December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't quite decide how I like this product yet. I like the way it scrubs. It does work well once mixed with a little water. I only use it in the shower. It smells wonderful. But like other posters it does seem to leave a film afterward. With a little toner it clears off. It does leave my skin with a nice glow though and I have a little stress acne that it is clearing up. I put that I would buy it again, but I'm still on the new and can't really decide if I like it or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has a unique smell but I have become addicted to it. It is one of the only exfoliants that work without overdrying. I have oily skin that is lately blemish-prone, and this works. I do cleanse afterwards, but mostly just because I always feel the need to after exfoliating. It washes off cleanly, by the way, with no leftovers on your face.

This is the exfoliator for you if you exfoliate more than some people, because it does the same job less harshly (good!).

It's cheap too, and it lasts quite a while because you use water to make it useable, which is nice. You get quite a bit for $10, and I'm sure in the states you can get it even cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BarbaraGordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this scrub for dry and sensitive skin (like mine). I found that this scrub is way too harsh for me to use daily. If I use it more than once a week my skin gets irritated.
Someone who reviewed the Orange Essence cleanser recommended using it with the Citrus scrub. I tried it and I like it : ) Using the Orange Essence cleanser with this scrub instead of water makes it creamier. It may also remove some of that “film” that other people have experienced when using the Orange Essence cleanser.
I won’t buy this again – not because it’s a bad product, I just don’t think it’s geared toward my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ashleyboesen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of this product. The little exfoliating things tear up my skin and it is uncomfortable. I would reccomend MAC's Microfine Refinisher. It has man made beads that are perfectly around as to not tear or irratae your skin. Its not a face wash though, just a scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ccoles22

I love the smell of this scrub - it reminds me of spiced honey cake with lemon zest! The packaging is adorable and it's fun to put on. The downside: it may feel good (psychologically?) to scrub away at your skin but my goodness this stuff is rough! I use it once every two weeks at the very most and I am apply it in a very easy and gentle circular motion. It's a good exfoliant but if you have very sensitive or acne prone skin I would avoid this altogether - the rough little grandules will do you no good!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Sapphie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Burts Bees products, and Burts Bees Citrus Facial Scrub is a part of my facial cleansing routine I can't do without. I have tried a variety of facial scrubs out there, but always went back to this product.

While I do have acne prone skin, this has never failed me once, and never caused severe outbreaks or anything of the like. It leaves my skin feeling soft, glowing and fresh with no gritty or slimey afterfeeling.

All in all, I would recommend this product to anybody, except maybe for those with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by keititatsudoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited to try this product, I love Burt's Bees. Unfortunatly, I used this once and within hours my face was broken out worse than it ever has in my life! I don't know if it was the oils in the exfoliant (though I don't have acne prone skin...) or if I've had some sort of allergic reaction. Either way, I'm just glad my skin is normal now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by vms1

i like this scrub, it smells yummy and makes my skin glow! im a total makeup junkie and have tried pretty much all the natural, organic skin care lines and this scub is the best. Just be careful not to scrub too hard ladies the pecans probably can get harsh on your skin! oh by the way i wish this was in a tube instead of a jar, burts bees can make there natural stuff a pain in the a$$ to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by soandso

If I'm going to buy a scrub versus make it myself, I go with this scrub. It exfoliates and moisturizes, which is fantastic. The particles can be hard to clean if you leave them on the tub or in the sink for too long and the product can be difficult to get out of the container, but the packaging is overall quite nice and recyclable, which I appreciate. It's always something I'll swap for because I feel it's a quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by georgiapeach416

Love it! My face is soooo smooth after being scrubbed down with this...it's great!! I always tip upside down after to get excess water out of the little pot.