Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais

3.7

on 3/7/2004 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*swoon* Ce Soir ou Jamais, in all its rich, rosy glory, makes me think of paperback love stories and romantic black and white movies from the 40's. It smells like a perfume that you would wear with your best chiffon dress, hair in curls, high heels and red lipstick, just waiting for a dark, dashing young man to come and sweep you off your feet. Romance in a bottle.

(Unfortunately, it's the 2000s and my life is about as unromantic as you can get. Still, a girl can dream, can't she?) continued >>

on 2/15/2004 5:36:00 PM

I was lucky to find this bottle on the shelves of my beloved local T J Maxx. This is one of the many great rose scents(with a touch of green) I have discovered since joing MUA. The notes are turkish rose,ambrette seed,cassis,pears,and wild flowers. Lovely lasting power and overall a wonderful scent.

on 2/6/2004 12:13:00 AM

Love at first sniff...This perfume agrees with my chemistry on so many levels. I opened the bottle (from a wonderful MUAer) and couldn't believe what I was sensing. I breathed in deeply, not daring to imagine the scent would remain consistently beautiful. But it has, and does and this has quickly zoomed to the first place position of my collection.

The scent is pure rose - with a twist. I capture a citrus note intermingled with the rose as well as some other heady flowers (perhaps a touch of jasmine??). The initial spray is a burst of pure beauty and by four or five hours later has mellowed to a mature afternoon-in-the-sun rose scent on my skin, heavily honeyed yet still creamy and somehow still fresh.

Ce Soir ou Jamais may not work on everyone, but this is the very first perfume I've ever tried that has retained its innate beauty (albeit slightly altered) during the dry down and through to several hours later. This is also the first perfume for which I've received compliments in rapid succession - from both genders. One closed his eyes and took a breath in and said dramatically "you smell so good....intoxicating." Well, that works for me! ;~)

This fragrance and I may have only just recently met, but I am deeply in love and this bottle will always have a place on my dresser.

on 1/1/2004 8:55:00 AM

Since I can't afford Creed Fleur de Rose Bulgare and wanted to try a rose fragrance, this is the one I decided to try. I am very happy I did. This is a true red rose fragrance. Not synthetic smelling at all IMO. It is a very sensual and romantic perfume and the bottle is beautiful. Anyone on the fence about trying this fragrance don't be. I think you will not be disappointed.

on 12/20/2003 2:06:00 PM

I love this fragrance. It smells just beautiful to me. Real red roses, with a bit of sparkling pear and honey. Roses are my favourite flower and I grow them in my garden, but I have often found rose-based scents disappointing - usually too synthetic or too sweet/cold and insipid.This one suits me just fine. I think its romantic rather than obviously sexy,and my husband says its "quite nice" but it isnt his favourite. However, i wear it just for me!

This fragrance, to me, is an exquisite, absolutely outstanding, work of art. I feel like it's the scent I've been searching for, all my life. It is what I would create, had I the ability to make the most beautiful smells on earth into a perfume. After my husband, sons, and cats, my rose gardens give me the most joy, and this perfume brings the incredible beauty of their fragrances to accord. In an olfactory way, it connotes fine literature, evokes deeply aromatic wine, exciting sunsets as a backdrop to an impressionist garden...This heady, sensual scent fills my emotions with joy/vivre and brings forth images of mysterious, invigorating evenings, and the beauty of gardens in the moonlight...Chopin, Debussy, Newport, RI, Napa Valley, New Orleans, Chautauqua Institution, Matisse, The Garden District... It's roses and champagne...and loveliness. I so deeply recommend this special perfume.

on 12/13/2003 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My DH just bought me this for an early X-mas prezzie and OMG! I just love it! I've had it on for a few hours and it smells just gorgeous! I totally agree with the "wine and roses" description. A five in my book!

on 12/12/2003 8:15:00 PM

This one is one of my all time favorite fragrances, and I love everything about it. It's beautiful name evokes passion and romance, and the fragrance itself is unbelievably lovely.

on 12/7/2003 9:09:00 AM

I usually loathe rosy florals, but this has va va voom. Like musky, full-blown old roses with gardenia and lilac, this is quite a sexy floral - there's certainly nothing sweet or delicate about it. It reminds me of the exceptionally hot and sultry summer we've just had in England - quite humid and overblown. Lovely!

on 11/29/2003 7:44:00 PM

The name is intoxicating. I only wish the scent were equally so. For the first hour it is a heavy, suffocating, full-blossom rose; coupled with strong aldehydes. Too much rose and much too much chemical. Now, 2 hours later, I can barely smell it. Definitely an older woman's perfume, as it lacks the freshness and sex appeal of Nahema with it's soft honeyed quality. I would bet that most men would find this fragrance an actual turnoff.

Popular Fragrances