now it's 2 months out. I was looking at the clogs in my nose and realized that they were 10x worse on one side. Hmmm. I wonder why...OH WAIT. That's the side I tried the Coconut oil on! SO, I am 2 months out and that side of my nose is still feeling the negative effects of only a few days of coconut oil. Wowza.

I might add, this also gave me acne on my body. Ever had clogged pores on your legs? Not good.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this for a lot of beauty things, but mostly for hair. My favorite use is as an overnight hair mask. Before bed, Ill generously apply it all over my head, from root to tip. Then put a shower cap on, followed by a turbie twist. Wake up in the morning, wash it out, and voila! It literally makes my hair feel brand new. Like someone shaved my head and replaced it with brand new hair. I have wavy, somewhat coarse hair that I blow dry straight. Using coconut oil has made my hair more strong, healthy and manageable. Its so much cheaper than other expensive products that claim to do the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by caseyfa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was recently introduced to coconut oil when I started looking into the Primal Blueprint diet. Adding a bit of this to protein shakes gives them a faint yummy coconut taste, and is a healthful way to get good fats into your diet.

I then starting rubbing it into my skin and using it as a facial moisturizer. Heaven!! It has been scientifically proven to penetrate the cuticle of hair and to protect it from heat, UV rays and mechanical stresses.

My whole family uses it now after showering, and the results have been spectacular. I have particularly noticed a SIGNIFICANT softening of the keratosis pilaris on my daughter's arms after smoothing coconut oil on after baths. Nothing else I have tried has had this effect. I think because it penetrates the skin, it is able to really soften. I also put it on her hair before baths and also before she gets in the pool. She tends to get dry brittle sun and chlorine damaged hair in the summer, and this has significantly softened it. My whole family uses it as a sunscreen - in affords approximately 4 to 8 SPF and also protects against sun damage with it's anti inflammatory properties. I also put this in my hair and then braid it if I am going to be out in the sun, or swimming. I have not had an issue with using it on my face, but I notice that some people do, so proceed with caution.

And oh yes - massaged into my flaky itchy scalp before shampooing is a wonderful way to treat my cradle cap type dandruff. It may be it's antifungal properties that are helping here, as this type of dandruff is usually very responsive to antifungal shampoos. However, those shampoos are hard to come by, and don't work very well on my hair, so I prefer the coconut oil.

All this, and I HATE coconut. Those shredded coconut ice creams and candy's make my teeth crawl. But I love the results of this oil so much, that I am now liking the smell. :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. Sure it is not cheap, but a little goes a long way so you get your money's worth. I use this on my hair for a mask. You don't need a deep conditioner. I use it as a lip balm or lip scrub. I use it as a lotion which btw will make your skin ridiculous soft. I use it for shakes and recipes. I use it for my feet. My favorite product along with honey. Seriously there is so much you could do with coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. I have been using it in my hair for years. I have probably been putting the review off because it's been hard for me to find a shampoo/conditioner pair that I'm happy with and not allergic to, so I've been feeling for the longest time that perfect hair is right around the corner. Perfection has yet to materialize, but no matter what shampoo/conditioner I use, adding a bit of coconut oil every morning to my freshly washed or freshly rinsed hair (I shampoo every three days) seriously improves the way my hair looks. I put slightly more oil in my hair on days that I wash than on days that I rinse, but I never put on more than one to three dips of my fingertip up to the first joint into the liquid oil. I have found that different brands of EVCO seem to work quite differently -- I don't know why. I use Garden of Eden (the one pictured above), which melts into my hair and, although my hair isn't frizz-free (the reason I'm giving it four lippies and it has just missed HG status for me), it allows it to be healthy, and I am able to wear my curls down instead of pulled back into a ponytail. I have even, on occasion, gotten compliments on my hair, which never happened before I started using EVCO. When I used Spectrum brand, however, the oil laid on top of my hair, leaving it un-moisturized, yet still greasy.

Overall, I am very happy to have found an EVCO that works for my hair. It allows my thick, course, yet easily weighed down hair to be healthy and curly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by icallitbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair feels amazingly soft after using a few drops of this stuff. Like..it feels better than if I used any leave in conditioner or serum. I'm so glad I don't have to spend money anymore on expensive products. It feels like I never even put dye on my head.

I also put this on my face at night. I'm still on the fence, cause I have combination skin that's sometimes oily sometimes super super dry. I've had some breakouts, but also have been using a few other new things on my face as well so it's too soon to tell...

Either way, this is awesome for your hair.