December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser off and on for a while and my skin always responds well to it because it is gentle. It doesn't have an offensive fragrance to it. My issue is that being a foam cleanser, traveling with it is next to impossible (I could see a foaming cleanser's bottle leaking very easily. It hasn't ever happened to me, but I won't lie: it's something I dread). So for now I am using another cleanser, but once the winter months come closer, I will pick this up again.

To the person who is upset because Missglamorazzi recommended an Aveeno cleanser: 1) it wasn't even this one and 2) it wasn't a sponsored video. Get off your high horse and review products under the correct section.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Meep! My sister recommended this to me awhile back, and it was not calming for my skin! I hate to bash Aveeno because the moisturizer that goes with this product works fantastically, but the cleanser falls short. I think this product made my acne even more red and irritated and my face was always feeling really itchy after I used it. It wasn't really doing anything at all, so I just stopped using it. Will not rebuy. I wouldn't say 'would not recommend' because it worked for my sister and her friend, so it depends on your skin, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin and break out easily, so I've always been searching for something that's gentle but cleans well. I found this product with all the good reviews, and decided to give this a try. Unfortunately this is not for me. My face felt a little burned when I was washing it, and it looked red and irritated after I dried it. I don't think it's actually ultra calming as it claims, because it feels really harsh on my face. I also broke out after a week of using it, which is annoying. My boyfriend uses this product now, his face looks fine, but he said he doesn't like it as much as the last one I got him. We used Aveeno Fresh Essentials Daily Exfoliating Scrub, which I think is slightly better than this one

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this a few days, but I have been using it twice a day and it hasn't upset my sensitive skin or dried me out. Even Cetaphil will dry out my face if I use it twice. I'm really enjoying that it's fragrance free, gentle, and my skin doesn't react by turning red or feel tight after I pat it dry (although I do still moisturize and use sunscreen on my face and neck every day without fail). Will it become HG for me? Possibly. I will update this review in the coming months. Bonus points for the pump, which is wonderful and doesn't over-or-under dispense the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by musicbanshee

I've been using this cleanser for a good couple of months now and I can't say it's a miracle worker, but I also can't say that it hasn't helped improve my skin. It truly is a very calming cleanser and has helped clear out my skin a little bit in the long run. I can't say that it is because of this cleanser that my acne has cleared up a little bit, but I can at least thank this cleanser for not agitating it and making my acne worse. Love the foaming effect and has been really gentle on my skin. The price isn't too bad either. The only issue really is that it's not really suited for my skin. This cleanser sort of dries me out, making my already oily face to oil up even more. But that's just more of a matter of slathering a good amount of moisturizer on. In my opinion, this cleanser would be a whole lot greater if it could provide a little bit more moisture for those with some dry patches. But I still think it's a pretty good cleanser, especially for those with sensitive skin or acne. Though if you're not a very patient person and wants immediate results with your acne, then this product is most likely not right for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the same skincare routine for the past 13 months and I am really happy with my skin. I made a silly decision to go for a cheaper cleanser, instead of my beloved Purity by Philosophy - and bought the Aveeno foaming cleanser following a recommendation by YouTuber MissGlamorazzi (Ingrid).

Within two days of use I broke out on my cheek and chin areas. Removing make-up was not easy, as this product stings the eye.
I will not repurchase this product and this was a lesson learnt for me: Do not buy products based on YouTube recommendations. In fact I stopped watching beauty videos for good, as they all seem to be sponsored one way or another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by daram7857

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. This is the best gentle, mild cleanser I've ever used that gets rid of impurities, dirt, oil, makeup, etc. I used to have eczema, breakout prone skin and i switched to this cleanser...then I saw a magnificent difference in my skin. Now my face is clear:) If they ever discontinue this I will literally cry. Or I'll just buy 10 bottles, no big deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by JoJoMonster

I love this stuff! It really cleanses my normal/dry, sensitive skin! I use this in the morning, and the skin brightening exfoliator at night, and they have cleared up my skin! It took a few uses, but now my skin is glowing and pretty much acne free! I think this is a really good buy for someone who wants something that will clean their skin without any irritation. I love the way it feels on my skin, and my skin really looks clean and refreshed after I wash it off.
This product also helped get rid of redness I had around my nose and didn't dry out my skin at all. I really think you should try this product if you want something to help your skin whether you have a rash, or acne, or dryness! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by glitters1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this!!!! I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate it at all. It cleanses it without making it go CRAZY! I have been using this twice a day and it is soooo great. I also love how "foamy" it gets! It makes it easier, more efficient, and faster to wash my face. It smells like oatmeal which I am fine with. I love it! I finally think I found a face wash that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by arabellaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great great great product! Compared to the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, I find that this product really cleanses my face well and does not affect my sensitive skin. I also love it when I apply the foam on my face. Overall, it cleanses my skin well, keeps it moisturised and so I will definitely buy more in the future :)