September 1, 2014 | 2137 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer--Sunkissed

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ranifaye

Based on the good reviews, I decided to try this. I've never tried a tinted moisturizer, but saw this at a cheaper price at my Base Exchange (military mall) than many of the drugstores around my area have it for, so I figured I give it a shot.

I wanted to love this product but sadly, I found it to be only OK. I wasn't overly impressed with it. The coverage is nice and light, but when I applied it, it begn to dry too quickly for me and didn't let me blend it in. I had to mix in some of my regular moisturizer for a more slick and easy application. I am happy that it didn't leave me greasy and shiny by the end of the day (and I tend to get fairly oily as the day goes on).

I probably would re-purchase if I don't find something better beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous tinted moisturizer! And for only about four bucks. I bought this based on positive reviews here and wasn't disappointed. The color is perfect for my medium skin. It is heavier than most TM's I have used but it covers so well and makes my skin very soft. Zero shine. It stays on better than any TM I have used (including my recent fave by Neutrogena). The only one slight drawback (to me) is that, as others have said, it is 100% matte. I like a bit of dewy-ness in my TM's - but that can be accomplished with a a bit of luminizer or bronzer. This one doesn't break me out, stays on longer than even some foundations, doesn't look cakey or heavy (even after primer and applying powder), it's cheap and easy to find. All in all a great product and I will definitely repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer. My favorite is MD Skincare but I saw the high rating for this and thought I'd give it a try. I picked it up at Walgreens for $3.99 and wasn't sure which to get, Natural or Sunkissed, so I went with Sunkissed. Usually a light/med works on me but the color of this looks lighter in the bottle than what you get. So this is a tad too dark for me, I will pick up the natural and see how that works. If I must I can mix the two and for the price it's an awesome deal. I need a heavier tinted moisturizer to cover some blemishes and redness. Others I've tried like cover girl are nice but too sheer for me. I like the cover of this and it feels nice and the price cant be beat. The real test for me will be to see if this breaks me out (like most things do). I will give it a try for awhile to see if I notice breakouts. Overall I say give it a try. I also picked up their highlighter for my cheeks for $4.99 and it's very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by localgal

Great value! I love this stuff,I use it throughout the summer.I tend to get oily in the summer and this moisturizer covers well and is very light on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lvelazquez18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it just to try it and I really liked it. It's really similar to my Clinique's Moisture Sheer Tint and I completely LOVE that. So I would recommend it to anyone on a budget. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by dutchcrush

Mine is not the "Ultimate Sheer" one. It's just written "tinted moisturizer" on the tube. This is the first time I have ever used a tinted moisturizer and I'm glad I tried this! It goes on smoothly, looks very natural, moisturizes and has SPF 15. What more can I expect?? This 'sunkissed' shade is a bit darker than my complexion but it makes me look healthier (I'm a bit pale). And the best of all: it doesn't break me out! I have used a lot of higher end foundations and also mineral makeups (cannot believe that I broke out badly from Everyday Minerals :(
I have used this for a week. Will come back later to edit if there's any change ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by aquaphilic

I'm so glad I found this. I don't usually take a chance on inexpensive foundation products, but this really performs for the price. Just right if you want a light foundation. The only thing that would make it better is a bit of luminosity. I mix in a little liquid Revlon Skinlights (about 4 parts foundation to 1 part luminizer). The result has prompted people to ask me what products I use, saying that my skin looks so "fresh".

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

I really wanted to like this. I used it for about 2 weeks and I finally just couldn't take it anymore. The color and coverage are good-not heavy and light to the point where I still see my natural skin underneath and not all my flaws disappear. I wanted a tinted moisturizer for that purpose-not to cover up everything, but for days I need somelight coverage quickly just to head to the drugstore or and early morning class. The reason I can't use this is that it turns my skin into greaseball status an hour after I apply. I know I have combo/oily skin, but the oiliness has really diminished since I outgrew my bad teenage skin. I honestly haven't had a product turn me so greasy so fast in a very long time. Seems to work for a lot of people, and I'm disappointed it didn't work for me b/c it's very cute and the price is so great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I am usually a fan of Hard Candy’s Hint Tint but needed a darker color because of my summer tan. Being impatient and not wanting to wait for shipping I ran to the local drugstore and picked up a bottle this. For the price, $4.00, why not give it a try.
Big huge rave to W& W tinted moisturizer in Sunkissed! I cannot believe how great this product works. It has excellent coverage for a TM but not quite enough moisturizer. I would classify this as more of an extra sheer foundation than TM. It smoothes on easily using fingers only and the results are even. No sponge needed. The formula gives you enough time to blend before drying. My skin tone was instantly evened and looked so natural it would be tough to tell I was wearing anything on my skin. I was shocked that it lasted through a busy 12 hour day and looked nearly as fresh as it had that morning. No complaints here. This may be my new HG.

Even though I strayed and tried about 5 other TM's since first discovering this, I am back with it full time. Love it. 8/21/09.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am shocked to say that I absolutely adore this product. And here is additional blasphemy. It's very similar to my beloved, discontinued PX Unmakeup. Usually IME drugstore products are crappy, contain inferior pigments and foul smells and worse colors- especially when you get to bottom-tier brands like WNW. However, this is the exception to my experience with ds brands!!! This blends into my skintone (MAC NC35) perfectly, hides my enormous pores, smooths out my sad little lines and assorted imperfections, supplies SPF 15, and acts as a fabulous base for powder. All I need to do is dab a bit of KA SSE on any spots and I'm good to go- for hours on end, which is shocking. I realize some people complain that this isn't really a TM but as someone who has tried 100s of foundations, I feel qualified to say that the coverage is in fact not like a "real" foundation. Real foundation has much more pigment, for one thing. It's nice and matte too, but gives you enough time to work it in. No breakouts and I'm very acne prone. PS, mineral oil doesn't cause breakouts... check out zerozits.com. Of course, YMMV. It's fabulously cheap, and the packaging is okay (squirty tube with narrow opening.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No