April 21, 2014 | 1091 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This wasn't exactly a BAD moisturizer, but it didn't exactly MOISTURIZE my skin, either.

It just seemed like a cream that blended into your skin nicely and didn't feel heavy, but still did nothing to make a difference about skin dryness.

It was really expensive too, something like $35 which I personally don't think it worth it at all.

I also think Clinique tests on animals, which is a MAJOR THUMBS DOWN.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After a bad run in with some cheaper foundations, my skin was in desperate need of hydration. I had some horrific dry patches on my forehead, cheeks and temples. I LOVE this stuff. It glides on silky smooth. I apply it all over my face, including my oilier areas and I my skin feels hydrated and smooth. I have also patted it on over my foundation later in the day when I need a boost.

As a long time user of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer, I have found a new Clinique moisturizer I will use for years to come.

One thing though. I was introduced to this product as a gift with purchase and it was in a small travel sized tube. I wish Clinique would offer this product in the tube, that would make it easier to dispense and take on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by yukjellybeans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my holy grail moisturizer. it feels so smooth going on and is just the right amount of moisture for me. i have normal skin until winter hits and it gets a bit drier. ive been using this moisturizer for many years and have, at times, experimented with other moisturizers. im very weird about textures and find that most moisturizers dont sink into my skin fast enough and feel like a lotion. that might be nice for others, but for me that will not do. this sinks in quick and i don't have to use a ton of product which makes the price reasonable in my opinion since a jar lasts me quite a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by dk34

Great for winter! My combo skin always gets flaky around my nose or on my cheeks in the winter, but this moisturizer totally takes care of it. Great product.

Cons: No other skin benefits. Packaging a bit unsanitary

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I only have the mini version of this from a gift set but as soon as I finish it I'll be buying the full version for sure! My favourite moisturizer at the moment! I have very dry skin and get loads of dry patches, so I apply this moisturizer all over my face before I go to bed and I wake up with silky smooth skin! Such a great product for a great price! Definitely recommend this for anyone with dry patches on their face :) I also really love the light feel of this moisturizer once you apply it, it doesn't feel cakey like some other moisturizers and feels like you have no moisturizer on at all, yet it STILL does the things a moisturizer should do! Love it <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MapleBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me give a little background as to why I needed this product in the first place.

When I was in my early twenties, I needed a moisturizer that did not make my face look like an oil slick after application. At the time, this fit the bill and it worked great as a hydrator and as a primer for makeup.

Then, in my mid-twenties, I find that this gel was not hydrating enough so I switched to a heavier moisturizer. I still kept this gel around to use a "mask" to apply over makeup or whenever I just feel that my face needs hydration.

Fast forward to present day... Recently, I decided to try out a different brand of retinol (bad decision, should have stuck to my normal one) which made my skin super sensitive. My skin was red, dry, and peeling. Remembering that I have this Clinique gel laying around, I decided to apply it to my face since it had aloe in it. It instantly soothed my skin. I then layered my face with an additional heavy moisturizer. After doing this for a week, my skin resumed to normalcy.

In conclusion, I find that this gel is best used in addition with another moisturizer as stated by Tuts311 in her review. Used alone, it may not be enough if you have normal to dry skin. However, for those with oily or combination skin, it may be great to use alone. It's best to get a sample if you can before committing to a full retail purchase.

Thanks for reading through my long review.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ngartland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got this free in a bonus, and fell in love with it. I used to use it before bed and I would wake up with smooth soft skin. I would recommend this for people who have dry patches since it really does give a "surge" effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by CSteen85

Wow, this is one product I was pleasantly surprised by. I had the WORST skin care routine ever - and it showed. My normally combo-skin had been consistently dry and blotchy in this cold, windy winter and I decided it was time to start taking care of that, but being only 2 months away from my wedding, I was hesitant to introduce something my skin wouldn't like, potentially causing a break out.
I went to Sephora and asked for what was know to be the least breakout-inducing moisturizer they had and she recommended this to me.
Each morning and night, I've been washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleaner (does not foam) and finishing with this Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer. One of my favorite things about it is that it works just as great at night as it does during the day. My skin is calmer, plumper and all red dry patches are GONE after just a week of consistent use. Also, at the end of the day when I go to wash my face, the product is still there!
The moisturizer itself feels like a splash of fresh, cold water to the face and dries completely matte for me. It's perfect alone or under make-up. Honestly, I have no complaints about this product. It's a little pricey, but it's a giant jar that should last a good while. Plus, it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by raechelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!! When applied it feels like a splash of cool water! I've always used cream moisturizers, but since I have combination skin, they give me acne. I thought I would try gel and what a difference it makes! After sleeping with some on I woke up with no new zits and no dry patches! It's a fairly light formula and even though it's expensive I think it will last a while so it may be worth it. I'll have to see after I finish using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by laurencpower

This product does absolutely nothing for my skin. Sure, it feels nice to apply, but any gel feels nice on the skin initially. I care about lasting hydration - and this product doesn't deliver.
I keep my jar of it as a backup in case I run out of moisturizer or eye cream - but certainly won't repurchase.