Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

on 12/12/2006 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this many times. Probably the only Suave product i actually like and have repurchased. I love the smell and the fact that it lingers in my hair after i've blow dried. And it does clean well and smooth out my hair. It is only a shampoo and i don't expect it to change my hair's texture which is coarse and wavy, but it doesn't dry out my hair and washes out all the styling products.
I use the accompanying conditioner too and love it as well.

I was hoping to love this, since I'd been eyeing the matrix formula but thought it too expensive. I hated this product. I used it with the conditioner and it left my hair a flat mess. I also had tons of static running through my hair. It made my blonde hair dull and lifeless. My mother who has thick course hair hated it too. I love suave clarifying shampoo and will be going back to that, but this was no good.

I have straight hair and use these products simply to block frizz and make my hair look shiny and sleek (which I believe is the ONLY intent of this product- not to make curly hair look any straighter) Not quite as good as the orignial Matrix but so much cheaper

on 5/11/2006 7:36:00 PM

Tamed a lot of my frizz and defintely made my hair feel softer. I like the smell, it kind of reminds me of a clean powdery smell. I think considering the price it is worth a shot.

on 4/30/2006 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This made a difference in my hair on the first use! Softer and silkier. And I just used my usual conditioner so it was not that. I have never been able to attribute a difference in my hair to just a shampoo! I got this at a dollar store for less than 2 dollars. You can't beat this line of products for the quality and price.

on 4/13/2006 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Sorry. I really wanted to like this. Tried it twice and am returning it today. Left my naturally curly, chemically treated hair dry. It is cheap. I do not know if I should have gotten the conditioner too. But Pantene Anti Breakage was a better shampoo for me than this.

on 3/5/2006 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i think i've found my HG cheapie shampoo. it's the first d/s shampoo i've used that made my coarse hair stay soft even after it's completely air dried (usually, i've got a mess of fly aways and the coarser hairs tend to spiral and curl, even though my hair is naturally supposed to be stick straight). it's the first Suave Professionals shampoo i've used and i'm very pleased with the results. smells nice too--kinda fruity... a bit citrusy and very clean.UPDATE 02-02-07: when i turned my hair into a greasy mess with dry ends using the Garnier Sleek and Shine products, one shampoo from this line, mixed with a little baking soda, followed with this conditioner turned my hair back to pure silk. that was over half a year ago. i've since ruined my hair with the Biolage line, both the Suave Knock Offs and the real deal Matrix shampoo and conditioner... and unfortunately, this line and the real Matrix sleek.look line won't repair my hair. these lines have way too much silicone in them and it's drying my hair out to the point where if you were to grab my hair and squeeze, you'd hear a crunching sound. i just want to warn my fellow hair afficionadas about these Suave products... they're fabulous, but i can't recommend using them long term, because they'll ruin your hair in the long run, alot sooner than the real Salon versions can... simply because their base has WAY more silicones in them than the real deal. back to my Samy Salon until i can get my hands on Nexxus Therappe and Humectress. i'm not taking off any lippies, because i'll still use this line when i'm GOING OUT and NEED super sleek, gorgeous hair, but until then, i can't use it at all. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this b/c I wondered if it would compare to the Matrix sleek line. It gave me an itchy scalp, and it has a weird plasticky smell.

on 2/17/2006 10:09:00 PM

hey this is great stuff! works really well withot damaging my hair and it's really cheap too!

on 2/17/2006 2:33:00 PM

I think this works much better than the Matrix version. It lathers more and my hair felt softer after I rinsed. It definately helps when blowdrying. I use this with Suave's BioBasics Conditioner and I have awesome results.

Popular Shampoos