TiGi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo

2.8

Aqua (Water) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Polyquaternium-10, Coco-Glucoside, Glycol Stearate, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Limonene, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 15985 (Yellow 6)

on 3/12/2004 6:57:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews. This shampoo works fine for me. It smells great, and it makes my hair feels clean. I have dry, colored hair, and this did not damage it at all. At least i dont think it does. Overall, its a great product for me. Not the greatest, but not bad.

on 3/10/2004 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I agree with many of the reviewers below that this isn't the greatest of products. It left my curly hair frizzy and dried out. It didn't rinse clean and after a few uses, there was definite build-up.

on 3/10/2004 2:03:00 PM

i received this shampoo as a gift (hence, the "1" rating on price :). while it smelled delicious, it left my already course hair dry and frazzled. i moved on to physique afterwards and it did wonders in restoring my hair.

Here is the ingredient list for this shampoo: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ethanol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Panthenol, D&C Yellow No. 6, D&C Brown No. 1, D&C Red No. 33, Fragrance. It doesn't have SLS, but it does have ethanol, which is a very drying alcohol. This shampoo might feel like it's not stripping your hair the first time you use it, but over time the alcohol will dry out your hair, which explains some of the reviews. Ethanol, denatured alcohol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl, and SD alcohol are all drying and should be avoided. My source is Paula Begoun's cosmetics dictionary, which I recommend as an excellent objective source on all sorts of ingredients.

on 1/7/2004 3:39:00 PM

Mmm, I LOVE the scent of this shampoo. However, it has the tendency to dry out my hair a bit if I use it too often. So I use this once a week the matching conditioner and get very good results. I always have a bottle of this on hand, mainly for the delicious smell.

on 1/3/2004 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for about 9 bucks for the 12 oz shampoo and 8.5 oz conditioner! I just tried it and absolutely looove it! Very Creamy, and the smell is a delicious sweet scent of Pineapples... I didn't use the conditioner and my hair was sooo easy to comb through and very soft feeling a definate winner for me...

on 12/9/2003 10:54:00 PM

Moisture Maniac is actually a misleading name, because it is a deep cleansing shampoo with a chelating agent in it. It leaves the hair thoroughly cleansed, but not dried out. If you're looking for more Moisture, go for Oatmeal and Honey or the new Fashonista line. (I work for Tigi, so I figured I'd help you out on this one.)

on 11/30/2003 6:10:00 PM

This is the best shampoo I have found for my thin, fine, colored hair. It keeps my hair from drying out, and does not weigh it down. I've been using it for about a year, with good results. Another plus, a little goes a long way.

I love the smell and the 'hipness' of this stuff. I haven't had any bad thoughts about it, so I guess I'm pretty satisfied.

on 10/28/2003 4:39:00 AM

I have some mixed feelings about this shampoo. I started using it two years ago and loved it -- it really seemed to work well with my hair, which is a rare thing. Then, about 8 months later, my hair suddenly became very dry. I moved onto another shampoo, but I recently tried tried this again while visiting my mother. It severly dried my scalp, and I irritated my skin. I'm not certain what the deal is with this shampoo!

Popular Shampoos