April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 6:57:00 AM More reviews by maiho12345

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews. This shampoo works fine for me. It smells great, and it makes my hair feels clean. I have dry, colored hair, and this did not damage it at all. At least i dont think it does. Overall, its a great product for me. Not the greatest, but not bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with many of the reviewers below that this isn't the greatest of products. It left my curly hair frizzy and dried out. It didn't rinse clean and after a few uses, there was definite build-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2004 2:03:00 PM More reviews by twinkie57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i received this shampoo as a gift (hence, the "1" rating on price :). while it smelled delicious, it left my already course hair dry and frazzled. i moved on to physique afterwards and it did wonders in restoring my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by beethovengirl

Here is the ingredient list for this shampoo: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ethanol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Panthenol, D&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Brown No. 1, D&C Red No. 33, Fragrance. It doesn't have SLS, but it does have ethanol, which is a very drying alcohol. This shampoo might feel like it's not stripping your hair the first time you use it, but over time the alcohol will dry out your hair, which explains some of the reviews. Ethanol, denatured alcohol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl, and SD alcohol are all drying and should be avoided. My source is Paula Begoun's cosmetics dictionary, which I recommend as an excellent objective source on all sorts of ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2004 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kls17

Mmm, I LOVE the scent of this shampoo. However, it has the tendency to dry out my hair a bit if I use it too often. So I use this once a week the matching conditioner and get very good results. I always have a bottle of this on hand, mainly for the delicious smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this for about 9 bucks for the 12 oz shampoo and 8.5 oz conditioner! I just tried it and absolutely looove it! Very Creamy, and the smell is a delicious sweet scent of Pineapples... I didn't use the conditioner and my hair was sooo easy to comb through and very soft feeling a definate winner for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by politician

Moisture Maniac is actually a misleading name, because it is a deep cleansing shampoo with a chelating agent in it. It leaves the hair thoroughly cleansed, but not dried out. If you're looking for more Moisture, go for Oatmeal and Honey or the new Fashonista line. (I work for Tigi, so I figured I'd help you out on this one.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mococh

This is the best shampoo I have found for my thin, fine, colored hair. It keeps my hair from drying out, and does not weigh it down. I've been using it for about a year, with good results. Another plus, a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2003 9:59:00 PM More reviews by beccabrowneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and the 'hipness' of this stuff. I haven't had any bad thoughts about it, so I guess I'm pretty satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2003 4:39:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have some mixed feelings about this shampoo. I started using it two years ago and loved it -- it really seemed to work well with my hair, which is a rare thing. Then, about 8 months later, my hair suddenly became very dry. I moved onto another shampoo, but I recently tried tried this again while visiting my mother. It severly dried my scalp, and I irritated my skin. I'm not certain what the deal is with this shampoo!