July 31, 2014 | 2097 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this, but for the life of me can't understand why one would use a makeup brush to apply it. I sprayed in the Z motion once (closed my eyes) looked into the mirror and could not believe my eyes. I blended what need to be blended with my fingers. My face was flawless. Unbelievable. I'm still in shock that I had a face with full coverage in a matter of seconds. My diamond studs were covered with makeup, so next time I'll be careful. It's 4 hours later and my face still looks flawless. Time will tell if I still feel this way after using it more often.

I really don't see the purpose of using a brush, that would completely defeat the purpose of the foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by OvaryUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this at Sephora one day as I was searching for a new foundation. I was intrigued by the spray-on application. I liked this, but ended up returning it because I felt it was too harsh for everyday wear and too expensive just to keep around. Pros: easy, fast and fun to apply; good, flawless-looking coverage; color matched well. Cons: seemed drying and clogged my pores; nozzle seemed faulty beginning with first application. I removed one Louie for price and one for the nozzle, which I felt was prone to clogging or breaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleMoulinRouge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is without question the HG of Foundations... And I should know! Quick "z" spray over primer, use a wet sponge to touch up around eye area - and WA-LA you have a perfect canvas! LOVE this and have used steadily since finding. Expensive - yes... But well worth it. LOVE LOVE LOVE 💗

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by andrewkyle

This product has been my saving grace on so many occasions! I swear this foundation works wonders. Whenever I'm hating my skin and don't even want to go out, I put this on within 10 minutes and my face is F L A W L E S S. I get compliments all the time with this stuff. I definitely wouldn't recommend for everyday wear, just because it does feel a little heavy and might break you out, but you NEED this stuff for a night out. I'm on my 4th can, and counting :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another Dior favorite foundation. I also use the Dior Forever Flawless Perfection (030). I reserve the Airflash (300 Beige) for occasional wear, as I have several other foundations that I can alternate, including the FFP.

Pros:
Flawless finish
Long-lasting (especially considering my very oily skin)
Easy to apply/blend

Cons:
Price

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked well for my sensitive skin, but it just doesn't work for me overall. My skin looked dewey, but the color didn't last long throughout my busy day. I liked the lightness of the product, so if you're looking for light coverage, this is for you. The spray bottle was interesting, but I felt that it eventually got sticky and didn't spray much out in one spray. I never sprayed it directly onto my face either, but on a brush or clean plate. Aside from those details, the price is way out of my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by gemswah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Without doubt, the best foundation ever. If only it wasn't so damn expensive! I'm lucky to have clear skin, so I only use foundation if I want to even out pores/slight freckles when going out. I spray this on a foundation brush then apply, building up until I'm happy with the level of coverage (usually sheer to medium). It'll last me maybe 4 months wearing only occasionally. But oh.. that price! Still, I'll keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have used it by spraying on the face or using a foundation brush, both ways look great, though if you spray you need to be careful not to get it in your hair or on any clothes! The finish is an airbrushed look, natural, perfect. I can't believe how good my skin looks with this, not heavy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by JoannaSLS

This product is fabulous, but not perfect. Starting with the downsides, it's really expensive on a cost per use ratio. The best price I've found here is £27 (roughly $60?) and it lasts perhaps three weeks with everyday use. I also don't like the clunking sound the can makes when the product is almost gone; it starts to feel like I'm about to spray a wall or car when I shake it!
However; one application gives me a flawless complexion and finish. I've never found another foundation to do that so easily. I have combination skin that is prone to large pores and the occassional breakout, but Airflash covers all of that and also gives a great base for a sweep of bronzer and blush. It's so quick to use and transform my face, it looks and feels like a quality product and due to some light reflection technology, it really does make you look great in photos!
I started using Airflash as my daily foundation and consistently had good comments about my skin. However, after prolonged use I wasn't comfortable about repeatedly using an aerosol on my face, and found my pores to be more enlarged and clogged. I wouldn't suggest it for everyday use for this reason, although the coverage and effect was consistent.
Overall, I've found it a perfect "Party" product; my skin looks flawless in photos and it's a must have product for a special occassion.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've come to think of Dior Airflash as my abusive boyfriend who I keep running back to despite the fact that I know it's bad for me.

Dior Airflash and I go way back in the day. I first used this six years ago, as a frustrated teenager with acne. I remember going to Sephora with my giddy teenager girl friends and annoying the sales associates by trying on all the makeup. I sprayed the tester bottle on my face and determined that I found love in a bottle. My pimple-laden face was suddenly smooth and all discoloration and scars were covered within two sprays/applications. Any indented scars or wrinkles (from both cystic acne and chicken pox scars) - less pronounced. My face almost looked angelic with a slight halo effect when I stood in the lighting. Something was magical about this foundation. This foundation is an ally of interior lighting. Never looks too bad in harsh lighting, probably due to the pearl pigments they talk about or whatever. Very photo-friendly. The texture is by far the thinnest I've encountered that still manages to function medium-to-full coverage (you can control the coverage). It dries to a powdery feeling semi-matte natural finish.

However, after the first year of using it I dumped this foundation for other men (erm, other foundations). There were prices to pay with Dior Airflash - both literally and figuratively. Literally, this foundation costs over $60. That's especially an ouch factor, considering the bottle does not last me more than a month if I use it everyday as a medium-to-full coverage (2-3 sprays around the face). Secondly, the color range is terrible. I am a neutral NW20-25. Light Beige 200 is too dull beige on me, so I use Cameo 202. It looks fake tan orange in dim lighting and it probably is a tad too dark, but the great thing about airbrush is that you can get away color mismatches since it seams with the skin better.

Thirdly, the foundation has what I call the Cinderella curse. Remember how Cinderella looked all dolled up and fancy for the ball, but had to leave before midnight or else she'd turn into a pumpkin (or was it her carriage)? Well, this stuff gives me about five hours max of near perfect skin. But after a few hours the clock strikes midnight for me (or more like one o'clock in the afternoon), and it goes downhill from there. Party's over. I turn into the ugly pumpkin. It melts off and disappears from the face, gets very oily and shiny, transfers onto clothing, oxidizes, and if you try to touch up with any powder that will just kill the natural glow of the foundation. On top of all that, the ingredients are just plain terrible for my skin. That's when I think of it as an abusive boyfriend. I know it does nothing to help my acne or my wallet. But after years messing around with 100+ normal high end and drugstore foundations, I kept running back to Dior.

Why? Because the few hours of perfection that I get with this are worth it to me and outweigh all the cons. May sound ridiculous, but when you're a girl who's suffered from a bad complexion for a years and you finally get compliments on YOUR SKIN, you would understand why it's worth it. I'm hoping that the aerosol foundations will have improvements made over the years but for now this is my only refuge. Airbrush foundation seems to be growing in popularity. Regular bottle foundation, however great it may be, will never be able to diffuse and hit the skin the same way airbrush does with even distribution. Think of how aerosol sunscreens, hairprays, and tanning solutions are all distributed more evenly than creams and manual spray bottles. I've tried the Sally Hansen Carmindy aerosol, and it came out chunkier and "spritzier," which made it less airbrush-like. I've also tried the Temptu airbrush system, but found that to be even oilier (it's silicone) and took too much time to spray the entire face due to the smaller snout/nozzle. I've tested Napoleon Perdis aerosol foundation, which is just a can of tinted water. I still want to try ERA Cosmetics aerosol and the compressors systems from OCC, Dinair, Luminesse, etc.

Because of the price and the harsh ingredients, I will eventually have to reserve this for special occasions and find a cheaper albeit less perfect foundation to live with everyday. I do not apply this with a brush or sponge like others, because I feel that defeats the purpose and it doesn't look that even. I'm currently searching for the perfect touch up powder that won't kill the glow. You have to be careful how you moisturize before this - too thick of a moisturizer and the finish will look cakey and gross (this stuff sucks onto anything it's directed at - including peach fuzz you didn't even know you had!). Too thin/dry of moisturizer, and this stuff will dry up your face on contact. Don't use a primer with this, it'll ruin the texture.

Would NOT recommend this for those with very dry skin and those paler than NC/NW15 (the colors run dark).

42 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No