August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ordered a full size tinted mineral dust, this stuff is great for setting the look, and the tinted is still really light, so I like it.

The customer service is awesome, I emailed a question and I got a personalized answer within 20 minutes.

I Love EM I cannot speak highly enough about them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This created a nice smooth finish over my mineral foundation and toned down the color so it was closer to my skin tone. I actually combine this with slightly darker colors of mineral make-up that I have and it works beautifully that way as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by julietagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This blows BE mineral veil outta the water. It makes you look airbrushed! Its just exquisite and so reasonably priced. I use it over my eyeshadow base and on my T- zone, then to touch up during the day. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Paticakes

The loose finishing powders are the best on the market for the high quality of ingredients (organic and natural) and the most affordable prices offered. I have tried the Finishing Dust, Tinted Silk Dust, and Tinted Balancing Powder. My favorite is the Tinted Balancing Powder because it helps control oil and it gives my skin a porcelain look.

I use the Tinted Silk Dust as a primer because it is transluscent and contains amino acids and other ingredients good for your skin. After applying the EM matte powder foundation, I finish it off with the Tinted Balancing Powder. My skin has never looked better and have received numerous compliments from family, friends and strangers.

I highly recommend the finishing powders as well as the other EM products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by CaterpillarGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this powder on a hot and humid day and then noticed that it had created clumps of white powder on my face where I had perspired! Ack! I have never had a powder do this before! Thinking that it must be a fluke, I wore it again and the same thing happened. Oh well. It did give me a nice finish, but the white powdery globs are a deal-breaker for me. UPDATE: Now that it is winter time and I am not sweating, I have been using this again, and I really like it! As long as the weather is not hot and humid I don't have the clumping problem, and this powder gives a lovely sheer finish that is not too dry, cakey, powdery. (Therefore I am increasing my original rating). However, I still wouldn't use it in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by simply

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes after reading the reviews here, but it was just too irritating for my sensitive skin. First of all, it went on too white for me. I use the Intensive foundation in Golden Medium, and this turned me into a ghost no matter how little I used. I also thought it had a coarse texture considering how finely it appeared to be milled.

As soon as I applied it, my skin would start to sting and itch, especially on warmer days when I might sweat a bit. Ouch--painful. I guess it's the cornstarch, as everyone says.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This works just like BE mineral veil for me. I use it when I have some excess shine going on my face, it works like a charm. I don't always use it though because the Intensive EM foundation is pretty matte already, but sometimes the shine comes through, and this helps tone it down. Or, if I am looking a little splotchy, I'll put some on and it helps even out my skin tone. The only thing I don't like, is if you put too much on, it looks a little white, or it might take some color out of my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really was not impressed with this product. I have pretty dry skin w/ eczema and some mild t-zone oilies and this did almost nothing to keep me shine-free.

The shade itself is a pale yellowish/peachy color--not the best match for my nw15 skintone, but it applies sheerly enough that was not really an issue. Well-milled imo and looked very natural.

Again, I can not stand the EM packages. The tops are hard to reset fuss-free and the holes in the sifters are too large to throw in a mu bag and take with without a huge mess. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finishing Dust is my favorite powder on the market. It looks beigy in the jar but goes on completely invisible. I was worried because I have very sensative skin and this is a Zea Mays (cornstarch) product, but I have had no problems whatsoever. Silk Dust went on white and left me shiny looking after a couple of hours, plus I could feel it on my skin. Finishing Dust makes me look airbrushed, lasts for hours, and I literally can't feel it on my face. EM jars can be a tad messy and a good quality brush is needed for even coverage, but this product is worth trying.

Con: Most mineral products are inorganic and last forever (basically)...Cornstarch is an organic product. Therefore, it needs to be replaced every 2-3 months and should not get wet (because organic things can grow mold).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by bex487

This is the best loose powder I have ever tried. It gives a great finish over my face makeup. That being said, I find that the EM Intensive foundation is so great that it looks just fine on its own. While I love owning the Finishing Dust (which I got in the Starter Kit), I don't think I'd repurchase if I ever ran out because it's something I could live without. However, while I have it I definitely use it every day. It's an excellent product if someone feels that the extra step is necessary.