January 29, 2015 | 1669 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jennaogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot rave enough about this cleanser. As I stood in the skincare section of Target, overwhelmed by the slew of chemically engineered "miracle" products, this one called out to me.

I wasn't looking for anything fancy. I am not someone who is lazy about their skincare, but I am a firm believer in simplicity. Our skin doesn't need half the items on the market - all it wants is a little tender loving care.

Firstly, I needed a cleanser that would wash my face as well as remove my eye makeup. It seems unnecessary to have separate products for such a basic task. If your cleanser can remove your face makeup, why not the eye?

Secondly, it had to be gentle. As someone with rosacea-prone skin that tightens with most cleansers, I had to find a product that would make my face happy. I cannot be bothered with a ruddy, tight complexion - it is the youthfulness we strive for.

Thirdly, it had to be fragrance-free. Why do companies add chemical dyes and perfumes to their products anyway? What is there to hide? I am not the granola-y type, but it seems deceitful to entice your consumers with gimmicks like "grapefruit scents" and "bursting beads".

So those were my three requirements of which were clearly stated on the bottle. So at $6.49 for a 6 oz bottle, why not? I purchased it with no regret.

This cleanser did everything for me and more. I massaged it onto my face with warm water, using just a small pump of the bottle. This small pump distributed more than I could ever need, so you really get a great value for your money. It glides onto your skin and gently breaks away the makeup from your face. I patted with a washcloth and saw a perfectly bare complexion, without even an aggravated red cheek stain that usually appears after cleansing and drying. And the best - it truly was fragrance-free. Sometimes even those that claim to be have a faint aroma. This had nada.

The product exceeded my expectations. After removing all my makeup, being gentle on my skin, and sparing me from a ghastly scent, it continued to impress me. My skin didn't feel the least bit tight afterwards, and even more, it felt SOFT. It left me with a softness that not even a moisturizer could deliver. I was beyond amazed and so were my friends as the softness prevailed throughout the night and day. My boyfriend thought my skin was soft before... He has no idea. Imagine baby's skin. Yes - it's that good.

And to top it off, the packaging is so nice that it comes with a cap, making it perfectly transportable. I bring it with me everywhere and it has never failed. Seriously, girls - whatever your skin type, try this. It is so basic that you can't go wrong. And if you have sensitive skin like me? Marry it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received 2 bottles of this for free (part of a Garnier "swag bag") as I was running out of my normal cleanser, so I decided to try it. I've been using it for about 3 months now.

This is basically just a light, inoffensive foam cleanser. It's gentle, not heavily scented or colored. If you have any severe acne or oiliness or extreme dryness, you will probably not like this. It doesn't have any ingredients in it to assist with major skin issues. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. If I'm using it to remove makeup, it's not quite strong enough on its own so I will use an oil cleanser first. Otherwise I just use this in the shower with my Clarisonic Mia. It's great for that purpose. Because it's a foam, the bottle lasts forever.

I really don't have anything terrible to say about it, nor do I have anything wonderful to say about it either. It's just a basic, gentle cleanser, nothing extraordinary. I said no to repurchasing, just because I think by the time I get through the 2nd bottle I will be bored with it and I have some other cleansers that were GWPs to try next.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mcolon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does clean the face but it has seems to cause breakouts. I have sensitive skin-so I had been using a natural cleanser because I haven't found a regular cleanser that works. This one is not for me unfortunately even though I'm still using the moiusturizer from this line. Before this cleanser my skin was relatively clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser off and on for a while and my skin always responds well to it because it is gentle. It doesn't have an offensive fragrance to it. My issue is that being a foam cleanser, traveling with it is next to impossible (I could see a foaming cleanser's bottle leaking very easily. It hasn't ever happened to me, but I won't lie: it's something I dread). So for now I am using another cleanser, but once the winter months come closer, I will pick this up again.

To the person who is upset because Missglamorazzi recommended an Aveeno cleanser: 1) it wasn't even this one and 2) it wasn't a sponsored video. Get off your high horse and review products under the correct section.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Meep! My sister recommended this to me awhile back, and it was not calming for my skin! I hate to bash Aveeno because the moisturizer that goes with this product works fantastically, but the cleanser falls short. I think this product made my acne even more red and irritated and my face was always feeling really itchy after I used it. It wasn't really doing anything at all, so I just stopped using it. Will not rebuy. I wouldn't say 'would not recommend' because it worked for my sister and her friend, so it depends on your skin, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin and break out easily, so I've always been searching for something that's gentle but cleans well. I found this product with all the good reviews, and decided to give this a try. Unfortunately this is not for me. My face felt a little burned when I was washing it, and it looked red and irritated after I dried it. I don't think it's actually ultra calming as it claims, because it feels really harsh on my face. I also broke out after a week of using it, which is annoying. My boyfriend uses this product now, his face looks fine, but he said he doesn't like it as much as the last one I got him. We used Aveeno Fresh Essentials Daily Exfoliating Scrub, which I think is slightly better than this one

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this a few days, but I have been using it twice a day and it hasn't upset my sensitive skin or dried me out. Even Cetaphil will dry out my face if I use it twice. I'm really enjoying that it's fragrance free, gentle, and my skin doesn't react by turning red or feel tight after I pat it dry (although I do still moisturize and use sunscreen on my face and neck every day without fail). Will it become HG for me? Possibly. I will update this review in the coming months. Bonus points for the pump, which is wonderful and doesn't over-or-under dispense the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by musicbanshee

I've been using this cleanser for a good couple of months now and I can't say it's a miracle worker, but I also can't say that it hasn't helped improve my skin. It truly is a very calming cleanser and has helped clear out my skin a little bit in the long run. I can't say that it is because of this cleanser that my acne has cleared up a little bit, but I can at least thank this cleanser for not agitating it and making my acne worse. Love the foaming effect and has been really gentle on my skin. The price isn't too bad either. The only issue really is that it's not really suited for my skin. This cleanser sort of dries me out, making my already oily face to oil up even more. But that's just more of a matter of slathering a good amount of moisturizer on. In my opinion, this cleanser would be a whole lot greater if it could provide a little bit more moisture for those with some dry patches. But I still think it's a pretty good cleanser, especially for those with sensitive skin or acne. Though if you're not a very patient person and wants immediate results with your acne, then this product is most likely not right for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the same skincare routine for the past 13 months and I am really happy with my skin. I made a silly decision to go for a cheaper cleanser, instead of my beloved Purity by Philosophy - and bought the Aveeno foaming cleanser following a recommendation by YouTuber MissGlamorazzi (Ingrid).

Within two days of use I broke out on my cheek and chin areas. Removing make-up was not easy, as this product stings the eye.
I will not repurchase this product and this was a lesson learnt for me: Do not buy products based on YouTube recommendations. In fact I stopped watching beauty videos for good, as they all seem to be sponsored one way or another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by daram7857

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. This is the best gentle, mild cleanser I've ever used that gets rid of impurities, dirt, oil, makeup, etc. I used to have eczema, breakout prone skin and i switched to this cleanser...then I saw a magnificent difference in my skin. Now my face is clear:) If they ever discontinue this I will literally cry. Or I'll just buy 10 bottles, no big deal!