September 1, 2014 | 982 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Rolla

Ladies, this product is absolutely fantastic. I sampled tons of concealers - Touche Eclat, EL Double Wear, Effacernes, Biotherm Forget It, you name it - this little gem beats them all. I'm so happy I found it. It matches my skin tone perfectly, covers dark circles very well and doesn't crease, the consistency is just right, the click-pen container is very handy. The price is reasonable, in my opinion. I don't think it will last me long, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so torn on this product. On the one hand, the product consistency is nice. It adheres well to the skin and doesn't slide around into the creases under my eye. It also has pretty decent coverage that holds all day, and doesn't seem to ever appear heavy or cakey under the eye. I was able to find a good color match (shade #2), and the click pen dispenser is very nice. However, there are definite small sparkles in this. At first, I thought it was eyeshadow fallout. But I kept seeing the sparkle, when looking up close in a mirror. So, I washed the brush and applied this to completely bare, freshly washed skin. Sure enough, on close inspection, there are small sparkles in this. I don't really like a lot of shimmer on my face, although, from a distance the sparkles cannot be seen. But I know they are there looking closely. So, this is a good product. But the sparkles (and they are tiny, and not concentrated) are still there, and it leaves me questioning this product. UPDATE: I found that I can also wear shade #1 in this. Shade #1, however, is more pink-toned than #2, and of the two, I pefer #2 for my NC15 skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am absolutely speechless...I think I squeeled out loud when I tried this for the first time at Sephora. I heard about the product from Allure and almost didn't believe how good their review was so I had to try it for myself. Click pen/brush in format, the concealer comes out after a certain amount of clicks - it's creamy but very light, so it goes into the skin right away leaving no thick residue or cakey after feel....for such a light creamy consistency, the coverage is AMAZING - it takes at least 3-5 years off the eye....AND it doesn't crease!! I have tried almost EVERY concealer out there, and this beats even my most favorite one (stephane marais)....It truly is worth all the hype, and for a $31, definitely worth the price. The only downside is that there are only 6 colors - I would hope for a color that's in between their "5" and "6" and maybe on more color that is for much darker skin....let me put it this way: they can't put ENOUGH of numbers/colors out in this formula because as soon as the word spreads that Mister Light is Mister Perfect, they won't be able to keep any of it on the shelf. This product deserves a perfect score all the way around!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by IndigoGirl

Great product, has nice light diffusing particles that are so fine it doesn't look shimmery or sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blublu

The pen delivery system is ideal for application. Seems very hygenic, plus, works well when applying over a layer of whatever the eye cream du jour happens to be. Best of all, the color I selected, #4 Mister Macaroon, is PERFECT for me. Let me restate that . . . the color that was selected FOR ME by the Givenchy rep who was visiting at Sephora, is perfect! I doubt that I could have had the same success if I had tried choosing it myself -- there are so many shades with incremental nuances in shade. Not a problem, though. On the contrary, I view such an extensive color range as a distinct plus. Just get assistance with the selection of the right shade, if you are makeup-selection-challenged, like I am.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Givenchy Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen in #1 Mister Meringue.

I find this is the best concealer I have ever used! It comes in a pen-like container with a brush at the end. You "click" the top of the pen to release the concealer into the brush, apply, and then blend with a finger or makeup sponge. I really like the "pen" form for concealer;the wand-type concealers (like Lancome Maqui-complet)tend to be too wet; the lipstick-type concealers tend to be too dry and heavy; and due to possible contamination I don't care for concealers in a pot. Also, I can seldom find a concealer that is light enough for my PPP skin. I even tried Bonne Bell White White but that didn't quite work, either! I have a few broken capillaries that defy coverage by any makeup, including concealers, but Mister Light covers them beautifully. $31 US at Sephora.com. I will repurchase when necessary, something I have never done before with a concealer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a stylo-brush concealer with a similar design to YSL Touche Eclat except the packaging's black. It calls itself 'Instant Light Corrective Pen', so it's aimed at under-eye shadows as well as covering blemishes. I use it for covering the tell-tale signs of zits past and present, and I really like the texture. It's thick enough to do a great cover-job, but light enough not to look in the least gloopy. And #2 is a perfect, perfect match for my PPP skin. When I tried it, I just couldn't believe how EXACTLY like me it looked! What's more, it keeps its color well, and doesn't darken horribly after a few hours. A really useful staple for my MU bag!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No