December 21, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tomlina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cream on my hands and feet for years. I have it in both the tube and tub containers, and I really like the smell - it reminds me of sweetpea flowers. If you slather it on (as I always do to help my skin deal with the cold Canadian winters) it can take a while to soak in, but if you use it sparingly you would have no problem using it during the day. I get excema on my hands, and aside from my prescription cream, this is the only other cream that has ever soothed my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 8:55:00 AM More reviews by finneganandmaggie

Love love it! For some strange reason I have an obsession with buying hand creams. My hands seem to constantly be dry and rough cuticles...This is something I always go back to. I don't know why I even buy others. I like the scented version that has a clean chamomille scent. Very light scent, not too overpowering. It has glycerine in it--so it is very smooth and non-greasy. Just a dab is needed!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nepthys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A must for anyone with rough/dry skin. It's magic. It's unfraganced and plain, and comes in plain green packaging, and it works. A little bit goes a long way to soothe rough and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gem of a product to carry in your purse. Contains glycerine, silicone and camomile. I have the unscented version in the tube and I've used it EVERYWHERE, my hands, elbows, and yes, even dry areas on my face. It's soooo gentle, I've even used a bit on my lips when I didn't have lipbalm with me. And it's ridiculously cheap! It's heavier than a regular lotion, but not as greasy as something like Neutrogena's Norwegian Hand formula. You just need a tiny bit, so a tube will last forever. I also saw on their website (www.glysomed.com) that they have a body lotion, but I haven't seen it in my local drugstore. I'd love to try that, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by me_n_cap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a tube of wonders: it smoothed and softened my winterized, garden-beaten, couldn't-wear-gloves-and-do-masonry hands and took ten bad years off their appearance to boot. Add no testing on animals, an inoffensive faint scent and the appreciative glint in my bed-partner's eye when I put it on my hands right before bed (yup, it's that slippery, but not greasy, so for me backs of hands only during the day) and you have a workhorse hand cream to please the most finicky to the most product-adverse. A drugstore steal at $2.99 for 1.7 ounces, most often with a dollar off coupon glued to the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kriztene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow very surprised with this product actually. I don't know what it was but I just didn't have much faith in it. I am currently on accutane and one of my side effects is extremely dry hands. I usually use vasaline and put socks over it before going to bed, that was going pretty good. But then my mom showed me this stuff and I decided to give it a try and OMG it works wonders! The vasaline is obviously very thick and i could really do much with it if it was on my hands during the day. The glysomed soaked it fairly fast and made my hands have this weird feeling to them lol can't really describe it but it felt like it was like a wall of protection. My hands were very red and polka dotted and that is extremely reduced now :). This product is actually quite cheap and can be bought at many drugstores! You should really give this stuff a try really isnt anything to loose. Hope i helped!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Suki73

Glysomed is a very nice hand cream made with glycerine, silicone and camomile. The tube I bought (50 ml/1.7 fl oz) was inexpensive, just a few dollars at a local drugstore. I picked up this one on a whim and hadn't heard of it before; I was pleased to see the great reviews here in productville. Because of the glycerine and silicone, I find this to be too slippery for use during the day. I enjoy using this in the evening, before bed, or during times when I don't need immediate use of my hands (ex. not when posting reviews!) I deducted one point because of the fact that I can only use this on a limited basis, and I prefer a hand cream I can use throughout the day. This is fragrance-free and not tested on animals, two great selling points. This did not irritate my eczema. This is a very good product overall and I would give it a 4.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep a small tube of this hand cream at my desk and use it regularly. My palms especially tend to get very dry, especially after washing my hands and during the winter, and I found this cream to be the perfect antidote. It is very moisturizing without being greasy and you only need a small amount. Best of all, a 1.7 oz tube cost me only $3 at duane reade. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is wonderful! I caress my own skin after I use it, it softens so well. I just can't believe *my* skin can be so soft! Trying hand creams seems to be a hobby of mine--I've tried dozens and dozens and dozens--and this by far is the best. I use the unscented formula in the white tube, and I don't know how the regular formula smells. I've had five tubes of it stolen from me so far by friends and family, so when I saw it for $1 at Von's, I bought all fifteen on the shelf. They're going to be stocking stuffers this Christmas. It has glycerine, silicone, and camomile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy moly, this is the best hand cream ever. I can't get over it. I've gone through tubes of Dermalogica, Ahava, Sally Hansen, Neutrogena, you name it-- in search of the ideal hand cream, and I can't believe this is it. It combines the silkiness of Ahava and the absorption and protection of Neutrogena-- but it's SO CHEAP and works better than both. I also like that it comes in Unscented (my preference) and that the tube is small enough to fit in a pocket, but lasts forever because you only have to use a small amount at a time. I will never forget the first time I tried this: I'd been moving furniture in windy, below-freezing weather and my hands were so chapped they nearly bled. I picked up a tube at Duane Reade and deperately applied it to my poor hands-- it was like a miracle. The chapped "pain" went away and my hands looked like new. This stuff got me through one brutal New York winter and I'm sticking with it.