September 3, 2014 | 1029 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by AddicTedtoMAC

I believe this is my HG foundation. I've already gone through 4 compacts. I wear the 120 Creamy Natural and it's the PERFECT match for my light skin. I have dry skin that's prone to flakiness and also acne, and this works really well for me. I wet the sponge and this literally just slides so easily on my face. Very fast application and looks very natural. The coverage is buildable, and I'd say it provides very good coverage without looking heavy. You'd probably need a concealer for bad blemishes, but this covers up my red marks from old acne perfectly. I LOVE love love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Karie

I love this foundation and I usually use mineral makeup. I dont like a lot of makeup and this stuff is great! It looks so natural and really improves the look of your skin without being heavy. The colors are nice although they are quite light when they go on the skin. It looks a lot darker in the package. I think it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lucky7597

I am very picky about foundations because I am 45 and although good skin, I am still oily in the T-zone area. I really love this foundation. I have the compact with the sponge and it goes on beautifully smooth and radiant. Someone told me they could not believe I was 45 because my skin looked gorgeous. Wow was I happy! Hey with compliments like that I'll keep using it! It has SPF and stays put at least 5 hours. I work 5 hour days and my skin looks as fresh as it did when I applied the makeup in the a.m.! I would definitely repurchase! Good color choices too - very true colors - not orangy!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice texture,goes on smoothe, but I bought three colors that looked close to my skin tone-including buff beige, and wound up tossing them all. I bought all the shades with the least amount of pink, and they are still to pink for asian and eurasian skins for the most part. If they made this in clear,or an olive or a bamboo or almond color,they could reach some new customers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 2:59:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I, too, started out using CG Aquasmooth (cream-to-powder foundation for oilier/combo skin) and liked it. But because I use retinoids, my skin gets the flakies so I decided to switch to the Advanced Radiance version when it came out.

I have light to medium skin color with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25-30, BE 1.2 to 2.0) and I use Buff Beige, which has some yellow in it. This is not a spot-on match of my skin color but it is close enough (Buff Beige is a tad lighter). I wish that Cover Girl would have a greater range of warm colors (the next step up in the warm range is Soft Honey which is so much darker).

Anyway, I like to light to medium coverage of this foundatoin and I like how it makes my skin look flawless. And I also like how it doesn't have any SPF in it (which can counteract the sunscreen that I use under my make up. Note: octinoxate, an ingredient found in many foundations containing SPF protection, breaks down the avobenzone found in many photostable suncreens). By the way, the CG Aquasmooth foundation has SPF protection.

The packaging is somewhat bulky and the sponge gets gross and filthy soon after. I believe you can find replacement sponges that Cover Girl sells. Personally, once my sponge gets filthy, I prefer to wash the sponge and re-use it or just toss it and use my fingers to apply the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Missykay12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation after using several other Cover Girl proucts and likeing them. I have dry skin and I thought this foundation would be better for that. After applying the product it started to sting and after wearinfg it for 25 minutes or so It started burning. I have sensitive skin but, I have never had a foundation burn my skin before. It could be the olay that it is mixed with.
The bottle says for sensitive skin but, I don not think so. The coverage is good and I like the dewy sheen it gave my face without being to greasy. well, Better luck next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by UrbanCowgirl

Yep, this is my HG foundation. I've been using it for a while - loved AquaSmooth, but this formula came out just as my skin began to become too dry for AquaSmooth, so it was "meant", if you will. It's sheer and moisturizing, Classic Ivory is a perfect match, it's natural looking, dewy without being greasy or slipping into lines and pores - just lovelovelove it. I think I'd prefer a smaller compact with the sponge beneath the foundation, only be cause that long compact takes up a lot of space if you're taking it with you, but that's really the only complaint I have. The sponge is good quality, washes easily, etc. Great foundation for a great price if you can find a color that suits you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

I finally tried this because I got a coupon in the mail, and I'm so glad I did! Ivory matches my skintone EXACTLY...and I always have the toughest time finding a perfect match for my light neutral/olive skintone. The texture is creamy and slightly velvety (probably due to the Olay ingredients). The coverage is buildable and heavy enough to cover my cystic acne and old scars. The formula is very similar to CG Aquasmooth, except that Aquasmooth provides a tad bit more coverage and is less moisturizing. I'd rather use Advanced Radiance in the dry, winter months and Aquasmooth in the humid, summer months. I'm very happy with Advanced Radiance for now, and will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by BHill0821

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first and then it kinda just pooped out on me. Made my face nice and smooth the first couple of day s and then my face was all greasy by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Misputer

I wanted so badly to like this. I've used just about all CG foundations and this was a BOGO 1/2 off (so I got the powder too). Within a week I had cystic acne that I haven't been bothered with for a long time. In fact, 3 weeks later, I still have some lingering. I didn't feel that it made me too oily, but something but the OoO products must not have agreed with my skin.