April 16, 2014 | 1742 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample. It's nice if you like really natural looking lashes, but I like mine to look big and dramatic lol so this is not something I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was almost the mascara that made a Tarte loyalist out of me. But then it wasnít.

You see, when I first started using my tube of Lights, Camera, Lashes I was in love. It applied easily, was easy to layer and the bristles of the brush were just perfect Ė even a klutz like me couldn't get mascara all over my non-lash eye-parts with such a great brush. Then it stayed on all day and I got compliments and had no trouble removing it at night. This blissful relationship lasted just over 3 weeks beforeÖ well, I donít know what happened really.

Suddenly my mascara was drier, thicker, difficult to apply. Flakes would find their way into my eyes a few hours into wear causing me to constantly wink and/or twitch at innocent passersby. And it just kept getting worse, noticeably, each and every day until LCL and I broke up and this tube went in the trash bin.

I imagine itís a possibility that I got an older tube or perhaps the extremely dry climate I live in was to blame (though said climate has not affected my other mascaras). I would probably give it another shot if I received this mascara as a gift or GWP or something but I donít see myself buying it again. The tube is such a great size for the $$$ but if I can only make it through a tiny amount before it dries up that kind of defeats the purpose.

Aqua, Alcohol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Candelilla Cera, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, VP/VA Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Aminomethylpropanediol, Chlorphenesin, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

We all have different ideas about how much a mascara "should" cost, so I'll simply say I purchased this for $19 USD and found it reasonable.

While it did dry up a bit sooner than I'd have liked, I found it to be a beautiful, high-performing mascara that offered both volume and length, without clumping, smearing, flaking, or making my lashes wire-stiff.

I find it superior to virtually all the drugstore mascaras I've tried, thus far, and for only a few dollars more than most.

Will repurchase and do recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this mascara. I have straight Asian lashes, and almost every other mascara immediately takes the curl out of my lashes immediately after application - this one actually holds it well, and for a long time. I also like that my lashes are still soft - my other favorite is Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof, which is a little clumpy and leaves my lashes stiff, so this is my go-to for a more natural look. I also ALWAYS get smudging from mascara because of my asian monolid eye and this is the only one where I don't experience smudging despite it's fairly wet formula. Very impressed. Will rebuy once I run out of the Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I'm giving this an average rating because I don't know how else to review it fairly. I had no idea this has snakey packaging! I'm scared of snakes and don't want to see the tube each time I use mascara so I am returning the product without using it.

Please change the packaging Tarte!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hated it. Made my lashes a tiny bit longer but got clumpy and they started to look spidery. No volume difference at all. I'll be going back to my Diorshow.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through one entire tube of mascara and I am torn between loving it dearly and truly hating it. At first it was on the wetter side of a mascara. It gave me the look I wanted fast: naturally bold, accentuated and feathery eyelashes. I wish it came in dark brown so it could look more believable though. I was drawn to its friendly minimal ingredient list. Through the entire use it never once smudged during wear. It very rarely flaked (once or twice out of five 8-hour work days) and it was so minuscule I could only see it up-close in a mirror. No mascara I have tried has stayed so flawless. Now, the packaging is bulky. I cut off the packaging around the handle so I could apply the mascara more freely. The excess material is wasteful and useless and if anything it is in the way. The real downfall though, is that this lasted only one month of regular use. It started out wet and I had to apply carefully and lightly, yet I got the look I wanted fast. I loved that! A few days of use I slowly needed to use more and more coats as the product dried up. I will not spend C$25 every month on mascara. That's $300 a year on just mascara not including shipping where I live! If it lasted longer for its price and came in a dark brown then I might consider this. The cost and overall lasting power of the product is quite disappointing. The product is said to be a conditioning mascara yet I found it made my lashes feel rough/dry with and without mascara.

Add-on worth mentioning: The brush was harsh on my lashes it is not as soft as it looks. I find my eyelashes feel just as rough as the brush itself which may be a result of the second ingredient, alcohol.

I recently put some very warm water on the brush, twirled it around in the tube and left it for a bit. The product worked like it used to. If you were planning on tossing away the dried mascara, try this out... the first ingredient is water anyways.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

As my other mascara reviews have stated I like dramatic lashes. I read all the rave reviews and decided to try this mascara. I am not a fan of rubber bristles and I felt like it was a bit harsh on my lashes causing some fall out. This mascara was unimpressive in adding volume. It adds some length after a few applications but it leaves lashes looking sparse and spidery which is not my type of look. I like full thick voluminous lashes so this mascara is not for me. I would not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this mascara and yet I put down that I would purchase again. Why? Cute nifty purple packaging that people love. Can get in GWP size (have a friend who can get in bulk) and they are very popular in gift bags or as little extras.

I read the reviews and wanted to try this mascara. I am all for natural and just love Tarte. I eagerly opened one of my GWP sizes. I spent about 5 minutes brushing and brushing on clean lashes. They got a little more spidery and defined in that whole time. Just a LITTLE more. So, I decided to wear this out to the Dog Park (unseasonably warm day and humid) to check wearability.

I tried this again. Checked tube, product was moist (had only opened sealed tube previous day) I again spent about 5 minutes brushing my clean lashes with barely any results. This time I had an appointment to keep so I grabbed my HG Lancome Definicils and, in about 3 brushstrokes to each eye, I had long, voluminous lashes and I was out the door.

Good wearability. Lasted for 3 hours at Dog Park in fairly high humidity without running, smudging or streaking. Really great lasting power for a non-waterproof mascara. Now, I would give it 5 lippies for that if it just really legnthened or volumized. Sadly, in both areas, this mascara is truly underwhelming.

In this same price range, you can get either of two mascaras (at Sephora or Ulta) that are not waterproof but really volumize and lengthen. Plus I've put both to the Dog Park test and they did not run, smudge or streak. These are Smashbox Hyperlash and Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara.

So I give this 3 lippies for not smudging, running or streaking and for having a really cute tube. I cannot really recommend though because Lights Camera Lashes just did NOT lengthen or volumize my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mascara! I got it as a free sample from Ulta. I like that it doesn't make my lashes pokey. Although, I am satisfied with using drugstore mascaras so I think I will stick with that. I will not purchase.