November 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Blackdoll24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the 3rd time i bought this product so therefore i think i am happy with it. it coves a highlights my face in the right areas and is the correct shade for my skin.
I will be a return customer. Only complaint i wil have is that its hard to tell when its running out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the one and only for me when it comes to higlighting! I have been using it for a decade now and I can't see me using anything else:) For some years I wore this as a concealer, which many people do, but girls: STOP IT! You don't want your "flaws" highlighted, would you? Well, I still use it under my eyes, so.. hehe..Well, it's pricey, but I use mine every day and I think it takes me about almost a year to empty it:) I highly recommend it to use under your brows, in the inner corner of your eyes, on the cheek bones, along the nose bone and over the middle of your lip. Good luck and have fun! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by saribali

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was concerned after reading reviews here that this wouldn't conceal my dark under eye circles. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised -amazed even- when I applied it for the first time. It was like some magic trick, my circles disappeared! The colour didn't even look that great on the brush, pinkish and not like my skin tone at all but there is some freaky voodoo going on in that gold cylinder because it looks amazing when blended. Great staying power on my skin as well as no emphasising the fine lines under my eyes as most concealers do. No caking either. Finally, at 45, I have found my HG under eye concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally good highlighter, thin and blends nicely, can be used on bare skin. The effect is nice but not so special that can't be achieved with other less expensive products. Will enjoy finishing/using the product but won't repurchase due to the price ($50 cdn)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am now on my 3rd stick of this. I have dry fair skin and I use the lightest, but I don't think it matches me perfectly as it has quite pink undertones. It does look really good and a great wake me up when you apply it, but it is definitely a highlighter and not a concealer as some people may say. Simply because the consistency is so thin. The other downside is that the affect on my skin lasts just over an hour, which is terrible for a product that costs so much. After a few hours any trace of touche eclat is gone from my face. saying that, my skin isnt the best for keeping products on for some reason! it does last about 9 months to a year which is not bad i supppse. So, I did think it was great (apart from not very long lasting) until I tried collection 2000's lasting perfection concealer, which is pretty much the exact same thing but better, because it highlights and conceals, yet is thicker and longer lasting but just as natural looking. It has the same affect as YSL but just has so many better qualities. And for less than a quarter of the price I think I'll stick to that. Take it from someone who has used his product for at least 4 years on and off, I actually don't think it's worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by romhudson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many concealers, and this has been another fave for years now. It's lightweight and always makes me look less tired which is perfect because my job is so exhausting!

I use number 2, which has a bit of yellow in it, so suitable for my skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mua4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please let me preface this review with my usage. My daily makeup routine is: 1) moisturizer w/ SPF 15 2) under-eye concealer 3) Chap-Stick
After trying every type of concealer I could get my hands on, Bobbi Brown worked the best for me. BB is annoying to use, with a concealer brush and two pots (corrector & concealer), thus I'm looking to simplify. I've been using BB for 7 years and today decided to try YSL's Touche Eclat. TE #2 was matched for me at the Saks counter. In the store, it looked way too light, but the next shade up was too dark, so I took the #2 home.
After 9 hours of wear time:
PROS
it still stayed in place, did not become cakey, did not change in color. TE feels very light, as if I did not have any make up on. I wear glasses and it does not leave smudge marks by my nose bridge. very easy to apply.
CONS
TE does not cover my under-eye darkness, in real life. what it does do is highlight my eye area in a lighter shade than my skin, making it very obvious that I'm trying to cover something. like if someone was wearing a foundation shade too light and it's paler and chalkier than her neck.
SELLING POINT
Although in real life, the results are less than desired, in pictures and hd recordings, the results are FLAWLESS.
It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. The product does not have glitter or any 'sparkly light reflecting particles' like some products. Yet, somehow, it photographs extremely well. My moderate under-eye darkness is completely non-existent and the coloring matched my skin perfectly, far superior results than BB. Maybe that's why YSL touts it as, "The beauty secret of the world's top makeup artists and models" _ we only see them in pictures and videos; not in real life!

*I test new makeup by looking at the mirror (indoor & outdoor lighting), taking pictures (with and without flash), and taking hd video recordings (indoors and outdoors).

I will continue to use this product daily, and will report back on whether or not it will knock out BB as my choice. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by kellykn

I bought this a year ago when I was on the hunt for a good highlighter. It was a decent highlighter but it made me break out and I am not even acne proned! Plus I am NC30 and none of the shades were flattering. Try it if you must but totally not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're curious about this product, then by all means, try it out. It seems to work for some people, but I didn't see it do anything for me.

I'm NC20-25, yellow undertones. I originally got this in 1.5 because it's supposed to have yellow in it. Which it does, I suppose. The thing is, it doesn't do anything at all. I think it's because it's so close to my skin shade. So then I got it in 1, which is supposed to be the universal shade. It is very pink, which actually ends up working better for my skin, which has yellow undertones, because it actually shows up a bit. Even though it's pink, you can't really see any pink. So if you're more yellow and 1.5 looks like nothing, you might want to try 1.

Even though 1 was a better shade selection, I was still disappointed with this product. No, I did not expect it to conceal--it doesn't conceal anything, it's so sheer. However, I saw no brightening or highlighting anywhere I used this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Blegh, not a fan of this and even less of a fan for $50! I bought this back in the summer and the pen is almost out and it really fell flat for me. It was a product that wasn't so bad that I had a reason to toss it but wasn't so good that I had a reason to wear it every single day. It covered under eye circles okay, didn't really highlight at all, settled mildly into fine lines. Pretty 'meh'. Definitely not going to repurchase. You can get a good highlighting pen from the drugstore or a highlighter and concealer at a fraction of the cost which do a far better job. Very overhyped!