November 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful is a heavy floral perfume. A tad 80s perhaps, but not as overwhelming as many of that era. Smells very similar to Tiffany to me. I used to wear it all the time, and was frequently complimented, but I recently got a new bottle which smells strange on me. I cannot say whether it is me, or whether the scent has changed, but it now smells musty rather than rich. A lovely perfume if you can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sammyginni

I absolutely love Beautiful have been wearing off and on for 20 years, it is what the name is, beautiful not overwhelming or headachy type of smell. It is gentle and beautiful. smell it yourself before purchase of corse!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of "big" fragrances in general-- the '50s and '80s are my favorite eras of fragrance launch-- but Beautiful just doesn't suit me. First of all, the initial aldehyde blast is offputting to me-- it's what I can't stand about the Youth Dew spray cologne. Bug-spray-ish, harsh, sickening. Underneat that it's a heavy, musky, deep floral, which in and of itself can be very sexy, but on me it just smells stodgy and fusty. I remember the magazine ads of 20 years ago with Willow Bay and Paulina Porizkova in their wedding veils, which always struck me as odd because the scent seems more suited to an older woman who favors suits from Talbots. No offense-- I admire women like that-- but this scent would suit them better than it does bohemian me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mousepotato585

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

My first thought was "Wow!" It smells like a million flowers. This scent is strong (so use it sparingly). It's also long lasting and very feminine. The ultimate floral. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I prefer this fragrance for more mature women. I definitely think teens and women in their twenties should stay away but it is a "beautiful" fragrance as the name describes. My mom has worn it for years and years and I've always loved the scent. Also try "Beautiful Sheer". It's a great alternative for spring/summer and also a better version for younger women.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. I find this blast from the past as appealing as the puff-shouldered floral Laura Ashley messes donned during the 80s.

Stuffy, in-your-face and dated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by teedums

I was just looking at my smallish fragrance collection, I picked up my bottle of Beautiful which I bought in late 1994. Not even a fourth of it is gone, I sprayed it and realized why. I agree with the reviewer that said it is a "spray and walk through" fragrance, it's very nice but very strong and one squirt is more than enough. I doubt I will ever run out of this as I have an ample amount left and I don't wear it as much now as I used to back in the late 80s/early to mid 90s. I would buy again if I did run out, but a very small bottle. It is a very pretty floral fragrance but strong. For me it's most suitable for those dress up/formal occasions. I don't think I could wear it as an everyday fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 8:36:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty but strong. Mature scent. deep floral beautiful (hence the name) scent. Very bouquet like.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jillmarie63

I used to smell this on my aunt a few years ago and she smelled heavenly. I went out and bought some for myself and it was horrible. Very, very musky on me. The drydown never happened. I was wondering if I did something wrong. Then, I tried the lotion and it smelled like bug spray. Maybe this perfume just doesn't work with my chemistry.
Needless to say, I will not repurchase!

EDIT: I recently tried this again and loved it. It must have been an old bottle that I used!!! I LOVE this fragrance.