December 17, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this at the recent sale at Ulta!! At first, I was turned off by the bad reviews- I don't want to lose any lashes!! But thankfully, I went ahead and purchased it with the mindset that if I didn't like it, I could return it (ulta's return policy is awesome).

Anyways, I've never purchased anything from Tarte let alone purchase makeup that's over $10. I'm a minimalist, as well as a person who doesn't wear face makeup (I don't need it). I was surprised to learn that Tarte is somewhat better in the ingredients field, as well as they don't test on animals! So I became happier with my purchase.

As soon as I put this on, I knew it was an amazing mascara! I've tried tons of mascaras and this is one of the more memorable ones of the bunch. The absolute best mascara that I've ever tried was L'Oreal Falsies I don't remember the exact name but it comes in a gold shiny tube. Unfortunately, they changed the brush and the formula sucks now apparently too. This tarte mascara isn't a fiber mascara so it won't give you extreme length but it does coat the tips of your lashes well without clumping, making them longer!

I really like it, and it comes off nicely with my homemade makeup remover consisting of either argan oil,almond or grapeseed oil & a baby wipe. I would not purchase this at it's normal price.

My absolute favorite is Benefit They're Real!! It's tough to come off without makeup remover though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Karinka21

SO this is a good mascara. It is not amazing but does the job. Removing this mascara is 100times easier than non-organic ones. Overall I like it, definitely suitable for people with sensitive eyes, however the packaging is so strange don't get it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read so many great reviews about this mascara that I thought it would be the mascara I've been looking for all these years. I finally gave it a try. It's definitely one of the smudgiest mascaras I have ever used. I know it is not waterproof, but I definitely had dark smudges under my eyes after only around two hours. This mascara does not hold curl. I honestly didn't see that much improvement in volume or length. For the same price, I'd rather buy 3 waterproof drug store mascaras.

Also, I don't care for the plastic snakeskin covering over the mascara. It doesn't seem sophisticated or cute.

It was easy to remove, which is nice, but I'd rather have a mascara that is hard to remove but stays on without smudging the entire day, than a mascara that smudges like crazy but comes right off with water.

I would definitely not recommend this to anyone. Due to the terrible smudging, I would honestly rather go without mascara than wear this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nothing bad to say about this mascara, however, the results are very similar to a drugstore mascara, it is separating and the brush reaches inner lashes easily, but it does not feel like a high end mascara and it is good for natural everyday looks...not much volume and nothing special about it, if you like natural lashes you are gonna love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Price is not very affordable but you do get quality ingredients that should be appreciated! If you read the ingredients there are things you can actually read so I give that credit.

Mascara is all individual and personal but it depends on what you are looking for in your mascara and that depends on what you have naturally.

I Have Naturally LITTLE tiny eyelashes so I tend to need length rather than volume. It holds my curl and it makes my eyelashes look like if I had extension. I especially love it because it clumps enough to add on length!!!!!!!!!! For volume I just add my covergirl all in one mascara in the blue tube.

I understand that a lot of people want to use only one mascara to do everything but the thruth of the matter is that will never be perfect because it cant target everything 100%! But The cover girl all in one is amazing to. It really does do everything but its more wet than the tarte. Both is my perfect combo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This was a product fail for me. Lots of length, nice separation & color, no clumps. So I will give this product two lippies instead of just one. But it didn't provide very much volume, which is important to me- I prefer a more dramatic look. More importantly this mascara gave me an allergic reaction or something, I experienced the worst eye irritation when I wore this. My eyes were bright red for a whole day, started getting better after I washed this off. I only wore it once. Chucked it in the trash, which is a shame because it's pricey. Must be an ingredient in Tarte products that I don't respond well to, same thing happened when I tried Tarte Multipleye Lash Primer.
Also, I hated the stupid packaging. It's like a purple faux-snakeskin pleather thing, what's that about?
Really didn't like this mascara, I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This mascara says it lengthens, volumizes, curls and conditions. It does lengthen and volumize but it doesn't hold a curl. I have sad straight asian lashes so this doesn't cut it in the curling department. The best mascaras for holding that curl are the Japanese ones in my opinion. I normally curl my lashes, and then apply mascara. With my Japanese mascaras, it keeps the curl, and with this one, as soon as I apply it, the curl drops entirely. I can't comment on the conditioning aspect of it as I haven't been using it regularly or long enough to say. The simple bristle brush applies the mascara well and separates lashes nicely without clumping. I didn't have any issues with flaking or smudging with normal use (not humid, no crying, etc.). I can't give it a higher rating because it doesn't keep my curl, but if this is not an issue for you then it might work for you! Also, although it adds volume and length, it gives quite a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite HE mascara formula. Usually I just use Maybelline Full n' Soft or Loreal Voluminous Million, which I pick up at CVS. I received this as a deluxe sample with a 500 pt perk and liked it so much that I purchased the full size after I had finished my sample. It gives my lashes a great feathery, voluminous, separated look which I absolutely adore. It doesn't flake and it holds curls really, really well. My only problem with the full size is the packaging, While the purple snakeskin definitely makes this mascara stand out, it's pretty bulky. ALSO I noticed that the gloppy formulation collects around the mouth of the mascara tube and gets squeezed out of the tube when the cap is screwed back on. Tarte REALLY needs to fix this as it wastes a lot of product. If it weren't for this issue, I would repurchase this mascara. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the free deluxe samples that come my way.

UPDATE: This is now my HG mascara. It seems like Tarte has updated the formulation or the tube. Now I don't lose as much product AND the mascara is ready to use right away (before I felt I had to wait a while for the wet formula to dry out a bit). I now like Tarte better than Maybelline Full n' Soft and L'oral Voluminous Million now and will continue purchasing. I've bought three full sized tubes already. This mascara is the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara at the moment! I don't even have to curl my lashes anymore. It separates, lengthens, volumizes and curls and holds the curl. Easy to remove also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I LOVE this mascara! It's rare for a mascara to blow me away. The only one that's ever done that has been Loreal Voluminous. I'm not a Tarte fan at all, but I got this as a sample for becoming a Sephora Rogue member. It's amazing! It's different from other mascaras in that it's a DARK, rich black. Yet it gives very soft, feathery, long, natural looking lashes. It doesn't clump, flake, or smudge. Totally worth it!