November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by maylias

Soft, charcoal black with slight, barely visible gold flecks. Great for tightlining. A regular for me, for a long time now. Works well with my blonde-haired blue-eyed complexion, whereas most dark liners do not. Sometimes I don't even use mascara when I tightline with this, and it gives a very natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by beslap

I just got this gel eyeliner and I'm very impressed. It's much easier than pencil or liquid eyeliners and I love the clean thin line I get with this. I can tightline very easily. I can also make a flick, or a cat eye and I've never been able to do these. I'm glad I don't have to spend time figuring out how to get liquid eyeliner to work, because this does it for me, with an angled brush. As for the color, I had blacktrack in mind but the shop didn't have it, so the sales assistant made me try Blitz and Glitz. It looks pretty much black on my lids and none of the glitter shows. Oh well. I could also do with more pigmentation, but I haven't tried any other gel liners so I can't really compare. I will buy again, but it looks like I won't have to, lol, this will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I have found my HG black for my Asian monolid eyes.

My point is that I find many blacks looking to flat/ harsh on me since my facial features are rather "flat" comparing to many Caucasians. Also, my lashes are not lush. If I do wear black liner, I usually have to smudge it out w/ powder eyeshadow which is rather time consuming. So, I usually just stick to ivy greens, dark brown liners thus avoiding black altogether. However, this liner is not harsh at all because it is not as dark, matte, opaque, and intense. It is a softer more charcoal like black. It matches my natural lashes, brow, hair color very well. The ending result is very natural and I don't need to put powder over it! I am extremely pleased with this liner. So, if you're Asian, you definitely have to try this. Also, if you just looking for a softer black, this might be the one you're looking for.
A big 5 lippies from me! LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DontDropTheSoap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first fluidline purchased. The size is really small compaired to HIP cream eyeliners. I first opened the jar & didnt see any gold sparkles, but then i dipped my brush into the eyeliner & then the gold sparkles came out. They are so tiny & not really that noticeable, but its still fun to put on because I know that they are there! I layer this ontop of my other cream black eyeliner because i love my eyeliner intense. Will buy again if i run out

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by stellar4217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent eyeliner for a subtle black. It is budgeproof & it lasts all day. the texture is very smooth & so far I haven't had any problems w/it drying out & I've had it for a few months. I would have given it a five but I give it 4 lippies cause I can't see the sparkles when I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by dielikedisco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first Fluidline that I purchased and I absolutely fell in love with it. It stays on all day and doesn't smear or run. The only problem I've noticed is that it dried out quite a bit more than the brown shade I have. Even with it being slightly dry, it isn't enough to make it difficult to use or change the staying power. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Bethanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, it was my first time buying it too. Saw it in MAC looking for a gel liner and came across this! I use it quite alot and it also lasts long. Its quite hard to see the sparkles in it but it still does the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jacksd23

Bought this after a MA suggested it would be a nice variation on regular black gel liner. The specks of gold shimmer are TINY and give a faint sheen once applied. To me, it's not really worth it. In addition, I wasn't too impressed by the consistency of the liner itself. It was a bit too slippery for me and not pigmented enough. I often have to go over my eye 2-3 times to get a rich black line. However, unlike the Stila Smudge Pot I used before, the little jar closes tightly so it hasn't dried out or become cakey. I will have to search elsewhere for my HG black gel liner. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have 4 fluidlines so far, and they've pretty much replaced my pencil eyeliners since I started using them about 2 years ago. I debated between blacktrack and blitz and glitz when I wanted a black one, and ultimately decided on this one because I wanted something a touch softer for daytime. And it turned out to be pretty much what I was looking for: softer, but still black, definitely not gray. I do wish the glitter showed up a bit better, I can see it when I really look closely, but it's not noticeable from more than a few inches away. I would repurchase if I ever actually managed to use this up, but I also do want blacktrack. As for staying power, these last all day on my oily lids, if anything they're tough to remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually really prefer regular black or brown to this shade. It is an odd in between color, IMO. It's not very original, because the shimmer doesn't show, and it lacks the intensity of actual black.

I also own the MAC Fluidline in Dipdown (dark brown), which is far better for tightlining than this shade. It seems that whenever I try to tightline wiht B&G, it disappears. :\