September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The blush I wear when I can't be bothered making a decision. On me, I just find it the most flattering peachy-pinky-gold glow, which picks me up instantly. If you're not big on shimmer particles, definitely don't go for this one as it's packed - but I personally think it's incredibly pretty on everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was the first blush I ever bought. I never used to wear blush until I bought this one three years ago. I didn't know much about blush, all I knew was that I needed some color on my cheeks because I was in grad school, running on little sleep, and looking like death. I saw it recommended all over the place because the color is supposed to be universally flattering, so I figured I couldn't lose. Plus, I was understandably intrigued by the name. Nowadays I do a lot more research before buying a product.

I purchased this product at the Nars counter at Bloomingdales. I don't like to mess around with cheap products when it comes to face makeup. At $30, it was definitely a splurge, but I had high expectations based the seemingly ubiquitous recommendations.

The packaging has a chic and minimalist design. It's pretty flat so it sits nicely in my makeup bag. I like that the compact has a slightly soft, smooth, rubbery feel rather than a hard plastic. However, this coating does attract dust easily so it can look dingy from sitting in a makeup bag with other products.

This formula is a bit shimmery. A little bit goes a long way, which is nice in terms of value, but I have to be very careful not to overdo it. In my experience, it's easy to apply it unevenly, and it's also difficult to blend.

The shade gives my warm-to-neutral olive complexion a lovely peachy glow, at least when I have tan. Without a tan it doesn't look right - so I would argue that contrary to the claims, it is not a universally flattering shade.

I still have this product in my stash, but I do not wear it regularly anymore. I purchased a Bobbi Brown blush when I took a bridal makeup lesson in preparation for my wedding last summer, and that is now my go-to blush. I experimented to find the perfect color for skintone and I find that in general, I prefer a matte formula for a natural look. It's also easier to apply and to blend than the Nars formula. Still, I can see myself reaching for it again in the summer to switch things up.

This isn't the worst blush or anything but it's completely overrated. I wouldn't repurchase it. A peachy pink blush does have a place in my summer makeup bag, but when this runs out I will find a cheaper dupe. I give this product a 2 because of the formula's shortcomings. At this price point, the formula shouldn't leave anything to be desired.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this nars blushers so easy to apply and last all day would defiantly buy I again even tho it's a bit pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Great for all walks of life & skin types. I've been using this for over 7 years. Pigment is great and no need to blend. Just use angled blush brush and that's it. So simple and beautiful. Cult fav for a reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This is a really lovely light pink blush. It works well with every skin tone, IMO. I am fair skinned and I like to add just a little bit to give a small amount of glow. It also lasts all day until I wash it off. It's quite expensive though so if you don't want to fork out the $$$ you could probably find a much cheaper dupe, but if you want the real thing then go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by prinsessekristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really thought I was going to like this, but I did not. -Maybe I got a bad fake, or something. The color was nothing like it looked like in pictures. The texture got ruined by fat from the brush so fast - I never usually have this problem. I hit pan after no time. Just really did not like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by graceshak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thus far the best colour for a blush. Gives you the natural rosy cheeks with a golden glow. Use is daily in the morning. Lasts a good 6 hours max. I touch up with another blusher during the day if needed, as this doesn't come with a brush and I'm lazy to carry brushes around.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by raydi0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like most people, this is my HG blush. I used to use LancĂ´me blushes, but they weren't nearly pigmented enough. This blush has it all! The colour payoff is fabulous! I have a feeling this will last me a long time, as you don't have to use much to achieve a nice look. Only con about this product is the price. That being said, the blush is absolutely fabulous and its great quality, so in my eyes it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful peachy/pink color that is flattering on most everybody. I love the peach color but I find this to be extremely glittery. I don't just mean shimmery but there are chunks of glitter in the pan and they definitely transfer to my face when I apply the color. This is an expensive blush, but it is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. I've had this for about 4 months and I haven't even made a dent yet so I'm sure it will last quite some time. I have fair/medium skin and it does give me a nice wash of color on my cheeks. I do have to be careful because if I wear a shimmery eyeshadow or a highlight with this blush it's too much. BUT if I wear a matte or a neutral eye and skip the highlight in my cheekbones it does give me a beautiful peachy glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

This is pretty expensive but then again, I don't like putting anything cheap on my face. I have sensitive skin so I'm worried things will break me out, so when it comes to makeup, foundation etc must be good quality. For my everyday face all I use is Nars Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer and this, Nars Orgasm. It's this beautiful sort of orange color that flatters my olive skin tone. I look absolutely glowy with this combo. I am not sure if it will suit all skin types, but for someone with olive skin like myself it looks great. love love love!