Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

4.3

Ingredients NATURCOLOR dye: Water, Burdock Stem Extract, Gotu Kola Oil, Gotu Kola Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Sage Extract, Hops Extract, Soy Oil, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Soyamine, Lecithin, Coconut Oil, Oleic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Ethanolamine,Chamomile Extract, Walnut Oil, Walnut Extract, Bilberry Root Extract, Red Sorrell Extract, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sodium Metabisulfite, Jasmine Flower Extract, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Shea Butter, P-Phenylenediamine, P-Aminophenol, M-Aminophenol. /Ingredients NATURFIX developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Etidronic Acid.

I have finally found my HG at home hair colour. After years of messing around with different shades of icky box auburns and matte blacks, I decided I wanted to be a rich chocolate brunette again. Two days ago I had black hair. I bleached it and then conditioned the crap out of it for a day, then ran out and picked up a box of Naturcolor after reading the glowing reviews.

You can find Naturcolor at Whole Foods; other organic grocery stores only carry "Naturtint", which is a pretty mediocre dye. These boxes don't have pictures of the color on them, so you have to know what color you want before you go in there. They have a color palette on their website (www.naturcolor.com), I just printed it out and took it with me. I chose 4D (Clove Chestnut), and it turned out beautifully. I might wait a dye and then do another round of color, I have shoulder length THICK THICK porous hair, and I want to make sure all of it takes the color.

Because there is no ammonia in the formula, there is no gross chemical smell. It smells more like tea, which is a definite upgrade. My hair is SO SOFT; I can't believe what good condition my hair is in.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

WOW- this is an amazing product. I have long, fine but thick, color-treated hair, & Naturcolor makes it look & feel beautiful. It's very gentle on the hair, & leaves it feeling thicker, fuller, shiney, & full of body. My hair is so much easier to style since I started using this. Naturcolor is a thick gel that deposits beautiful, rich color. It's easy to use, the color stays true & LASTS, & it allows your hair's natural highlights to shine through (lots of dimension with this color!) I have used both the 8D, & 7D (gold series), & the colors are both gorgeous (LOVE the gold series!) My hair normally latches on to any red tones, so I was a little worried about using gold. But it turned out perfectly- no red or orange, just a beautiful golden tone. This product rinses out easily, & isn't messy to use AT ALL! My hair hasn't felt this good in years- I'm so happy! And I love the fact that the results last & my hair continues to get healthier with each use. BTW, I've used this twice in 1 month trying to get my perfect color, & there is never any damage or dryness- it only feels better!! I purchased mine at Super Supplements. Naturcolor also has an 800 number you can call & ask questions- the people that answer the phone are very knowledgeable.

***EDIT*** For those of you wondering which color to choose, I can't stress enough to call the 800#. There's a new review complaining of orange hair- not Naturcolor's fault- the "N" series has red tones in it & to avoid that you need to add a little ash to it. I've called any time I've had a question, & the people have always given me correct info. I've now tried the"N" series (mixed with a tiny bit of ash), & the "D" Gold series. Every color has been pretty, but i'm still partial to the Gold.

I was very impressed with this hair color. A friend of mine told me about it years ago but I thought it could never cover my grey (on black hair). Recently I have been having serious problems with breakage. I think it was because I started going back to the salon and using Matrix. Matrix always made my hair look great and the color would last but boy did I shed. So I tried using L'oreal Excellence again. The color is nice but it just doesn't stick. So, in desperation I decided to try Naturcolor. The girl at Whole Foods told me I would need to use an N color to cover the grey and then I could mix another color to personalize it. Wow, was I impressed. It covered the grey, I hardly shed at all, the smell wasn't bad at all and the color wasn't flat. It has a beautiful highlight to it. Being in LA, I'm surprised there isn't a hair salon that has started using this.

I tried this for the first time about one month ago - Having been a henna user for years, I finally opted out because of the mess and because I just may get a wild hair one day and go to the Vidal Sassoon Academy for a professional dye job one day and they don't like henna --

Anyway, I wanted to use something natural that would cover the grey without covering up natural highlights and lowlights, I hate the flat matte look don't you? :) Naturtints coloring scheme is rather odd, however. I used shade 6N, which they call Dark Blond. I call it chestnut brown, which is just about 2 shades lighter than my hair.

After applying and rinsing this out, all the grey was covered with light brown/gold color and the rest of my hair looked completely natural and shiny. For at home color treatment, this is my new HG!

Eyes: Violet

Best hair dye on the market. Fewer scary chemicals, especially for brunettes. Ricky's just discontinued the line (why?), but Whole Foods still carries it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been getting highlights on my dark brown hair every 10 - 12 weeks for about three years. I really like the brilliance it gives my hair, but lately it just doesn't cover my newly arriving gray hair. I didn't want to spend the money or make the commitment to going to the salon more often, yet I hated the gray. I prefer natural products, and came across some great reviews here at MUA. My husband gladly volunteered to play colorist when he found out how much money we would save doing it ourselves. Light burdock successfully masked the gray and added a nice sheen to my hair. It was easy to use, and not too messy. I don't miss my highlights at all, and feel better knowing my gray is covered. I will definitely continue using Naturcolor.

Wow - I am SO glad I found this product. I've been looking for a hair color that is not damaging but will last. People have recommended the Robert Craig but I don't like buying online without being able to see swatches etc. So I went to Whole Foods and got NaturColor on the recommendation of a friend (and a couple of recs on the Hair board). This is it! Yay! I used a color called (6D) Goldenrod Blonde and it turned out beautifully. (NOTE: I don't know why it's called blonde, as it is actually a brown, and a beautiful one, like a rich milk chocolate color). It made my hair very shiny too. Will definitely purchase again!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm so sorry I tried a chemical dye (L'oreal Natural Match) which was in no way natural at all. Naturcolor is far more superior for being natural and it never dryed my hair, made it fall out or smelt bad. I will go back to my HG hair dye again. I should have known better. I'd like to try it in Licorice. I used to use Burdock, but my hair still had a reddish cast to it, but Licorice might be the ticket.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am a very big fan of Naturcolor and have been using it for years. The color is extremely true and the finish very natural. The best part is that it does not actually color the hair into one opaque mass- it follows your natural highlights and lowlights and thus shades it as such. I use Poppyseed which is a soft black during the summer, and Licorice- a true black- during the wintertime. Both formulas are great and very natural, which is oftentimes difficult for black.

Naturcolor works as well or better than every other hair dye I've tried, and does it without all the scary chemicals found in most store brands. It's a little more expensive than buying a box of L'Oreal or something similar, but I'm willing to pay a few extra dollars to lose the ammonia and other icky things that I don't want on my head. This product covers and lasts as long as regular hair dyes (although I'm not sure how well it would work if you have a lot of grey), doesn't dry your hair out and leaves it really shiny. It comes in a wide selection of colors. My only complaint is that a color sample isn't printed on the box anywhere (how stupid!), so in order to see what shade you're getting you have to look at a booklet of color samples that's always sitting near the Naturcolor section at the store. I buy mine at Whole Foods or Larry's Markets.