September 30, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

Love this - I reach for this liner more than any other I own. The Cream Shapers go on so smoothly and they're easy to smudge/blend. Plus they stay on like no other. It's hard to believe something creamy has this sort of lasting power, but they do. Chocolate Lustre is a rich brown with no hints of red. A lot of brown liners make me look sickly because they have lots of red tones (MAC's brown liners, mostly). Great product, overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

I bought this item based on the rave here and I must say that I'm not disappointed. I'm a pencil eyeliner user since I started using makeup so I have tried a few brands. This is my favourite though. The colour is dark brown (that's slightly lighter than most dark brown liners) with some shimmer in it. On your lids you cannot really see the shimmer though unless you really close up. Nevertheless, the shimmer adds a gorgeous touch to my normal dark brown liner. The texture is creamy like its name and so easy to glide on. The best part is the fact that it DOESN'T smudge which is really a surprise considering how creamy it is (Most long wearing liners have drier consistency). I have very very oily lids and aread around my eyes in general. Even Revlon colour stay eyeliner smudge on my lower lash line but cream shaper doesn't move after a 10 hour day. This needs sharpening but I don't mind it at all considering how great the result is. The only downfall is that you may not be able to achieve super fine lines with this ( but to me this is not a big issue). I would recommend this to everybody who loves pencil liners!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this amazing eye pencil from Clinique. It's the perfect brown shade. Great quality, goes on like a dream. Very creamy and soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 7:56:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

I don't like complicated eyeliner. I like to swipe, smudge a little, and go... no Fluidlines, no gels, nothing involving brushes. This is a great deep lustrous brown. I have medium brown hair, and huge deep brown eyes.. because of their hugeness, it makes black eyeliner sometimes look too harsh and too flat. This is a very wearable liner because it doesn't pull at all. Washes off easily with make-up remover. The only downside to this liner is that it's not retractable -- I love the ease of Quickliners, but they don't have the smooth, buttery texture of Cream Shapers. If Clinique bred the two they'd have the ultimate eyeliner, but I'm really happy with this one. I suggest everyone (even those without the need for a brown eyeliner, the other colors are extremely flattering as well) try these out just to witness the great texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very basic e/l, not only in the sense that it can be used everyday for a natural look, but also, I think, it's sort of a no-brainer for anyone who's starting to use e/l since the texture is really soft and easy to apply. Chocolate Lustre would definitely work for anyone with brown eyes IMO. However, since I've already owned a couple of MAC fluidlines and LM e/l cakes, it's sort of fallen into disuse. It does smudge a bit after 3 hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 1:33:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

Enamored of the cream shaper Egyptian, I purchased this. This e/l has a similarly pliable texture that's easy on the eyes(no tugging). The color is a chocolate brown(surprise) - not as dark/harsh as Chanel's Coffee Bean, my other staple - & shot through with subtle gold shimmer. The subtlety is important as this e/l can easily be worn in a professional setting w/o fear of teenybopper reputation retribution. Lasts about three hours on my (admittedly oily) lids, hence the lippie off. [reference: light brown eyes, LSF 5, Asian]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eyeliner.Simply put,it's the most gorgeous shade of brown ever made.The texture of these pencils are like silk,super creamy and smooth,yet the staying power is unbelievable.The best eye pencil,period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ffsgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great everyday staple shimmery brown creamy eyeliner. Doesn't tug or feel uncomfortable going on, just simply glides on. I reach for this often and it doesn't smudge on my oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I love this stuff!!! Thanks to you girls, I read and reread your reviews, then went out last weekend and got this puppy. Needless to say, I am *not* disappointed. I have grossly oily eyelids, and although I use my HG, UD Primer Potion daily, I was somehow still worried this liner wouldn't "adhere" to the PP, and it would end up smudging right off my dang eyeballs. It didn't, doesn't, won't, can't, not-gonna-let-it...you get the pic! Oh - and it's a beautiful, luscious, rich shade of brown. Just creamy enough where it almost allows you to pull off a sorta smokey look without having to do your whole eye. Love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by HippyChick0u812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi Ladies, For reference, I am a BE 2.3. This is my 2nd cream shaper and I must say that I am impressed with these. They go on so smoth yet don't smudge away on me like so many other soft pencils do. For the longest time I had quit using my pencils it seemed that there was always somthing about them that has started to turn me off, They were either too soft and smudged like crazy or very hard which makes applying diffcult to say the least. Byt cream shapers have brought me back to pencils again. Thanks to all the great Rec's for these. They are well worth the $13.50.