MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 7/2/2009 7:33:00 PM

i was expecting a lot more from this eyeliner. it's really creamy and a super pretty color. i have yet to find the perfect brush to apply it with. it stays on my lashline all day, but it won't stay put on my water line.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Updated on August 13, 2009*******Blitz and Glitz is a softer version of blacktrack. Blacktrack is a beautiful shade of black, but it was just a tad bit darker than I needed it to be for the work place. Also Blitz and Glitz is very forgiving of mistakes. It can be described as a soft black with hints of silver in it. The sliver is not at all noticeable on my lids, so that's a plus.

on 6/18/2009 12:18:00 AM

Soft, charcoal black with slight, barely visible gold flecks. Great for tightlining. A regular for me, for a long time now. Works well with my blonde-haired blue-eyed complexion, whereas most dark liners do not. Sometimes I don't even use mascara when I tightline with this, and it gives a very natural look.

on 6/17/2009 3:25:00 PM

I just got this gel eyeliner and I'm very impressed. It's much easier than pencil or liquid eyeliners and I love the clean thin line I get with this. I can tightline very easily. I can also make a flick, or a cat eye and I've never been able to do these. I'm glad I don't have to spend time figuring out how to get liquid eyeliner to work, because this does it for me, with an angled brush. As for the color, I had blacktrack in mind but the shop didn't have it, so the sales assistant made me try Blitz and Glitz. It looks pretty much black on my lids and none of the glitter shows. Oh well. I could also do with more pigmentation, but I haven't tried any other gel liners so I can't really compare. I will buy again, but it looks like I won't have to, lol, this will last me forever.

on 6/12/2009 1:54:00 PM

I have found my HG black for my Asian monolid eyes.

My point is that I find many blacks looking to flat/ harsh on me since my facial features are rather "flat" comparing to many Caucasians. Also, my lashes are not lush. If I do wear black liner, I usually have to smudge it out w/ powder eyeshadow which is rather time consuming. So, I usually just stick to ivy greens, dark brown liners thus avoiding black altogether. However, this liner is not harsh at all because it is not as dark, matte, opaque, and intense. It is a softer more charcoal like black. It matches my natural lashes, brow, hair color very well. The ending result is very natural and I don't need to put powder over it! I am extremely pleased with this liner. So, if you're Asian, you definitely have to try this. Also, if you just looking for a softer black, this might be the one you're looking for.
A big 5 lippies from me! LOVE IT!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first fluidline purchased. The size is really small compaired to HIP cream eyeliners. I first opened the jar & didnt see any gold sparkles, but then i dipped my brush into the eyeliner & then the gold sparkles came out. They are so tiny & not really that noticeable, but its still fun to put on because I know that they are there! I layer this ontop of my other cream black eyeliner because i love my eyeliner intense. Will buy again if i run out

on 4/27/2009 3:08:00 AM

This is an excellent eyeliner for a subtle black. It is budgeproof & it lasts all day. the texture is very smooth & so far I haven't had any problems w/it drying out & I've had it for a few months. I would have given it a five but I give it 4 lippies cause I can't see the sparkles when I apply it.

on 3/31/2009 3:59:00 AM

This is the first Fluidline that I purchased and I absolutely fell in love with it. It stays on all day and doesn't smear or run. The only problem I've noticed is that it dried out quite a bit more than the brown shade I have. Even with it being slightly dry, it isn't enough to make it difficult to use or change the staying power. Would definitely repurchase.

on 3/20/2009 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product, it was my first time buying it too. Saw it in MAC looking for a gel liner and came across this! I use it quite alot and it also lasts long. Its quite hard to see the sparkles in it but it still does the job.

on 3/5/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this after a MA suggested it would be a nice variation on regular black gel liner. The specks of gold shimmer are TINY and give a faint sheen once applied. To me, it's not really worth it. In addition, I wasn't too impressed by the consistency of the liner itself. It was a bit too slippery for me and not pigmented enough. I often have to go over my eye 2-3 times to get a rich black line. However, unlike the Stila Smudge Pot I used before, the little jar closes tightly so it hasn't dried out or become cakey. I will have to search elsewhere for my HG black gel liner. =(

Top Rated MAC Products