November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Hair Color - Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW- this is an amazing product. I have long, fine but thick, color-treated hair, & Naturcolor makes it look & feel beautiful. It's very gentle on the hair, & leaves it feeling thicker, fuller, shiney, & full of body. My hair is so much easier to style since I started using this. Naturcolor is a thick gel that deposits beautiful, rich color. It's easy to use, the color stays true & LASTS, & it allows your hair's natural highlights to shine through (lots of dimension with this color!) I have used both the 8D, & 7D (gold series), & the colors are both gorgeous (LOVE the gold series!) My hair normally latches on to any red tones, so I was a little worried about using gold. But it turned out perfectly- no red or orange, just a beautiful golden tone. This product rinses out easily, & isn't messy to use AT ALL! My hair hasn't felt this good in years- I'm so happy! And I love the fact that the results last & my hair continues to get healthier with each use. BTW, I've used this twice in 1 month trying to get my perfect color, & there is never any damage or dryness- it only feels better!! I purchased mine at Super Supplements. Naturcolor also has an 800 number you can call & ask questions- the people that answer the phone are very knowledgeable.

***EDIT*** For those of you wondering which color to choose, I can't stress enough to call the 800#. There's a new review complaining of orange hair- not Naturcolor's fault- the "N" series has red tones in it & to avoid that you need to add a little ash to it. I've called any time I've had a question, & the people have always given me correct info. I've now tried the"N" series (mixed with a tiny bit of ash), & the "D" Gold series. Every color has been pretty, but i'm still partial to the Gold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

I was very impressed with this hair color. A friend of mine told me about it years ago but I thought it could never cover my grey (on black hair). Recently I have been having serious problems with breakage. I think it was because I started going back to the salon and using Matrix. Matrix always made my hair look great and the color would last but boy did I shed. So I tried using L'oreal Excellence again. The color is nice but it just doesn't stick. So, in desperation I decided to try Naturcolor. The girl at Whole Foods told me I would need to use an N color to cover the grey and then I could mix another color to personalize it. Wow, was I impressed. It covered the grey, I hardly shed at all, the smell wasn't bad at all and the color wasn't flat. It has a beautiful highlight to it. Being in LA, I'm surprised there isn't a hair salon that has started using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by virgy123

I tried this for the first time about one month ago - Having been a henna user for years, I finally opted out because of the mess and because I just may get a wild hair one day and go to the Vidal Sassoon Academy for a professional dye job one day and they don't like henna --

Anyway, I wanted to use something natural that would cover the grey without covering up natural highlights and lowlights, I hate the flat matte look don't you? :) Naturtints coloring scheme is rather odd, however. I used shade 6N, which they call Dark Blond. I call it chestnut brown, which is just about 2 shades lighter than my hair.

After applying and rinsing this out, all the grey was covered with light brown/gold color and the rest of my hair looked completely natural and shiny. For at home color treatment, this is my new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jade2004

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Best hair dye on the market. Fewer scary chemicals, especially for brunettes. Ricky's just discontinued the line (why?), but Whole Foods still carries it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been getting highlights on my dark brown hair every 10 - 12 weeks for about three years. I really like the brilliance it gives my hair, but lately it just doesn't cover my newly arriving gray hair. I didn't want to spend the money or make the commitment to going to the salon more often, yet I hated the gray. I prefer natural products, and came across some great reviews here at MUA. My husband gladly volunteered to play colorist when he found out how much money we would save doing it ourselves. Light burdock successfully masked the gray and added a nice sheen to my hair. It was easy to use, and not too messy. I don't miss my highlights at all, and feel better knowing my gray is covered. I will definitely continue using Naturcolor.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by duchamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow - I am SO glad I found this product. I've been looking for a hair color that is not damaging but will last. People have recommended the Robert Craig but I don't like buying online without being able to see swatches etc. So I went to Whole Foods and got NaturColor on the recommendation of a friend (and a couple of recs on the Hair board). This is it! Yay! I used a color called (6D) Goldenrod Blonde and it turned out beautifully. (NOTE: I don't know why it's called blonde, as it is actually a brown, and a beautiful one, like a rich milk chocolate color). It made my hair very shiny too. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 7:59:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sorry I tried a chemical dye (L'oreal Natural Match) which was in no way natural at all. Naturcolor is far more superior for being natural and it never dryed my hair, made it fall out or smelt bad. I will go back to my HG hair dye again. I should have known better. I'd like to try it in Licorice. I used to use Burdock, but my hair still had a reddish cast to it, but Licorice might be the ticket.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a very big fan of Naturcolor and have been using it for years. The color is extremely true and the finish very natural. The best part is that it does not actually color the hair into one opaque mass- it follows your natural highlights and lowlights and thus shades it as such. I use Poppyseed which is a soft black during the summer, and Licorice- a true black- during the wintertime. Both formulas are great and very natural, which is oftentimes difficult for black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 3:24:00 AM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Naturcolor works as well or better than every other hair dye I've tried, and does it without all the scary chemicals found in most store brands. It's a little more expensive than buying a box of L'Oreal or something similar, but I'm willing to pay a few extra dollars to lose the ammonia and other icky things that I don't want on my head. This product covers and lasts as long as regular hair dyes (although I'm not sure how well it would work if you have a lot of grey), doesn't dry your hair out and leaves it really shiny. It comes in a wide selection of colors. My only complaint is that a color sample isn't printed on the box anywhere (how stupid!), so in order to see what shade you're getting you have to look at a booklet of color samples that's always sitting near the Naturcolor section at the store. I buy mine at Whole Foods or Larry's Markets.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 3:07:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

UPDATE: I have been using this product for a while and although i have tried other hair dyes I always come back to this. My hair feels healthy after every application and the color is beautiful and multidimensional. I had to color my hair recently after going to the salon and paying more than 200 to get it dyed and highlighted because the color was pretty terrible and the highlights were so light that the strands almost looked white. After about a week of trying to live with it, I decided to use Naturcolor to correct my hair color, even though I felt like if I did anything to my hair it would be like washing away 200 dollars. I told myself it would be better in the long run. I am so glad I did because the results were far better than i could of had hoped for. The previously whitish highlights are now a very nice golden color that blends well with the rest of my hair, which is now a golden medium brown. I am so happy with this product. This last time I used 8D calendula blonde and I will repurchase this shade to mix with other colors.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS COLOR! WOOOOWWW! beats anything i have ever tried before. Its so gentle, has no ammonia, moisturizes, and one box equals two applications for short hair! what a deal. you can even custom blend the shades that you want to create your own unique color. and i love the smell! i cant even get myself to say that about other hair color brands. A must try.Hard to find but well worth the search.
ps. i get mine at whole foods.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No