April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice texture,goes on smoothe, but I bought three colors that looked close to my skin tone-including buff beige, and wound up tossing them all. I bought all the shades with the least amount of pink, and they are still to pink for asian and eurasian skins for the most part. If they made this in clear,or an olive or a bamboo or almond color,they could reach some new customers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 2:59:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I, too, started out using CG Aquasmooth (cream-to-powder foundation for oilier/combo skin) and liked it. But because I use retinoids, my skin gets the flakies so I decided to switch to the Advanced Radiance version when it came out.

I have light to medium skin color with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25-30, BE 1.2 to 2.0) and I use Buff Beige, which has some yellow in it. This is not a spot-on match of my skin color but it is close enough (Buff Beige is a tad lighter). I wish that Cover Girl would have a greater range of warm colors (the next step up in the warm range is Soft Honey which is so much darker).

Anyway, I like to light to medium coverage of this foundatoin and I like how it makes my skin look flawless. And I also like how it doesn't have any SPF in it (which can counteract the sunscreen that I use under my make up. Note: octinoxate, an ingredient found in many foundations containing SPF protection, breaks down the avobenzone found in many photostable suncreens). By the way, the CG Aquasmooth foundation has SPF protection.

The packaging is somewhat bulky and the sponge gets gross and filthy soon after. I believe you can find replacement sponges that Cover Girl sells. Personally, once my sponge gets filthy, I prefer to wash the sponge and re-use it or just toss it and use my fingers to apply the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Missykay12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation after using several other Cover Girl proucts and likeing them. I have dry skin and I thought this foundation would be better for that. After applying the product it started to sting and after wearinfg it for 25 minutes or so It started burning. I have sensitive skin but, I have never had a foundation burn my skin before. It could be the olay that it is mixed with.
The bottle says for sensitive skin but, I don not think so. The coverage is good and I like the dewy sheen it gave my face without being to greasy. well, Better luck next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by UrbanCowgirl

Yep, this is my HG foundation. I've been using it for a while - loved AquaSmooth, but this formula came out just as my skin began to become too dry for AquaSmooth, so it was "meant", if you will. It's sheer and moisturizing, Classic Ivory is a perfect match, it's natural looking, dewy without being greasy or slipping into lines and pores - just lovelovelove it. I think I'd prefer a smaller compact with the sponge beneath the foundation, only be cause that long compact takes up a lot of space if you're taking it with you, but that's really the only complaint I have. The sponge is good quality, washes easily, etc. Great foundation for a great price if you can find a color that suits you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

I finally tried this because I got a coupon in the mail, and I'm so glad I did! Ivory matches my skintone EXACTLY...and I always have the toughest time finding a perfect match for my light neutral/olive skintone. The texture is creamy and slightly velvety (probably due to the Olay ingredients). The coverage is buildable and heavy enough to cover my cystic acne and old scars. The formula is very similar to CG Aquasmooth, except that Aquasmooth provides a tad bit more coverage and is less moisturizing. I'd rather use Advanced Radiance in the dry, winter months and Aquasmooth in the humid, summer months. I'm very happy with Advanced Radiance for now, and will continue to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by BHill0821

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first and then it kinda just pooped out on me. Made my face nice and smooth the first couple of day s and then my face was all greasy by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Misputer

I wanted so badly to like this. I've used just about all CG foundations and this was a BOGO 1/2 off (so I got the powder too). Within a week I had cystic acne that I haven't been bothered with for a long time. In fact, 3 weeks later, I still have some lingering. I didn't feel that it made me too oily, but something but the OoO products must not have agreed with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really was disappointed with this because the shades are so pale! The honey shade which I usually wear with CG was about five shades too light for some reason, and it's the darkest color in the line! It went on smoothly but didn't cover very well. I really loved the pump bottle. Unfortunately it had to go back because it was too light. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had changing skin for the past year or so. Consequently, what used to work is not always working now. I guess that's what comes with middle age and maturing skin. Anyway I have a whole drawer full of foundations, liquid, mineral, cream to powder, cheap, expensive, on and on. Out of all of them, this one seems to work the best and I must say I'm surprized. I found if I use a triangular sponge and layer it on in light layers my face looks rather flawless, and it's not. Sometimes I use a concealer since the coverage can be light. I bought the powder compact that goes with this and it helps. The color, Natural Ivory seems to be a good match, so I'm happy. The coverage doesn't last all day and has to be touched up. I don't wear this everyday. I'm just fickle, what can I say?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MzxTina

i love this foundation. it's light and non like most of the foundation you'd get, this actually has a flowery scent that i really really like. this medium coverage foundation blends well on my skin and gives my skin a dewy glow which make it looking very healthy.