Estee Lauder Beautiful

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This just reminds me of a cliche smell of perfume. It reminds me of something an older lady would wear. I don't like it at all. It just isn't anything special.

on 2/26/2009 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful is a heavy floral perfume. A tad 80s perhaps, but not as overwhelming as many of that era. Smells very similar to Tiffany to me. I used to wear it all the time, and was frequently complimented, but I recently got a new bottle which smells strange on me. I cannot say whether it is me, or whether the scent has changed, but it now smells musty rather than rich. A lovely perfume if you can pull it off.

on 1/3/2009 9:22:00 PM

I absolutely love Beautiful have been wearing off and on for 20 years, it is what the name is, beautiful not overwhelming or headachy type of smell. It is gentle and beautiful. smell it yourself before purchase of corse!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a fan of "big" fragrances in general-- the '50s and '80s are my favorite eras of fragrance launch-- but Beautiful just doesn't suit me. First of all, the initial aldehyde blast is offputting to me-- it's what I can't stand about the Youth Dew spray cologne. Bug-spray-ish, harsh, sickening. Underneat that it's a heavy, musky, deep floral, which in and of itself can be very sexy, but on me it just smells stodgy and fusty. I remember the magazine ads of 20 years ago with Willow Bay and Paulina Porizkova in their wedding veils, which always struck me as odd because the scent seems more suited to an older woman who favors suits from Talbots. No offense-- I admire women like that-- but this scent would suit them better than it does bohemian me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this.

on 12/8/2008 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first thought was "Wow!" It smells like a million flowers. This scent is strong (so use it sparingly). It's also long lasting and very feminine. The ultimate floral. Love it!

on 12/3/2008 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I prefer this fragrance for more mature women. I definitely think teens and women in their twenties should stay away but it is a "beautiful" fragrance as the name describes. My mom has worn it for years and years and I've always loved the scent. Also try "Beautiful Sheer". It's a great alternative for spring/summer and also a better version for younger women.

on 12/3/2008 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Yuck. I find this blast from the past as appealing as the puff-shouldered floral Laura Ashley messes donned during the 80s.

Stuffy, in-your-face and dated.

on 11/16/2008 4:12:00 PM

I was just looking at my smallish fragrance collection, I picked up my bottle of Beautiful which I bought in late 1994. Not even a fourth of it is gone, I sprayed it and realized why. I agree with the reviewer that said it is a "spray and walk through" fragrance, it's very nice but very strong and one squirt is more than enough. I doubt I will ever run out of this as I have an ample amount left and I don't wear it as much now as I used to back in the late 80s/early to mid 90s. I would buy again if I did run out, but a very small bottle. It is a very pretty floral fragrance but strong. For me it's most suitable for those dress up/formal occasions. I don't think I could wear it as an everyday fragrance.

on 10/27/2008 8:36:00 AM

Pretty but strong. Mature scent. deep floral beautiful (hence the name) scent. Very bouquet like.

Popular Fragrances