July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nealy1365

This mascara to me is just okay. I received this in a set from Tarte and was excited to try it after so many glowing reviews on here and YouTube. Maybe I just hyped this mascara too much because it's just a decent mascara. I have naturally long lashes but this mascara just volumized my lashes. Now, this doesn't make this a bad mascara, but I just want a mascara that's lengthens and volumizes. I can fix this with a lengthening mascara but I don't usually like to do that, just because it takes some time. Overall, it's not horrible but I'm just not a huge fan.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by musicat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ULTA was having a sale on this mascara so I purchased it for only $10. I believe it retails for $18. The formula is prety dry, which is what I prefer. It makes my fine lashes thicker with some added length. I thought the black pigment could be a little more intense. I tend to use this mascara for my everyday look. If I'm going out I need something with a a little more oomph. It tends to flake after a few hours of wearing and it definitely doesn't last all day. Packaging was ok, seems like there isn't much in that skinny tube. Was worth the sale price but I won't be repurchasing. I will continue my hunt for the perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I simply adore this mascara and I have tried virtually everything out there. I expect everything from my mascara including volume, curl, length, definition and it must be easy to remove and I have no intention of losing lashes. This did an amazing job in every category. Plus the brush makes it so easy to apply because I get zero clumps! It's also a drier formula so it is easy to build and it doesn't smudge. Also interestingly enough it didn't look dry or flakey all through the Canadian winter which was so impressive because most mascaras look so brittle after being out in the cold as I wait to catch a bus. I have even been asked if my lashes were real wearing this. I would give this product a 6/5 if I could. I found my HG when I never thought I would be monogamous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara; it gives me just enough drama for everyday. It has a straight, standard-bristle brush with densely packed bristles. It goes on smoothly, layers easily, and doesn’t flake, clump, or smudge. I usually wear 2-3 coats for every day wear, and it makes my lashes look long, full, and curled. It removes easily and doesn’t irritate my eyes. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars is the price (I got mine super-cheap at a surplus store; otherwise, I never would have even tried it in the first place), and the bulky packaging. I am just not a fan of the faux-leather-croc-patterned packaging, and would much prefer if it was just a regular-old plastic tube. But the product itself performs well. I would recommend it, and repurchase, but only if I could find it on sale or as part of a set.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by msihavebieberfever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This for sure is one of my favourite mascaras! Definitely in my top 10 of favourites! This does everything a mascara should do, and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticianbabe14

I own over 30 mascaras and have tried so so many! This is in my top three favorites.
Pros- very lengthening and extremely thickening/volumizing
-layers easily, 2 coats for a dramatic look
-very dark on lashes
Cons-
Definetly needs 2 coats for big lashes
-flakes off a little throughout the day
-doesn't curl lashes but that is what curlers are for anyway
Have repurchased many times

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Hautebrilliance

This is a mascara that I would use when I feel like doing the natural look. It dosent really darken/thicken my lashes unless I use like 4 coats but there's no clumping. It separates nicely also. I do wish that the mascara would be darker though. The packaging is different but it's still cool.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LilMiissSinshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this last time I was shopping at Sephora and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't think it did a lot of what it said it would do, (curl lashes, extend) however, with that said it is decent for the days you are looking for a more natural look or are in a hurry and don't have time to do full eye makeup.

For the high price point, I don't think it is worth the money though, since it doesn't do what it says it does and there are tons of options out there if you are looking for a more natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I did not really like this mascara. It does not lengthen as much as I would like and I do not believe that it curls lashes. It is okay if you want a more natural look, but I think it is too expensive for what it offers. You need a primer with this product to get any drama. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm happy with this product. It holds curl well, separates, lengthens, doesn't run, doesn't clump, doesn't flake. Unlike others, I haven't had any trouble with the stuff drying out too quickly -- I've been using my current tube for about 3 months and it doesn't seem noticeably drier than it used to be.

Also, Tarte doesn't test on animals, which is important to me.

But I'm not so sure about the packaging or brush. I always get way to much on the brush and need to scrape it off before application or else it gets everywhere around my eyes. And the faux-croc purple packaging makes the tube huge and childish-looking...totally impractical.

Overall, though, this is a really nice product and I can get over the brush and the silly package.