October 2, 2014 | 887 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

yuck...this did nothing for my hair and it was so tangled. I dont care for the scent either. So glad I had a smaple and didnt waste money on this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by bermudabetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A gem of a conditioner. Exceptional quality, beautiful scent. Works wonders in my fine, damaged hair. Leaves my hair glossy, full and repaired. Perfect to use once a week as a deep treatment. If only for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mjemere

Even though this was little expensive, it really worked wonders for my hair. I have African American, relaxed, highlighted hair.lol Yes, a lot of maintenance. Anyway, this really brings moisture to my hair. I put this in my hair overnight and when I washed it out the next day, my hair felt wonderful. The treatment is pretty thick so do not put too much on if you have thin hair.
Overall, I really like this treatment and I'll probably use it once a month for deep treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff IS expensive: $26 for 4 ounces. But sooooo worth it. I have baby fine, yet wavy and very dry hair. I have spent a fortune looking for a treatment that would effectively condition my hair, yet not weigh it down. This works perfectly. Because my hair is so dry, I tend to use a lot of product on it during the week, which weighs it down a bit by the weekend. I use this conditioner every Sunday along with my Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo. It is the perfect weekly combination to both deep condition your hair yet get rid of build-up. My hair is healthy, conditioned, shiny and bouncy. If the price scares you, see if your AVEDA store will give you a sample. That's how I got hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by JoyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this at the hairdressers. My hair was dry from my highlights i had previously and after one application of this product my hair was soft and shiny. i bought the product but it is the most expensive hair product i have ever bought but its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fanatastic for my overprocessed, bleach-fried strands. I left it in overnight and woke up with the softest, silkest hair. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by fallinghair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK. Be warned that if you have unprocessed African-American hair, this conditioner will mess you up. I bought it and it worked really well the first 4 times I used it. I wash my hair 2x a week. So I used it once a week or every other week. I used it with the Damage control shampoo. Since my hair was ultra dry I combined the conditoner with the beautifying oil. My hair was soft and manageable. Then one day BAM, I washed my hair and it felt like steel wool! I discontinued using it for 2 weeks and tried everything under the sun to make my hair soft again. I used the product again last night, not wanting to believe that it was the product and my hair is dehydrated to the max. I think that it may take a month of super moisturizing before it will come back to being soft again. Also I noticed that it was breaking off. What I thing happens with this conditioner that if you over use it, it will have the opposite effect on your hair and damage it. BEWARE. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE BLACK HAIR. AVEDA PRODUCTS ARE NOT MADE FOR US.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by fauale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I adore a lot of Aveda products (blue malva, shampure, elixir...) but this is really disappointing!!!!!! And costs a fortune. Did nothing for my hair. Waste of money

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Fiddleheads

My colorist RAVED about this product, so I bought it. My hair is fine, but I've got lots of it, it's color treated from brown to medium tone blonde. My hair is about 4 inches past shoulder, so as you might imagine the ends are not pristine, plus I straight-iron it just about every day. The conditioner worked, but it was no better than Pantene (sp?) that I've used previously, and the Pantene costs a fraction of the price. I paid $32 for the Aveda. I wasn't expecting a miracle from something that you wash out, but this was still a disappointment. Save your money, buy a cheap conditioner and just leave it on a bit longer. I'm only giving it 2 lippies, for being too expensive and not that effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sparklesforuRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather pricey deep treatment for my dry, damaged hair...but SO worth it:) I have chemically processed, naturally curly hair that I blow dry straight pretty much everyday, and this treatment leaves my hair so soft and healthy feeling/looking. I'm not as crazy about the damage rememdy shampoo and daily conditioner, but the treatment is awesome! I do have thick hair and the texture is a mix of fine and coarse strands, but this never makes my hair feel coated or weighed down..like so many deep conditioners do. My hair soaks this stuff up, and it really does make a difference. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry/damaged hair.