November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome stuff! I love how smooth it makes your skin! I highly recommend everyone try this, unless you have super sensitive skin, it may be a little too harsh for them, but then again most things are for them. I use it like once a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 1:11:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Great product! I believe that to keep skin looking clear and radiant, one should always exfoliate, at least do this often. I have tried Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Dermanew, etc, and other microdermabrasion kits and this is one of the best. Left my face sooooo soft and clear looking. Easy to use and even easier to rinse off, MK has a winner with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by KGraham312

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this microdermabrasion formula. I am currently using both MK's and Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence for Sensitive Skin. MK's makes my skin look and feel so soft and fresh. I even used it today with my Youthful Essence microdermabrasion tool and it worked out great. It's a little pricey and if used as much as they reccommend it doesn't last very long, so because of that I REALLY wish they gave us a little more product. But I would purchase again if I could find it cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by karinatwork

I used the kit two times in the past week, and I have to say I'm very happy with the results. Especially when it comes to current breakouts, they were gone in no time, not just dried up quickly but also the redness is fading much faster. I purchased 6 samples from Ebay and I am planning on buying the full size once they're used up. I was very afraid at first because usually my skin reacts poorly to such harsh treatments, but the replenishing lotion is very nice (mine doesn't have sparkles, btw). The only other microdermabrasion product I have tried is from Avon and MK's is definitively better. I'll update if anything changes. + + + UPDATE: I have now used the kit 4 times, and I have to say that I am more than pleased with the results. My skin is definitively smoother, and my acne marks are fading so fast it's scary... also, I have noticed that my pores are smaller and less clogged. This is a definitive winner. I am now certain that what was missing in my routine was a good exfoliating scrub - and this is it. Try a sample (from ebay), that's what I did before buying the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 11:31:00 AM More reviews by turtlesmom

I didn't think my skin was really in bad shape until I tried a sample of the microdermabrasion. Wow, what a difference. My face was so soft and clean feeling. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by nico1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best scrub IMO, and the only one that has actually worked for me.
The texture is gritty enough to remove dead cells, and once you wash it off you are left with baby-soft skin. The serum calms down any irritation left by the scrub, and is silky soft. This combo helped fade most of my acne scars within a month (used every 2-3 days),got rid of some pitted scars, I don't break out as often, and my face is not as oily as before. It is expensive but very worth the money. I also tried the Olay kit and didn't do anything for me. As I said, this MK Timewise kit is the only one that worked for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

This is not horrible, but it isn't good either. It made me break out, itch and my skin became very red...not a rosy glow, just RED like it was burning. This was the only time I had a reaction like this to an at-home microdermabrasion kit.

I have tried Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Lancome and Avon. Avon produced by far the most professional, yet gentle result.

Skip the MK and buy one of the others.

Just to add, I have never had a good experience with anything Mary Kay for my face. Love the Satin Hands and Body Cleansing Gel, but there's something in all of the face products that hurts my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Kileybiz

I got it because my Mary Kay lady was telling me how great it is this and that so I bought it and tried it out.

Don't think it's that great. I used it 4x and now the rest is just sitting somewhere under my sink.

Updated: Using it here and there. It's just ok not as great as other said.

I do think getting the real microdermabrasion will bring better result in my opinion. Of course you have to make spend time on making appointment and waiting and paying more for the service but anything for our face, no?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by goingpink

This is a good prducet but for the price I think I will stay with St. Ives I think ST. Ives is a much better prduct and not expencive. Yes it says what it dose but too me St Ives scrubs did too only St Ives acculy clears up my skin this dis a little but not a good as St. Ives. So I'll stick with St. Ives

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by turksoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this on my face 2 days ago & I can't wait to use it again! My skin has definitely improved with just one use. It kinda feels like rubbing shards of glass on your face for that 2 minute period that your rubbing it on but it's all worth it! My skin says many thanks to Mary Kay microdermabrasion! It rocks