April 20, 2014 | 1719 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this amazing eye pencil from Clinique. It's the perfect brown shade. Great quality, goes on like a dream. Very creamy and soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 7:56:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

I don't like complicated eyeliner. I like to swipe, smudge a little, and go... no Fluidlines, no gels, nothing involving brushes. This is a great deep lustrous brown. I have medium brown hair, and huge deep brown eyes.. because of their hugeness, it makes black eyeliner sometimes look too harsh and too flat. This is a very wearable liner because it doesn't pull at all. Washes off easily with make-up remover. The only downside to this liner is that it's not retractable -- I love the ease of Quickliners, but they don't have the smooth, buttery texture of Cream Shapers. If Clinique bred the two they'd have the ultimate eyeliner, but I'm really happy with this one. I suggest everyone (even those without the need for a brown eyeliner, the other colors are extremely flattering as well) try these out just to witness the great texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very basic e/l, not only in the sense that it can be used everyday for a natural look, but also, I think, it's sort of a no-brainer for anyone who's starting to use e/l since the texture is really soft and easy to apply. Chocolate Lustre would definitely work for anyone with brown eyes IMO. However, since I've already owned a couple of MAC fluidlines and LM e/l cakes, it's sort of fallen into disuse. It does smudge a bit after 3 hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

Enamored of the cream shaper Egyptian, I purchased this. This e/l has a similarly pliable texture that's easy on the eyes(no tugging). The color is a chocolate brown(surprise) - not as dark/harsh as Chanel's Coffee Bean, my other staple - & shot through with subtle gold shimmer. The subtlety is important as this e/l can easily be worn in a professional setting w/o fear of teenybopper reputation retribution. Lasts about three hours on my (admittedly oily) lids, hence the lippie off. [reference: light brown eyes, LSF 5, Asian]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeliner.Simply put,it's the most gorgeous shade of brown ever made.The texture of these pencils are like silk,super creamy and smooth,yet the staying power is unbelievable.The best eye pencil,period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ffsgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great everyday staple shimmery brown creamy eyeliner. Doesn't tug or feel uncomfortable going on, just simply glides on. I reach for this often and it doesn't smudge on my oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I love this stuff!!! Thanks to you girls, I read and reread your reviews, then went out last weekend and got this puppy. Needless to say, I am *not* disappointed. I have grossly oily eyelids, and although I use my HG, UD Primer Potion daily, I was somehow still worried this liner wouldn't "adhere" to the PP, and it would end up smudging right off my dang eyeballs. It didn't, doesn't, won't, can't, not-gonna-let-it...you get the pic! Oh - and it's a beautiful, luscious, rich shade of brown. Just creamy enough where it almost allows you to pull off a sorta smokey look without having to do your whole eye. Love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by HippyChick0u812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi Ladies, For reference, I am a BE 2.3. This is my 2nd cream shaper and I must say that I am impressed with these. They go on so smoth yet don't smudge away on me like so many other soft pencils do. For the longest time I had quit using my pencils it seemed that there was always somthing about them that has started to turn me off, They were either too soft and smudged like crazy or very hard which makes applying diffcult to say the least. Byt cream shapers have brought me back to pencils again. Thanks to all the great Rec's for these. They are well worth the $13.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

The very BEST liner pencil out there, to me. Goes on smoothly, with a gel-like consistency. Has deep rich color and glows rather than sparkles. Easy to use, and best of all, lasts and lasts and stays where you put it.
Who knew? I am NOT a Clinique fan, quite the opposite. But all the Cream Shapers, for eyes and for lips, are spectacular. A new breed of pencil-and I'll be buying every new color that works for me that they come out with, I have 4 e/l and 2 l/l now. Clinique has hit a home run with these!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so creamy and so easy to apply! I was skeptical, but when I went to Bloomie's (because it was BONUS time!) I was sold on this by one of the MA's. She told me it would look beautiful with Buttered Bronze Eye Duo (she was sort of right - I think it's too bold for Buttered Bronze) so I bought it - only because they were sold out of Egyptian. It's very nice, I wore it for the first time yesterday and it was so pretty, I was complimented on it by four different women. I'm pleased with this new group of liners! (and I'm not usually a liner gal!)